|Mar 21, 2012, 04:31 PM|
You can say that again.
One of my newest is a 30 lb mush. He loves to snuggle and has the weirdest purr that's extremely loud. It starts as a low rubble and rises. Brrrripp. The happier he gets the higher the pitch at the end.
|Mar 21, 2012, 07:21 PM|
Here we are in spring training for our trip to the Amazon next month...
|Mar 22, 2012, 01:44 PM|
He is not going to the Amazon, only maintaining his skills at home ( not mine ).
|Mar 22, 2012, 02:43 PM|
About this beautiful ( and VERY dangerous ) Cat, I want to say I am in no way an advocate of the introduction of animals like this one into "civilization", though raised from a Kit to be "tame", he is ultimatley unpredictable and if he got out, alot of small dogs ( and kids ! ) could be at risk...
Great whites arent meant to be in aquariums...
|Mar 22, 2012, 05:27 PM|
What a great looking cat. Does he do the head butts and rub up against the hooman?
I was God Father to a friends Serval, he was a great cat. Taught him to catch and retrieve, loved to hunt gold fish in the kiddie pool. My friend is a 5" brunette ( think Eva Longoria) and one of the cats favorite things was to hide and pounce on her. Since he weighed in at 45lbs and stood a good 25" at the shoulder, he could easily take her 5' / 95lbs frame down. And like you said, as cute and cuddly as he was, if he got a little excited with the pounce on the hooman thing, he would start to get a little aggressive.
|Mar 22, 2012, 06:16 PM|
Here is my "house cat", he is kept inside AT ALL TIMES, we had to move from Oregon because he got out once ( remember those two twin 5 year old boys that disapeared from the reservoir one day ? not a trace ever found...)...
His name is Momo.
He is seen here having just been released from his enclosure.....
|Mar 23, 2012, 08:43 AM|
amazing, but should not be a pet, (wild is, as wild does) I had a friend who had a bobcat, it ended very badly and sadly after a few years. some of my rehabbed ferals are hard enough at times...
|Mar 23, 2012, 08:56 AM|
I agree, the ferules I work with can get very nasty. I have one right now , not a feral. Phil is a big boy and at 30 lb will knock you in to next year. He just hates other cats, buts likes to cuddle. So some times I get caught in the middle.
Pre Phil, I had my face and lip split open during the night. Due to an argument. Very rude awaking and 8 stitches and these were not feral. They both had been with me for over 6 years.
|Mar 23, 2012, 09:01 AM|
Found this on pet talk, thought the cat people would like it.
I answered yes to all:
Are you a cat addict?
1. Do you, or have you ever owned a cat(s)?
2. Have you felt like you are the pet?
3. Do you spend more time playing/cuddling with your
cat(s) than reading a book or watching TV?
4. Does your cat(s) eat better than you?
5. Does your cat(s) furniture look nicer than the
6. Does your cat have more toys than you do?
7. Do you spend more on the cat toys and food than you
do on treats for yourself?
8. Are your cat(s) considered family members with
complete voting rights?
9. Do you move over at night so the cat(s) have more
room in bed?
10. Have you bought/considered buying a bigger bed so
the cat(s) have more room?
11. Are nose prints on windows a permanent fixture?
12. Do you/have you ever gotten down on all fours and
batted a cat toy to entice your cat(s) to play?
13. Do you mimic the meows and purrs of a cat?
14. Can you purr while inhaling and exhaling?
15. Do you refer to yourself/spouse/partner as
Mommy/Meowmie or Daddy?
16. Do you refer to your cat(s) as "furbaby" or
17. Have you ever moved for the comfort of your
18. Have you chosen a spouse/partner based on your
19. Have you ever just watched a sleeping cat(s)?
20. Have you ever gone to the store to buy a necessary
item such as toilet paper, shampoo, etc., only to find
yourself driving away with cat toys, having completely
forgotten why you went in the first place?
21. Have you ever changed your sleeping habits or
positions for the comfort of your cat(s)?
22. Have you ever found yourself sleeping in the exact
same position as your cat(s)?
23. Have you ever rearranged the furniture so that
your cat(s) have better access to windows?
24. Does your collection of cat-related books,
magazines, or videos take up an entire bookshelf/case?
25. Is the cat theme a primary decorating technique?
26. Have you ever caught yourself bird-watching with
27. Is cat hair a major food group?
28. Have you ever opened a can of cat food and thought
"that smells kinda good"?
29. Do you like cats better than most people?
30. Do you feel guilty if you go out to eat and not
bring back something for your cat(s)?
31. Do you spend more on your cat(s) than on yourself?
32. Have you turned the TV to an animal show so your
cats can watch?
33. Do you spend more time on cat-related chat boards
and pages than anywhere else?
34. Do you read snippets of cat magazines or books to
35. Are cats the most fascinating creatures on earth?
Add up all your YES answers to get your cat-itis
8 or less: You have caught the bug, but are still
relatively sane. Just give it time.
9-16: You have a mild case of cat-itis. Seek no
medical treatment; there is no cure. Now is the time
to begin playing with cat toys and seeking new toys
around the house. Work on that meow, the tone is
17-26: Your condition is severe. Cats have a firm hold
on your life. This is the point where anything cat is
more interesting than people. Your purr may still need
27+: You are now an honorary cat, you may groom
yourself when and where you please. You have the purr
and meow down pat. It is not unusual to find yourself
thinking as a cat.
|Mar 23, 2012, 09:26 AM|
Remember last year when some guy with a "personnal" zoo released lions, tigers and bears - then killed himself ? very sad and very selfish thing to do...
As we allow each state to define its own laws for having these exotics, it can easily go wong.
On the other hand, it does provide for sanctuaries for victims of human folly.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Cannot get into eflightcanada.com someone have the Ph# for them?||kushal_22||Foamies (Kits)||1||Jun 11, 2002 06:56 PM|
|http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13932||markdam||Sport Planes||0||Oct 13, 2001 07:41 PM|
|RCGroups.com||ezone||Electric Plane Talk||1||Oct 02, 2001 01:09 AM|