HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2008, 07:46 PM
boating addict
Coral Springs, FL
Joined May 2008
224 Posts
Here's my dog. She's not much of a shop dog, but if Mom goes in she'll follow. She'll chase just about anything RC (except boats ) but only for a short time. If she is with me she usually is just slowing me down by sleeping on one arm.
trawlerlover is offline Find More Posts by trawlerlover
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:38 AM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,307 Posts
Just call him "Dusty"

patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:57 AM
Joined Jan 2009
7 Posts
Here's our gang

Luka is the Boxer on the left and little Lucy is the mixer hamming it up in the middle. The Boxer on the right (Luka's brother)was over for a visit that day.
hood892 is offline Find More Posts by hood892
Old Jan 17, 2009, 07:30 PM
USA'd ex Brit
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,780 Posts
This was Dillon a few months ago...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2106574

This is Dillon this morning... 2 1/2lb of fur and VERY powerfull legs..
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup
Old Jan 17, 2009, 07:31 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,578 Posts
Patches the Flying Cat

Here's one from the archives that involved one of our earlier cats when we were in our Shanghai apartment. The following text along with the accompanying photos are from an email I sent out May 2005.

My first request is that no one calls the local chapter of the SPCA to report this.

One of our cats must have been watching Bullwinkle this weekend & decided he wanted to emulate Rocky the Flying Squirrel. Patches, our somewhat challenged, yet loving orange & white Shanghainese, somehow got past the window screen in the apartment's "casa de gato" yesterday morning before breakfast & discovered what it was like to free fall 11 stories to the courtyard below. Luckily for him, his outward trajectory - influenced, no doubt, by the flailing of paws & his excessively long tail - placed him directly in line towards a shrub 35 meters below which absorbed the bulk of the impact. If that hadn't occurred, I'm sure this photo montage would not coming to your mailbox as it is.

After searching all over the apartment & finding we were missing one of the cats, my worst fears were realized after I looked out the window. I immediately headed down the elevator with a bath towel expecting the very worst. As it was, I turned the corner & found Patches staring at me, in shock & trying to hide in the corner next to the building beside the bush that saved his life.

As soon as I approached him, he let out a loud YEOW! & ran for cover which was the best thing I could hope for since he exhibited no signs of a broken limb or other trauma. The doctor who checked him said he appears to be OK, is just in a state of shock, & will probably come out of this with no lasting side effects aside from a fear of heights. He's gingerly getting around the house & has already regained his notorious appetite, so at least it appears he is on the mend. I must say, they build damn good cats here in China!

After being away from Shanghai for the past two weeks, I don't think I can stand to have anymore excitement like this to come home to!!

I have more to say but think it's best that I close with several quotes I found on the Hokey Smoke! Rocky & Bullwinkle website: http://bullwinkle.toonzone.net/rocky.htm

Rocky: "Hey Bullwinkle, we're in real trouble now!"
Bullwinkle: "Oh good, Rocky! I hate that artificial kind!"
Rocky: "There has already been two attempts on your life."
Bullwinkle: "Don't worry, we'll be renewed."

I left out the photo showing a huge pile of shte that Patches left beside the building. To this day, I'm not sure it that landed after he hit the bush or was deposited after the fact...

Chuck
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:35 PM
What is this a center for ants
United States, CA, Beverly Hills
Joined Jul 2007
2,269 Posts
Chuck, looks like he might have saw light on the way.
avidjeepr is offline Find More Posts by avidjeepr
Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:47 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,578 Posts
Yes, I wondered that myself. That's actually the kitchen range hood vent from the apartment below.
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:28 AM
Joined Aug 2006
363 Posts
The gang. Just a wild bunch. One from the Pound, two were abandoned. All excellent friends!!
beneteau3 is offline Find More Posts by beneteau3
Old Feb 28, 2009, 06:39 PM
Veni, Vidi, Feci
Motor City
Joined Dec 2004
12,307 Posts
Find the hidden cat...
patmat2350 is offline Find More Posts by patmat2350
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:04 PM
Sweeper Nut
Joined Apr 2007
624 Posts
This is my girl Brandi..
Mike McCrea is offline Find More Posts by Mike McCrea
Old Mar 01, 2009, 07:42 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,723 Posts
I've snaped a few more pic's of Millie the weiner dog. She was "helping" me redo the steps.
Predreadnut is offline Find More Posts by Predreadnut
Old Mar 02, 2009, 09:05 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,659 Posts
Is it a sheep?

This is what you get when you cross a part Golden Retriever part Black Lab mom with a part Black Lab and part Border Collie dad. Most people say she looks like a sheep. Her name is Cinder.
When I take her to the flea market with me she loves meeting the people and especially the kids and other dogs but if she gets tired of that or if it's cold she wants to be put into the truck where she can snooze on a soft seat. She is very friendly but don't mess with my truck if she is in it. You will hear about it promply.
She loves to snooze right under my feet when I'm working on a boat and if a part drops on the floor it is instantly eaten. Plastic,wood or metal doesn't matter. If she gets to it first it's gone. Ha! Pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by norgale; Mar 02, 2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2009, 08:47 PM
Jersey Shore
Joined Aug 2008
322 Posts
My Girl Brandy @ 13 years old .
Winkman1 is offline Find More Posts by Winkman1
Old Mar 02, 2009, 11:13 PM
Owner of SSY
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Oct 2005
561 Posts
Mike:
Brandi is being a ham......

I tell everyone that she can count, I put 4 jelly beans in my pocket, then gave her 3 of them, she knew there was one more and when she got that she trotted off knowing there were no more treats from me then.
W.L Upshaw is offline Find More Posts by W.L Upshaw