SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 01, 2010, 01:48 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,859 Posts
he has nice defined toes, pads and claws(all 26 I trimmed them all the other day) not just the extra bumps that ive seen on some poly's, he might work out as a boat retrieval cat, when he spreads those feet it looks like he could walk on water.. as a side note my folks have several more poly's that need homes, (just south of the twin cities, minn) they are from earlier litters, some very striking black and whites (they look like black cats with lighting bolts arcing across them)
tghsmith is offline Find More Posts by tghsmith
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2010, 03:48 PM
Boats on the brain!!
Arnold, Mo.
Joined Jul 2005
4,611 Posts
Sorry but the wife doesn't need any more cats.
green-boat is offline Find More Posts by green-boat
Old Dec 01, 2010, 04:01 PM
GILL
United States, NJ, Hopatcong
Joined Aug 2005
2,646 Posts
Sorry I can't help, I already have 26 in the house. Pic's at www.jsgill.net look in HELPERS and CREW
GILL RC is offline Find More Posts by GILL RC
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:27 AM
GILL
Joined Aug 2005
2,646 Posts
Well I ended up with an other. a 3-4 year old Main coon. Chatchie
Long light gray and white coat and at 19 lb a big girl.
We lost Lucky D 2 days ago.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:46 AM
chicago
Joined Aug 2008
326 Posts
well atfer losing are pal tucker we got a new girly name chirsty boxer beagle mix she a hand full lol!!!!!!
rye 332 is offline Find More Posts by rye 332
Old Jan 07, 2011, 11:02 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
Say hello to the newest member of the Kmot household:

Freckles, the Beagle.
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jan 07, 2011, 11:40 PM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,346 Posts
Congratulations Tom, now where is my cigar?
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Jan 08, 2011, 12:36 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,728 Posts
Awww, cute dog. Is it a he or she?
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Old Jan 08, 2011, 01:49 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
It is a little girl.

Chocolate cigar on the way. Wait out by the mailbox for it.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 09:24 AM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,586 Posts
you have to take her to the dam Kmot and teach her how to chase anglers, or train her as a AAA.

Nice girl, enjoy her.
Schrott is offline Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Jan 08, 2011, 09:32 AM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,613 Posts
Just wait till she starts to bay.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Jan 08, 2011, 11:45 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
Yeah, I know. We had a Beagle that lived for 17 years. This little 8 week old puppy already has a set of lungs!!
Old Jan 08, 2011, 03:34 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420TEE View Post
Just wait till she starts to bay.
The neighbor down the street has a beagle, every time I walk down to my mailbox she "greets" me.

My cousins had two beagles one was darker colored than the other so they called them Salt and Pepper.

Enjoy your new buddy.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 03:47 AM
WooHoo!
Lake Balboa, CA
Joined Jun 2007
5,123 Posts
Very cute Tom.

woodybob is offline Find More Posts by woodybob
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:35 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
Thanks Pat. Ya know, that photo is misleading as it makes the puppy seem large but in reality she is a tiny thing.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:58 AM
Account Closed
Joined May 2008
252 Posts
Found an infant squirrel in the back yard last summer, raised him to be a nice big boy named Bob...
Scott Gerber is offline Find More Posts by Scott Gerber
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:18 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post
Say hello to the newest member of the Kmot household:

Freckles, the Beagle.
Nice score Tom...there's nothing like the unconditional happiness and love a dog gives.
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:32 PM
ADM. 48TH FLEET
oxnard ca.
Joined Jul 2007
1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gerber View Post
Found an infant squirrel in the back yard last summer, raised him to be a nice big boy named Bob...
now were talkin......iv'e had two squirrels in my life .....they do make great pets if you get them young enough.....god i miss my chipper

joe
desron48 is offline Find More Posts by desron48
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:24 AM
United States, WA, Everett
Joined Apr 2004
120 Posts
This is my Grandpaws, very special boy kitty, first pic he is head boat inspector, 2nd takin it easy after busy day helping me.
zorrow is offline Find More Posts by zorrow
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:27 AM
GILL
Joined Aug 2005
2,646 Posts
Cats do make the best inspectors. They all ways have an honest opinion.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:40 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,613 Posts
Kody

7/20/92 - 1/13/11
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:53 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
Had a blue heeler (Australian Shepard mix. cattle dog) that never did learn how to sleep in a dog house, always liked the snow drift rather than the houses. She too lasted 18 years, sorry to hear about your snow inspector, may she and MistyGray share a snow drift together (with plenty of field mice under it to chase)
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:12 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,728 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss, so sad. My little co pilot turned 11 at midnight 12-31-10/1-1-11. I look at her everyday and wonder how much more time we have. Its amazing how attached you get to your little buddies. Remember the good times.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:03 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Joined Apr 2004
7,346 Posts
420TEE,

I'm sorry for your loss, you have my deepest symphony.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:10 PM
ADM. 48TH FLEET
oxnard ca.
Joined Jul 2007
1,275 Posts
sorry for your loss.....gone but not forgoten.....

joe
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:09 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
420TEE: It's heartbreaking when you finally have to say goodbye to your best little buddy. All of us pet lovers here know and share your grief.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:18 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Sorry for the loss...we still get teary eyed over ours after over 2 years...it's very hard to get completely over the loss some dogs...I hope your pain goes away soon.

Tom that Rainbow Bridge story was awesome.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:25 AM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,859 Posts
420TEE 18 1/2 years was a good run, better than most! the hole left can't be filled, but maybe another will make it not as noticable when the time is right, very sorry for your loss.. as they said in all creatures great and small "only them who has em can loose loose em" and the others will never understand the joys of the time..
Last edited by tghsmith; Jan 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:31 AM
Union, Maine
Joined Jul 2006
4,228 Posts
May she always have giant snow banks to play with! Sorry 420 for the loss.
Jerome Morris is online now Find More Posts by Jerome Morris
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:44 AM
barnegat nj usa
Joined Nov 2009
146 Posts
lucy gives us the eye when she wants something
onsite marine is offline Find More Posts by onsite marine
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:54 AM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,613 Posts
Thanks.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts everyone. Nice story Tom, brought a few tears. I'll be looking for her when I get there, IF I end up in the same place. Foo, I imagine they're romping in the snow right now. She had a long, happy, and active life until the last week and now she's back there.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:29 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,339 Posts
My RC room vicious guard dog, Jasmine.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:49 PM
Central Florida
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Aug 2008
269 Posts
These are my Guard Dogs, any burglars beware, you will be licked to death !!!!!!
r/cjunkie is offline Find More Posts by r/cjunkie
Old Jan 15, 2011, 08:22 AM
Joined Feb 2009
822 Posts
Had to put my German Shepherd "Cassie" down this week. She was just short of 14 years and had become a paraplegic. Despite her condition she was still alert and that is probably what hurt the most; taking her to the vet knowing that she would never leave. I buried her in one of her favourite sunlit spots, put fresh water in her bowl and left the Christmas tree lights on. For the last three days I've come home from work thinking I need to let her out only to remember she is not here anymore. It's hard to make boats with tears in your eyes.....
Nederlander is offline Find More Posts by Nederlander
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:19 AM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,586 Posts
Yes Nederlander it is very hart.
I always take them home, too, and I plant a tree or a nice brush for them.

I have a pretty nice garden.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:23 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,613 Posts
Nederlander, Very sorry to hear of your loss. Bad month for four legged friends.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 03:45 PM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,725 Posts
Sorry for your loss 420TEE and Nederlander.

I wake up occasionally still expecting my little beasty to be on the bedside table waiting for breakfast

Nick
nick_75au is online now Find More Posts by nick_75au
Old Jan 15, 2011, 04:50 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,586 Posts
March 1996
It had been a miserable week, cold and wet, the end of winter. I just had lost Patch, one of my old guys whom I got from the killer in 87. It had hurt. He had served me for many years. One of those gentle guys, never tired, always ready for a mile.
I woke up that night around 1:00, could not go back to sleep. Had that strange feeling, something was not right. But could not pin point it.
Finally I got up. Put some cloth on, slipped in the coverall and went to the stalls. All seemed quiet. Than I got to Heels. She was in the foaling box. Her due date was middle of April.
She was noseling somethin'. I did go in, to check it out.
Switched the lights on.
Oh sh..., there was a foal on the ground. D.. it; this was 4 weeks to early.
It was a little girl, she made some rather awkward moves, her eyes had a dull color. I took of runin' and called the Vet. Than I ran back got the heat blankets out and rapped her in. The Vet showed up fast. We had the IV in no time. Warm sugar lotion, while the first one was drippin', I prepared the next one and Kid checked her out.
He looked at me ' this one is pretty bad, far too early an' I think she got a brain trauma. Ma musta kickt her in the head. Letís tube her and put some DMSO in her.
He got his thinnest tube out and we shoved it down her nose. It took several tries to get it past her lungs. He poured some of the stuff down the tube. Than he cleaned her a.. out. Looked at the stuff and shook his head.
" Get a bottle and start milking"
I got my bottle and put a halter on Heels and started milking her. After a short while the bottle was full and we poured it down the tube. I went back and milked again, we poured it down the tube.
He took her temp. It was up by 2 degrees. After one hour we got her temp close to normal and we decided to get her up. We tried several times, but her joints would buckle every time.
I milked again and we poured it down the tube.
" you got some 2 inch plastic pipe, we need to splint her legs ". I went to the shop and split some pipe, cut it into the proper length.
We splinted all 4 legs and tried to get her up again.
She tried; she tried hard, so very hard. She knew her live depended on it. But she could not even keep her head up. After several tries she was completely exhausted, her dull eyes staring into nowere.
It was dawn. We bedded her down comfortably. My Vet looked at me and shook his head. He got up" She is a goner, Gunther, Sorry man. Ahhhhh f.... Take those Bags, keep the IV runnin', get milk thru that tube every 30 min and keep her warm no matter what."
At his truck he looked me one more times in to the eyes " Let her die good "
Let her die good, she was the first live born at the Ranch. I just had buried one of my old guys. How could I give up on her? I wanted live; I wanted it so bad I could taste it.
I went to work, every 30 min I poured milk down the tube, kept the IV dripping.
Around noon she showed some signs of live and tried to get up. I helped her and finally she was able to stand. Her head was bobbing around. After a minute she collapsed. Totally exhausted. I checked the temp, way down 90 degrees, heart in the lower 20.
Tied up Ma again and milked her, poured it down the tube, increased the flow on the IV, rubbed her hard, put the heat blankets around her.
Waited
Late afternoon I fed the horses they all hung around, looking, waiting. They knew. They were awful quiet.
The sun set. It got cold.
I milked Ma, poured it down the tube. Got a new IV going, took temp, 92. She was slipping, got cold.
I crawled under her blanket and wrapped myself around her. Trying to give her all the warmness and live I could spare.
I was desperate. I wanted live to be started at this place, not just ended. A place of joy, were young horse see the first light of the day, were they grow up, buck and fart around. Not a place were old buddies die. I was tired of death.
I wanted this little girl to live no matter what. She wanted it too.
It became the longest night of my live. I poured my live into her and she took it, sucked it up every ounce of it. Every 30 min I poured mothers live into her and she took it, sucked it up every ounce of it.
It was not enough.
Dawn came. I felt the cold to start to creep into her. I had no warmnes left to give.
She grew cold. The warmnes of live had left her.
I wrapped her in her blankets.
I walked to my house. I felt cold, so very cold. I had lost again
In the afternoon, I opened Patch' grave again and laid her beside him.
3 years later.
Middle of the night. Something woke me up. I looked at the monitor. Heels was going in circles. Pushing the straw from left to right. Than she lay down and the labor started in earnest. With in 30 minutes she had a healthy boy born. The third healthy baby of the year. I dressed, walked to the stall. It was a healthy very long legged boy. I took care of his cord and than just sat and watched the little sh.., how he got on his legs, clumsy looking for the milk, staggering around like drunk, falling over, looking embarrassed. Getting up again and than in a spurt of live blowing up into the air with all 4. Hot Wheels.
He found Ma's bar and she willingly gave him her live and he sucked it up, every ounce of it
Live had reached the ranch. Hot Wheels was the 8th foal born up here
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:16 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
What a powerful experience that was Schrott.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:25 PM
Joined Feb 2009
822 Posts
Quote:
Nederlander, Very sorry to hear of your loss. Bad month for four legged friends.
Yes indeed 420. Perhaps we should make that a new years resolution; to help make it a better year for all the little beasties that inhabit this world with us. Despite our foibles they love us for what we are.
Nederlander is offline Find More Posts by Nederlander
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:07 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,586 Posts
Quote:
What a powerful experience that was Schrott.
Yes, it was.

Years ago a friend, who knew about the unusual live I have had, asked me to write stories about my animals, because they are so much part of my unusual live. The writing about those partners of my live was a joyfull but always at the end a gutwrenching affair, because they ended wit the death of my friend and partner. I managed 18 stories and was at the end totally drained.
One I never ended, It was about a glorious Mare I rode in international competition, Harlekin, german for Harlequin.
I never was able to finish the story and never will and can.

The 18 stories got published in a small book, 17 in German and this one in English.

My father taught me a tradition from the Kosaks with whom he served, they need the best blanket, water and food and a coin for the ferryman for the last journey. I am an atheist, but that last service tradition has always given me peace of mind

I have one story that I will write, but I have shied away from, but I think I can do that one, Rocky Racoon, he deserves it, even if the ending will not be nice , but it does not haunt me, like Harlekin.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 02:03 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gerber View Post
As soon as I heard a RC boat modeller had a squirrel, this is what I thought of.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 09:56 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Quote:
7/20/92 - 1/13/11
420TEE, sorry to hear that Kody had passed, but then 18 1/2 years is a good life for any dog.

My American Eskimo is presently 12 and healthy, and I hope he stays around that long---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:42 AM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
36 Posts
my dog

my dog
HydoRigger is offline Find More Posts by HydoRigger
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:45 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
He's the captain of the ship!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 03:11 AM
Madison, MS
Joined Oct 2004
2,453 Posts
Neat pictures, cute dog. In the second one, I believe he just heard the future name of the boat will be the Titanic. He appears to be leaving the bridge, heading for the lifeboats.
jeepers1940 is offline Find More Posts by jeepers1940
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:11 PM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,101 Posts
It's down around 10 degrees and Sam is determined to stay warm whether I want to get something done or not. Fred took this in the workshop today.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:20 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,148 Posts
That's a good cat you have there, Charlie!
Aerominded is online now Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:44 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
I can understand an animal wanting warmth as a natural part of his existence, much like people. Nothing like cuddling with your pet---.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:13 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Joined Apr 2004
7,346 Posts
Mom, Paris is chasing birds again!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 10:31 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
Joined Apr 2007
3,296 Posts
Two of the family watch dogs!
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:20 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
Looks like "Petie" from the Little Rascal's!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 02:55 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,613 Posts
Bag O' cat.

I'll have to speak to the manager about how they pack their bags.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:19 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
Teething...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:54 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,613 Posts
Looks familiar. The psycho cat in the bag above will be the sweetest, purring little dear then with no warning turn and sink her teeth and claws into your arm.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:03 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,728 Posts
Thats why Im single with a dog......kitties of all kinds can turn on you without warning.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 09:37 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Joined Apr 2004
7,346 Posts
Quote:
I'll have to speak to the manager about how they pack their bags.
Now that's cute.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:16 PM
ADM. 48TH FLEET
oxnard ca.
Joined Jul 2007
1,275 Posts
i'll take a cat over a dog anyday......

joe
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:40 AM
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
I'll put this here since this for pets: I ran into a guy at the tire store the other day. He had his huge choclate bull mastiff with him (his name was Baxter), and he was gorgeous, one of those people dogs, not aggressive just one of those, 'scratch my ears or my face and I'll love you types.' Any way we got to discussing mastiffs (my former boss has a pair) and he said that he has bred Baxter and he had one pup left that he was giving away, pure bred but that he had a heart defect and couldn't register or breed him. He said the vet told him the pup could live a week or 15 years, no telling. Anyways if anyone would like a small horse with some health problems let me know. For reference, Baxter, the father was well north of a hundred pounds, and stood probably three feet high at the shoulder.
Foo
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:14 AM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predreadnut View Post
Thats why Im single with a dog......kitties of all kinds can turn on you without warning.
yes thats true and I spent a night in the hospital because of it, but you don't see many news stories were someone was attacked and killed by a tabby!!!

PS if a young cat is biting you need to scruff the little monster and teach them this is wrong, they normaly learn this from mom and litter mates if not removed to young.(but some cats are just plain psycho) the new guy was taught very well, never a bite or even claw when playing..
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:30 AM
GILL
Joined Aug 2005
2,646 Posts
I am in total agreement with tghsmith. With all the adoptions, foster, and transports we have done over the years. My wife and I have never been injured so bad as to have to g too a hospital. There are 24 cats in our house at this time. If trained right there is no bitting or scratching. They all learn very quickly that I have a squirt water bottle and I am not afraid to use it. In the past few years we have fostered or transported over 400 cats and kittens.
Here is the picture of the CREW, ours and fosters, missing are the 4 black 8 month old kittens.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:18 PM
太刀風
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jan 2003
1,091 Posts
Keep in mind that one can learn everything they want to know about a woman from cats.
What other creature will look at you with purring eyes an turn on you? Hold out your hand to a dog, it will lick it, hold out that hand to a cat, either ignore you or bite you, but never lick you. And if it did lick you, it is only tasting you.
Tachikaze is offline Find More Posts by Tachikaze
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:46 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,859 Posts
using water as a threat to train yeti(the 26toed monster) is not going to work, my wife just called me, we thought it our mistake the other day, but it happened again leaving only one answer, this cat knows how to turn the water faucet on in the bathroom,, now I have to come up with a way to cat proof the knobs in there tonight!!!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 02:24 PM
GILL
Joined Aug 2005
2,646 Posts
They are smart when they want to be. Our Timmy likes the bath room sink, but it is a single knob you have to pull to turn on. At 19 lb he is big enough to do it, but is to lazy. We do have others that will open doors. Thats why there's a hook on the basement door.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:31 PM
Union, Maine
Joined Jul 2006
4,228 Posts
Timmy is a BIG cat!
Jerome Morris is online now Find More Posts by Jerome Morris
Old Jan 20, 2011, 08:47 AM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,859 Posts
me vs cat and sink.. I think I'm winning for a little while
Last edited by tghsmith; Jan 20, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:21 AM
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
man vs cross breed Siamese.....face it you are outmanned (or at least out toed in his case) leave the lid up on the toilet and give up. With our herd of dogs (5), after wife's shi tzu got stuck under toilet lid (don't ask), and too many tipped over water dishes we have a peace settlement, they get one toilet, and I don't take a 22 to them for causing another lake someplace.
Foo
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:40 AM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,859 Posts
have you seen the cat flushing the toilet vid? folks got some huge water bills, couldn't understand why, one spent the day home sick only to find the cat spent the entire time flushing the toilet and watching the water swirl.
Gizmo Flushes (2 min 50 sec)
Old Jan 20, 2011, 04:26 PM
GILL
Joined Aug 2005
2,646 Posts
That's why we have to keep the lid down. Besides they use it a the step stool to get to the sink.
Yes Timmy and Chatchie are big both are at 19 lb. So far we have a one eyed cat- Timmy
a three legged - Demitri
a blind cat - Dobe
a Deaf - Lenny
a self feeding - Egypt, all you see is a but sticking out of the bag.
And the rest think they are deaf when you call them.
Lucky likes to stick his left paw in the water bowl and drink from it. He then will run up your leg and sit on your chest, just to let you know that the water is cold.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 12:51 PM
GILL
Joined Aug 2005
2,646 Posts
So cute, just gota love um. Most oranges are layed back lovers. Our big boy Timmy (1 eye) is a tuxie as is Egypt, Chatchi (Cindy) and Demetri (3 leg) all 4 are lovers on thier terms. Peak, Mits, mama, and Princess are orange all are full time lovers.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 04:18 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,859 Posts
your going to have a hard time figuring out whos who in that pile.. they may be ready to make it on their own at 6-8 weeks but 10-12 makes for better socialized cats, gives them time together to learn the rules.. my latest little monster isn't so little anymore 9 months 10+lbs
Last edited by tghsmith; Apr 08, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 04:19 PM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
Orange Tabby's are awesome!
Old Apr 09, 2011, 12:20 AM
Taking care of the pond.
Joined Apr 2004
7,346 Posts
Blue got a bath Tuesday, I didn't get one scratch.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 03:17 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,613 Posts
Psycho cat from HECK is back.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:06 AM
GILL
Joined Aug 2005
2,646 Posts
LAZERS locked and loaded.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:21 AM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,613 Posts
That purple thing she's looking through is a cube I got in the pet dept. at Walmart. I got one and she had such a ball with it I got another. Then the ten year old cat found them and they'd hide in one and jump on each other and have a blast. Now they have five. They're only four bucks and I'd recommend one for anybodys cat.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:31 AM
GILL
Joined Aug 2005
2,646 Posts
I've seen those before and they are great. We have a teepee and a cat tube that was given to us. We also leave 8 or 9 carriers with out the doors and towels in them. With all our fosters it lets them stay used to the carrier. Yes they do jump on each other. it's fun too watch when they are stacked 3 high. We also have 3 cat trees, one I built has 5 cubby holes.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:51 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Cats drool....dogs rule....
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:31 AM
Grumpa Tom
Joined Sep 2003
23,872 Posts
5 month old Beagle puppy, "Freckles", kickin' it in her crib.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:55 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,452 Posts
Quote:
5 month old Beagle puppy, "Freckles", kickin' it in her crib.
Too cute Tom...

Here is one of our little angels...the owner couldn't handle his 14lbs of energy so we adopted him...
Old Apr 19, 2011, 08:46 AM
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
Tom if human could just learn to relax like that we would never need chiropractors!

Chico just looks like trouble looking for somewhere to happen. Dogs like that you swear at about half the time and wonder how you lived without them the rest.....
Foo
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:39 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,103 Posts
Bacon !

Ready for BACON !
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:53 PM
太刀風
Joined Jan 2003
1,091 Posts
Logan doing his Mufasa impression.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:30 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,859 Posts
a cat in grass is a tiger in the jungle....
after dark all cats are leopards...
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:24 PM
Dried fish eater
Joined Mar 2011
193 Posts
My MANI is 17years old cat. Please look at her photograph of art.
She was ill-humored while taking the photograph.
JPCAT is offline Find More Posts by JPCAT
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:24 AM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,148 Posts
Great looking cat JPCAT!
Aerominded is online now Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:32 AM
GILL
Joined Aug 2005
2,646 Posts
Beautiful cats, thanks for the pic's from the CREW
More pic's and short bio's at www.jsgill.net
Timmy is 19 lb as is Chatchi (now CINDY)
Demetri is a 3 legged and Timmy has only 1 eye, Dobe is almost blind.
Bailey is a MUCHKIN, full sized cat with 3 inch legs.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:01 PM
United States, MA, Lowell
Joined Dec 2008
536 Posts
Here is my Boat building partner ,before we had to put her down.
She was great for finding those small pieces that fly out of your hands.
R.I.P. Raven
P.S. I came home in the middle of the day and found her laying there under the fan with the A.C. on.
Had to wake her up to take the photo. lol
Homeport is offline Find More Posts by Homeport
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:17 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Homeport, it's hard to say goodbye to the fuzzy little buddies---.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 11:36 PM
Taking care of the pond.
Joined Apr 2004
7,346 Posts
Yes it is.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:54 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,103 Posts
Easter breakfast !

On a lighter note.....
BREAKFAST !
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:35 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,718 Posts
MMMMM. That looks good. Think I'll have some right now. Ha! Pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:56 PM
太刀風
Joined Jan 2003
1,091 Posts
Some of the 5 kittens and mother that I am fostering until old enough for adoption.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 06:28 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
9,103 Posts
Tachikaze, VERY good of you to foster these Kittens until old enough, I hope they find homes ... I care for my own Cat, one outside and 12 that have been abandoned behind a local safeway ... ALL are special spirits ....
Good for your Karma !
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:11 PM
Central Florida
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Aug 2008
269 Posts
Bunny Helpers

Hey !!! They chased the bunny away so someone had to deliver eggs to the grandson.
r/cjunkie is offline Find More Posts by r/cjunkie
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:33 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined May 2006
285 Posts
I am a cat lover although we own both, our dog is a minpin. Here is our Cat, Pedro... a girl. haha. Making sure the boats are drying properly I think.
4mods is offline Find More Posts by 4mods
Old Apr 26, 2011, 01:19 AM
made of fire and pop rocks
Richmond Virginia
Joined Oct 2009
1,711 Posts
Digging through my Photobucket account tonight.. I found this pic of my perfect little gentleman, Mr. Auger, When he was a but just a wee little pup.

I'm sure Ive told the story before. but when he came into my life, I was living a in a dumpy student grade apartment in the city with three cats. My wife and I were taking a break. Were better now, thank you.

well.. Mr. Auger was the result of his fathers last night... "whole" shall we say, he had an appointment with the vet in the morning to make sure puppies didnt occur in the house hold he was in. His father is a miniture badger dog. (dachshund) and his mother is a toy Pomeranian.

the dogs in question are my mothers dogs.

the day of the birthing of the pups was the day after I had come home in a funk to discover that the apartments maintenance men had not hooked up an Ice machine line to the new fridge they had installed in the apartment above me. When the new residents turned the water on.. that little water line proceeded to shoot water behind the walls of that apartment, and gravity being the cruel mistress she is, caused that water to come raining into MY apartment. destroying the cieling and inflicting heavy water damage all over my apartment.

its one thing to feel like your world is collapsing all around you, its quite another to come home and see that it is.

Anyway.. crash at the mothers place while the place is being mopped up.

I was instructed by the mother to keep an eye on mama dog, she was due, and acting funny. When I got there mama was full on in little doggy maggot ejection mode.
mama dog being a big fan and supporter of me and my endeavors proceeds to jump and greet me, showing off her collection of squirmy little things. just then she stops, sits looks at me a little worried, goes "yelp"!

I see whats happening and reach over just in time to catch this thing falling out of her.

mama gets excited again and starts to dart around with this little thing, still attached being taken for a not too pleasnt ride!
I stop mama, pick up first the little crying thing, then her, march to the kitchen to grab some kitchen shears and sever the tie. then take them both back to the nest.

and that's the story of Bgnome the puppy midwife. but I will say that first moment of contact right there imprinted that little doggy to me in a very profound way.

once he got old enough to leave the nest, he came to live with me at the dumpy apartment where he was left to be raised by the cats as one of their own. his best buddy is Hank the cat and the two of them still play catch and snuggle. one of the most amusing site I have ever seen was of him and hank laying down next to each other, both with the same expresion, both with tails wrapped around the hind legs, the front paws both crossed the same way.

Auger always stays near me at home, never barks, unless hes on self imposed guard duty, and when he does bark, its with the voice of a dog ten times his size. and only when he is on guard duty. usually when Im not at home and instruct him to take care of the place. or when Im in the back yard watching bats..

he's probably the closest thing to a kid I will ever have.
bgnome is offline Find More Posts by bgnome
Old Apr 26, 2011, 01:50 AM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
Joined Apr 2007
3,296 Posts
Here are my 4. All rescues. 225 pounds of pure energy. Salem and Lola the bullies and Pancho and Scrappy the midget dogs.
gpzy is offline Find More Posts by gpzy