HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:01 AM
chester illinois
Joined Nov 2007
1 Posts
Discussion
factory carb settings for os.61 fx?

Can anyone help me.I need to know the factory low end carb, setting for my os .61 fx. Took carb. apart because it was gummed up.Dummy me did not pay attention to low end setting @ cant fined manual.Thanks a ton. Plunk
plunk is offline Find More Posts by plunk
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2008, 05:57 AM
United States, GA, Ringgold
Joined Oct 2005
312 Posts
Plunk, there is no such thing as a factory carb setting for any glow engine.

Why? Because the owners live at different altitudes with different humidity and different temperatures. Furthermore, they use different sized props, different glow plugs and burn different fuels. To go a little further, some engines are mounted upright, some on their sides and yet others are mounted inverted. As if all of the preceding wasn't enough, some model manufacturers even have the nerve to mount their fuel tanks at different heights.

Just open it up to 1.5 to 2.0 turns and adjust it until it runs good.

Ed Cregger
Ed Cregger is offline Find More Posts by Ed Cregger
Old Mar 21, 2008, 08:41 PM
Certified Aircraft Abuser
Rocket City, Alabama, USA
Joined Oct 2004
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunk
Can anyone help me.I need to know the factory low end carb, setting for my os .61 fx. Took carb. apart because it was gummed up.Dummy me did not pay attention to low end setting @ cant fined manual.Thanks a ton. Plunk

Hey Plunk....here is a link to the PDF Manual for the OS .61 FX Engine

OS .61 FX MANUAL PDF

Hope this helps you.........Jerry
pilothyer is offline Find More Posts by pilothyer