SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2003, 05:10 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Nov 2002
254 Posts
Rearranging Hitec Flash 5 transmitter switches

Anyone ever rearranged the switches on their Flash transmitter? I want to swap switch 1 and 3 so that I can use 3 as a hand launch preset. Of course it is not as simple as opening the case and swapping the switches as they do not give you enough wire to reach. The wires are connected to the circuit board via some sort of quick connector I have never seen before. It looks like it should be possible to disconnect them but I could not get them free. Should I be able to disconnect these wires? If so, what's the trick?

Jason
DlgHucker is offline Find More Posts by DlgHucker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2003, 08:15 PM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,191 Posts
The connector is unpluggable, you just have to pull harder!
However, this won't do a lot of good because each plug has two switches wired to it, and of course the wires are too short.

Just unsolder the wires from each switch, add extension wires (joints insulated with heat-shrink tubing) and reconnect to the opposite switch. It might be a good idea to tag each wire as you remove it, so you know where to put it back...
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott