HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2008, 06:46 AM
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Dec 2006
65 Posts
Discussion
Folding prop for AXI 2203?

Is there any folding prop for AXI 2203? I'm thinking of putting this motor in a small bug-like sailplane, but I want to be able to land without breaking the prop...

Regards,
Patrik
Patrik N is offline Find More Posts by Patrik N
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:06 AM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,206 Posts
I can't see how one could fit a folding prop on a motor with a built-in propsaver and no shaft exposed for the collet, yoke and blades... just use the propsaver!

I suppose you could fit a longer shaft (even cut off the built-in propsaver, too) but that seems an enormous amount of work.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Mar 17, 2008, 08:22 AM
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Dec 2006
65 Posts
Well, the propsaver is great for indoorplanes that has landinggear! But even when the saver saves the prop, there are some stress on the motor and mount. On a indoor plane, this is not a problem since you, most of the time, land on the landinggear! Although, on an outdoor, slightly heavier plane that will never land on gears, the stress might be too much! That's why I'd like the folding prop.
The fitting of the prop can't be that difficult... as you said: just use the propsaver!
The problem is that i haven't found a folding system that use the propsaver...

In the worst case, I have to make my own...

I'll post a pic in a couple of days to show you how I mean
Patrik N is offline Find More Posts by Patrik N