|Mar 15, 2008, 09:22 PM|
Elipstick 260 Build: Part III
I spent some more time on the Elipstik. These steps were slow but well worth it.
This one required lot's of pins becuase of the bent wood. Some pieces were soaked in warm water for a few minutes to get the correct shape without breaking. Lots of pins held the shape until the wood and glue dried. I used Titebond wood glue for the 'wet' joints. Also, I admitedly used pins in a few places where it was not necessary. Sooooo, I felt it was necessary to fill some pin holes. It looks much nicer now.
I mentioned in the previouse build post that I was not happy with the trailing edge and was considering an 1/8" square strip of bass wood added to the TE for strength. I got favorable results with CA soaked balsa end grain gussets where the airfoil caps meet the TE. Much lighter and probably more effective. I tried other gain orientations and this seemed to work out the best.
I shaped the the leading edge as well.
Next is sanding the ailerons and battery box installation.
|Mar 16, 2008, 06:41 PM|
I think it's a 280 brushed. 280 or 380. Whatever is came with. At least that what's going on it for now. I think the owner of the model intends to put a brushless on it later.
|Mar 16, 2008, 09:11 PM|
Joined Apr 2006
Thanks a lot Nightz, I had this one out Friday, tried to fly but forgot I didn't balance
it, and of course it wouldn't fly right, crashed two times but didn't do much damange.
I will try again the first nice day I get, and let you know how I did. Thanks again.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|jet day part III||3dddflyer||Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk||3||Dec 06, 2002 03:59 AM|
|Looking for Elipstick 260 plans...||LawDog101||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||2||Feb 21, 2002 09:03 PM|
|Flight of the Toad - Part III||Dave Lindsey||Parkflyers||2||Feb 07, 2002 04:33 PM|