Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:26 PM
Boats on the brain!!
Arnold, Mo.
Joined Jul 2005
4,565 Posts
Doggies...... gotta luv'm. http://news.yahoo.com/puppy-rescued-...173446351.html
green-boat is offline Find More Posts by green-boat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2011, 08:59 PM
Central Florida
United States, FL, Lakeland
Joined Aug 2008
263 Posts
This week I found out It's true, Bulldogs can't swim. My 1-1/2 year old English Bulldog followed me onto the dock. As I releashed my boat he slipped off and went under. A quick grab and all was okay. It took awhile to get the wet dog smell out of the truck but at least I still got my best friend. He might have to get a life preserver if he continues to venture out on the dock.

Craig
r/cjunkie is offline Find More Posts by r/cjunkie
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:44 PM
Call me Mad Hatter
Joined Jun 2007
427 Posts
Here are our two spoiled dogs with an electric heating pad underneath them, their favorite pastime in the winter.

Dogs, they embody loyalty. They follow their masters commands. You can be a jerk to them and they don't complain! And they never once beg for a paycheck. Great and loyal servants of man; How can we salute thee?!
Ford_63 is offline Find More Posts by Ford_63
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:55 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,441 Posts
R/CJunkie, the guy who taught me how to sail (full scale) had a bull dog and had a family rule that the dog was not allowed out of the truck without his life jacket. After 6 years they had figured out that if the dog got so much as near a boat he WOULD end up in the water it was just a matter of time. I had to go in once after the mutt when he decided that swimming to Alacraz (about half a mile away) was easier in his life jacket than swimming to the boat with a dozen people cajoling him aboard. After that we put a 6 foot leash on the life jacket with a unsinkable key-ring on the loop end.
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:25 PM
1/2 a bubble off
United States, NY, Schenectady
Joined Mar 2011
843 Posts
My wife and I used to have a little Pembroke Welch Corgi. Twenty two pounds of fur covered k-9 fun. We would bring him to the park and my wife would run her boat in the park pond. Rascal always watched and ran back and forth at the limit of his leash. Once when I let him off the leash he ran after the boat, leaped over the low concrete wall and into the water. He was just out of reach, called him and he turnrd around and swam toward me. When he was close enough I pulled him out and set him down on the shore. After that he just ran back and forth along the shore, barked at the boat a little, but didn't seem to want to go swiming again. He could swim but only the top of his head, eyes, and nose were out of the water. Then we had to stay a little longer till he dried out before we left.
Apismelifera is offline Find More Posts by Apismelifera
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:05 PM
Joined Sep 2008
6,441 Posts
It wasn't that Paul's dog (part beagle part lab I think, loved to talk (bark) to passing boats, and loved to swim), just would pick the most inopportune times to fall/jump in and go swimming (milling for the start of a race was his favorite seemingly, or on a no moon night cruise (learned to put a chemlight and reflector tape on the life jacket after that).

Had a pure bred Beagle who was so dumb that if you threw a rock in the shallow water of the local lake, she would wade to where she thought it was then stick her nose in there and sniff for it! Then after sneezing up all the water for a couple of minutes she would do it again! Now after the first time I would think she would learn but ten or more times every time we went (and that was twice a week back then)? LOL
Foo
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:02 AM
Call me Mad Hatter
Joined Jun 2007
427 Posts
One time Dad found the neighbor basset hound on his pool cover while it was on the water and he'd been walking around on it all day. His legs were a little too short to be able to jump back out, and my Dad said that dog seemed really happy to see him! He grabbed him out of the pool and smacked him on the hind end (not hard) and the little dog ran home!
He never saw the little basset hound in his yard again after that. LOL.
Ford_63 is offline Find More Posts by Ford_63
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:07 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,752 Posts
I have trouble keeping my American Eskimo out of our fish pond, and he swims with no problem.

After he does that though, he has to stay outside until he dries, because it's hard to love a wet smelly dog---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:11 AM
Joined Sep 2008
6,441 Posts
Ah, but see that is when THEY want to love you! Or after they find the dead skunk, or worst of all after they find the (hopefully dead) porcupine.
Foo
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:50 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooman2008 View Post
Ah, but see that is when THEY want to love you! Or after they find the dead skunk, or worst of all after they find the (hopefully dead) porcupine. Foo
---or dig up the 3-day-old fish guts and roll in them---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:27 AM
太刀風
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jan 2003
1,064 Posts
I was the Godfather for a friends Serval and would cat sit him when they were off on vacation( which was often). I introduced him to the kiddy pool with feeder goldfish in it. It was kitty heaven for him. Absolutely freaked my friend out until she realized that the cat lived for this pool play time.
Tachikaze is offline Find More Posts by Tachikaze
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:47 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,655 Posts
Dangerous creatures....

Another sighting of the Siamesus Gigantus last night ....
Looks to be about 280 pounds ...
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:53 PM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,062 Posts
Tim, I found mine checking out the clean laundry with his headlights on
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:05 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,797 Posts
yeti(goofballous abomabalis) getting his halloween face ready
tghsmith is online now Find More Posts by tghsmith
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:20 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,655 Posts
Dangerous creatures ...

Dangerous creatures all ....
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Last edited by Tim B.; Oct 27, 2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: add image