Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 21, 2001, 11:21 PM
South San Francisco
Joined Jun 2001
67 Posts
How do I fix a broken motor mount on my E-Boomerang?

I finally found myself a fairly large field with an oh so slight wind. Perfect, I thought. I'll just set the trim real quick and have some fun. Thing takes off faster than any Zagi400 I've ever seen. Oops, rookie at the stick, too much left, no, too much up, BAM!

The RTF E-Boomerang's motor looks like it was hot glued on the top side of the wing and the bond came undone. Of course I didn't notice this tiny little detail until after the plane went down up down up CRASH on the second launch, hehehe. Oops.

I'm thinking of drilling two holes, one on each side of the motor and using a zip tie to hold the front of the motor down.

Any suggestions?
dano is offline Find More Posts by dano
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2001, 12:48 AM
Fun Flyin
Escondido, CA, USA
Joined Mar 2001
289 Posts
RocketWings.com sells them with their "Rocket Wing"...If you want one, Email them. The price is ten dollars and is more durable than the one you have. Its very strong and you can expoxy it on. Just a thought. And its lighter also.
funflyer is offline Find More Posts by funflyer
Old Jun 22, 2001, 01:41 AM
South San Francisco
Joined Jun 2001
67 Posts
Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2001, 02:12 AM
South San Francisco
Joined Jun 2001
67 Posts
Any other opinions? I already bent the motor mount bracket as close to 90 degrees as possible and have hot glued the front back into place. Tomorrow I'll drill the holes and fasten the zip tie. If that doesn't work I'll have to look at purchacing another tougher mount.
Old Jun 25, 2001, 12:28 AM
South San Francisco
Joined Jun 2001
67 Posts
Well, I installed a zip-tie and the motor will not come off now unless I hit it directly and the whole thing rips off. We'll see how it flys.

I will order the motor mount from rocketwings if the zip-tie doesn't work. I really don't want to tear off the beautiful work that Weston put on my plane.

[This message has been edited by dano (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old Jun 26, 2001, 09:43 PM
South San Francisco
Joined Jun 2001
67 Posts
I can't believe a whistle post got more replys than mine. Maybe I should post something about putting clear tail light lenses and a large wing on my plane, or maybe a big traf muffler on it, then I may get more than one response.

[This message has been edited by dano (edited 06-26-2001).]