SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 06, 2003, 12:38 PM
Joined Jan 2003
263 Posts
Hitec Eclipe-7 with Eco-8

I just bought a Hitec Eclipse-7. I have trouble to set up ccpm on the Eco-8 with this radio system. Will it work with the Eco-8?.Thank for any help I can get.
curtqn is offline Find More Posts by curtqn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2003, 01:12 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,468 Posts
The 120 CCPM will work if you get the metal swash upgrade. There is no 90 degree CCPM programming so it won't work on the stock swash unless you do some P-mixes. I've never done that myself but I've heard of a couple guys getting it to work right, do a search here and on the Eco board maybe.
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Jan 06, 2003, 01:42 PM
Joined Jan 2003
3 Posts
I have this setup...

I used PMIX 1 (turns on and off with the gear switch) to bind (100%) channel 2 to channel 6.

I set channel 6 as master, and channel 2 as slave.

I have it connected as 2=elevator and 6=right aileron. (use 180 degree mixing)

this seems to work fine.

mind you haven't flown it yet.

nick
nickybee is offline Find More Posts by nickybee
Old Jan 07, 2003, 01:27 AM
Joined Jan 2003
263 Posts
Hi Nick:
I used your setup. When I increase the throtte the elevator servo move more distance than the aileron servos making the swashplate till forward.
Do I set up something wrong???
curtqn is offline Find More Posts by curtqn
Old Jan 07, 2003, 02:01 AM
Joined Jan 2003
3 Posts
interesting.
yes I had that issue at first but I couldn't be 100% sure if it was being caused by the fact that I was using a slightly shorter servo arm on the elevator servo...(weirdly this should actually be generating LESS throw not more as it is with both of us)

it is possible that you have to vary the SWAH percentages on the radio setup

(got this off another post)

"Swash mode: 180
Swash ch 1: minus 70%
Swash ch 2: minus 100%
PMX 1: master ch 6 plus 100%
slave ch 2
EPA ch 2: 90% "

The EPA adjustment is just to do with limiting the elevator servo - that's what I've done on mine and it seems to keep the swashplate level (or as near as level as I can get it) all the way from top to bottom collective) but like I said I have yet to fly it.

nick
Old Jan 07, 2003, 10:37 PM
Eden NY
Joined Sep 2001
540 Posts
I have an ECO 8 (stock swashplate) set up with the Eclipse. Here is how I have mine set up:

Swash 120 deg
PMX1 (ON) Mas Ch2 --> Slv Ch6 value set at +50%
Ch1 is REV, Ch2 is NOR, Ch6 is REV

Setting the mix from Ch 2 to Ch 6 of 50% exactly cancels the mixing that would go on with 120 deg CCPM (120 deg-90 deg=30 deg ==> sine(30) = 0.5 which is equal and opposite in sign from the input that Ch1 and Ch6 would get from the normal 120 deg swashplate mixing).

This seems to work:
-Moving the elevator stick fore/aft causes only the elevator servo (Ch2) to tilt the swashplate fore/aft with no movement of the Ch 1 and 6 servos and no swashplate tilt in roll and it pivots fore/aft around the roll (Ch1 and 6) swashplate ball links
-Moving the aileron stick left/right causes only the (Ch 1 and 6) swashplate to tilt in roll and no fore/aft movement
-Moving Collective up/down causes all servos (Ch1, Ch2 and Ch6) to move up and down identically, with no elevator or roll movement of the swashplate

I think this seems to do the trick. Let me know if you have any problems.
-Eric
ohmite is offline Find More Posts by ohmite
Last edited by ohmite; Jan 08, 2003 at 09:27 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2003, 12:25 AM
Joined Jan 2003
3 Posts
not quite sure there's a difference in that

with 180 degree swash and 100% PMIX I think we all accomplish the same thing as what you described.

I also have collective up down (all 3 servos moving swash up/down) and cyclic movement moves all 3 servos correctly)

I would be keen to understand if your solution is more correct than mine because I readily admit I am novice at this stuff.

nick