HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2008, 07:28 PM
Joined Mar 2008
31 Posts
Question
rc weed eater build

hi there was wondering if any body had plans for a car to put 2 weed eater engines in. and how would i go about joining the to weed eater engines together. i was thinking on making a sprint car chassis to put them in. if u got any ideas please replie thanks
30cc_rc is offline Find More Posts by 30cc_rc
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2008, 08:19 PM
Nitro King
Joined Mar 2008
39 Posts
man i was actually askin my peeps the same thing last week.. with only one engine tho. i hate paying 25 bucks a gallon for nitro fuel so i figure a weedeater on a 1/8 scale Savage X would be dope......lemme know what ya figure out cuase im tring to do the same thing....think the 1/8 would work?
nitroman420 is offline Find More Posts by nitroman420
Old Mar 20, 2008, 09:11 PM
Joined Mar 2008
31 Posts
hey man

i was thinking on building a custom chassis for it and most the parts will be custom made heres some plans of the base chassis
30cc_rc is offline Find More Posts by 30cc_rc
Old Mar 20, 2008, 09:51 PM
washington
Joined Dec 2006
1,620 Posts
I wouldn't go all the way from scratch (or custom), it'll be too difficult to get started and repair parts. New Era Racing has a kit to convert a 1/8 scale Savage into a 1/6 scale. http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...0#?session_id=
Or you can buy 1/5 scale ones ready to run under $1000 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=CCA

I know it's not as creative as designing and fabricating your own beast, but it is the easiest way. Maybe you can look at the designs of those and get more ideas for you to make your own.
mtfly2000 is offline Find More Posts by mtfly2000
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:53 AM
Nitro King
Joined Mar 2008
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfly2000
I wouldn't go all the way from scratch (or custom), it'll be too difficult to get started and repair parts. New Era Racing has a kit to convert a 1/8 scale Savage into a 1/6 scale. http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi...0#?session_id=
Or you can buy 1/5 scale ones ready to run under $1000 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=CCA

I know it's not as creative as designing and fabricating your own beast, but it is the easiest way. Maybe you can look at the designs of those and get more ideas for you to make your own.
wow man thanks that is a hell of a truck...guess either way id be spendin a grand i guess cuase i already paid 550 for my savage plus prolly another200 in accessories. but this just makes it bigger..think ya can still mount a weed eater engine on there???? whats the biggest nitro motor i can ger for a savage???
nitroman420 is offline Find More Posts by nitroman420
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:57 AM
Joined Mar 2008
203 Posts
Hay guys I have simular project but i just bought a 50cc qaud bike for 2000 rands, thats about 222 us $. Soften the suspension cut away all the useless stuff and build a boddy out of 2mm aluminium. A 24 kg hiteck servo does the braking and throttel and a toyota cresida wiper motor and gearbox helps the steering along. The only problem is the ( OP amp ) to convert the 3,8v pulse signal of the servo to 12v current for the wiper motor. A friend build me one but we blew it and all the expensive smoke came out. So we are in the process of making it bigger. Top speed is 57 kmph , that is if my gps is acurate. Runtime is 22 km on a litre of petrol. Now how cheap is that. All in all 350 $ spent.
EZILLA MAD is offline Find More Posts by EZILLA MAD
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:47 PM
founder of the SSP
Walkerton, Indiana
Joined Jul 2004
1,554 Posts
Just remember that it also means more mass and thus more damage in crashes. Check out threads like the monster buggy thread. You'll see what I mean. That's why we went with the T-Maxx size stuff. They will crash and bash and survive much better than a large heavy truck.
Steve Boone is offline Find More Posts by Steve Boone