HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:27 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
Burquinis.... gotta love it.

Yeah, this little plywood hooch is way better than the tents thats for sure. and for now, our heat/ac works... not great but it works.

Yeah, KBR... how can you not thank them. They do a lot of stuff around here though really. My opinion, it should be soldiers doing most of it, but hey, civilians need to make a butt ton of money too I guess. And KBRs mess hall is way better than ours is.

Laine.
lmopar69 is online now Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2008, 01:07 AM
Joined Aug 2006
70 Posts
Anybody Who Calls That Stuff "near" Beer Is A Poor Judge Of Distance.

Jim Gallagher, Cold War Vet..
jimgee1 is offline Find More Posts by jimgee1
Old Mar 14, 2008, 01:12 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,780 Posts
Yeah, the facades need a little work but the pools really nice
patrickegan is offline Find More Posts by patrickegan
Old Mar 14, 2008, 01:14 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
LOL, yeah, your right about that Jim. Its far from good I'll tell ya that. Even the Cokes over here taste a little different. But, they have cool Hodgie writing on them. Bet they would be better with some Rum in them!!! lol

Laine.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 01:20 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
yeah, why cant we have a nice little war in a place like that. I know a lot of guys who would volunteer for that one.

Laine.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 01:26 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,780 Posts
What??? that's not what the pool looks like there? You'd better get cracking on that suggestion box buddy
Old Mar 14, 2008, 01:44 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
lol, roger dodger bud. Im hoping to build a deck out in front between our two houses soon. Of course it will have built in chairs ect... and a 8x8 plywood movie screen. I have to get over to the class 4 yard and get some lumber. Its nice to be on the signature cards everywhere. With any luck, I will somehow end up getting a Proxima projector thingy to plug into a computer and project movies out there all summer too. Anyone have a way to get ahold of one of those projector things? They aint cheap I know that!

As you know Patrick, if I have time and materials, I will have cool stuff. And, there is always a way to get it done.

Laine.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 05:24 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
i never understood the "no alcohol" policy.
there's those days when you need a cold one after a work.
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 14, 2008, 06:39 AM
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Mar 2004
10 Posts
No alcohol my fanny! There was a local, with a stand, just as you arrive in Kabul that always had Heinikin. Plus the Brit/French compounds also had very nice (i.e. open)bars. Can't say the I followed General Order 1 to the letter. Stay Safe.

OZ(Ret.)

Vet of the Cold,Tepid, Warm and Hot Wars.
RC-OZ is offline Find More Posts by RC-OZ
Old Mar 14, 2008, 07:01 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
Well, General Order #1 does prohibit alchohol so. However, some folks do what they can get away with.

Either way, its all good.

Laine.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 09:47 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,780 Posts
I have a Tiger Zoom Box I would donate to the unit. It plays DVDís and at night itís an okay picture but it needs some sort of speakers for the peeps in the back row. We could do a little drive for DVDís and what not. Just say the word and Iíll see what we can do to set you guys up with theater makings. Anyone over there have a video camera?
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:22 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
Well, that would work out pretty good, maybe... we have like 200 movies on hard drives here right now. Everyone kinda put everything together and now we have them on a share drive. The best setup for us here, is something like the Proxima that we use at work that will hook to a computer, cable tv or whatever... but, as I said, those are not cheap!

We dont really have too many DVD's here anymore... just on "digits" mainly. That way nothing gets scratched up ect...

Thanks Patrick!
Laine.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 04:05 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,780 Posts
I hook the Zoom up to the Mac but the Zoom is Cheeseball. Tell me exactly what you want and I'll put it out on the network. Dvd's no Dvd's, minimum projector you need, give me the parameters (picture resolution, how many people would be watching etc.) And Iíll see what I can round up.

Does Southwest fly in there?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 05:24 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
Ah I see. I've never heard of a Zoom. And as for minimum.... I have no idea man. Picture resolution stuff is like Greek to me. The only thing I know, is that the ones we use back at home for all our briefings etc... are nice. They work great, and everyone calls them a Proxima... so, I would assume thats what they are.

Im putting in the paperwork to get some lumber today. Hopefully, the building of our deck will commence soon. The plan is about 20x18 or so. And I would guess, 10-20 people at a time watching at night when we are not busy. Although, we have over 50 in our company, I dont think we can build an area that big here.

Not a lot of help am I?

And no, sorry, southwest dont make it this far. FedEx and DHL do though. :0 :0

Laine.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 02:15 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,780 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/TIGER-zoombox-Zo...QQcmdZViewItem

but itíll never work for those many peeps

http://www.askproxima.com/products/projectors/index.htm