HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by rdwoebke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:30 PM
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined Oct 2002
700 Posts
On the topic of the 10k G&R
Gordon and Jody agreed to witness for me in Orlando but as I was about to drive down called to apologize since Gordon couldn't find his winch turnaround. So suggested I launch off my field here in Louisville, fly down to the course, then do the task. It was a long trip down but the 10k only took 59:58.
One of the Jims said that was okay.
Gordy
Gordysoar is online now Find More Posts by Gordysoar
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:34 PM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,841 Posts
I started this thread back in March of 2008. Sometime after that, or maybe before, I got a packet of LSF blue forms to uses as a club coordinator.

Last week my buddy Ben got his LSF membership card and his L2 form. Although I have given out a few L1 forms to folks he is the first person to become a L1. Big congrats to Ben!

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:56 AM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
I started this thread back in March of 2008. Sometime after that, or maybe before, I got a packet of LSF blue forms to uses as a club coordinator.

Last week my buddy Ben got his LSF membership card and his L2 form. Although I have given out a few L1 forms to folks he is the first person to become a L1. Big congrats to Ben!

Ryan
Bloody good job Ryan. Congratulations Ben.
We are doing well in Florida still too mate. At the Tangerine a bunch of pilots obtained contest points for their L3 and L4 vouchers. We should have quite a few completing Level 3 this year and moving on to Level 4 in 2013. They would include Dillon Graves, Raed Elazzawi, Mike Naylor, Paul Mittendorff, We also have Jamie Mercado completing Level 4 and tackling Level 5 joining Jody Miller who just needs his 8 hour, 10km and 2 hour to finish as he has his 3 wins.
We have identified several other much older Level 4 pilots from the 70's and 80's who just need their 8 hour to complete the big V. Our goal is to get them together at the Pompano Landfill this winter during a cold front for an 8 hour fest. If we don't hurry up then time will pass them by and it will never be done. Right now they have the ability and eyesight and we have planes and the will to help them complete their journey. I will keep you posted on this thread.
Gordon
aussief3b is offline Find More Posts by aussief3b
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:18 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,841 Posts
Gordon, that is awesome! The LSF task activity in Florida is something we should all aspire to. Definitely do keep us posted on all of your progress.

My friend Ben's first L2 landing! http://pinterest.com/pin/108790147220150022/

Ran
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:33 AM
LSFIII working on LVL IV
USA, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Dec 2003
598 Posts
I sent my L3 voucher completed about three weeks ago and still waiting for the return voucher for L4. Good thing I made a copy of it just in case ...
My radio is acting funny so I'm grounded until I can find a fix for it or get a new radio, and both options seem to be delaying everything for a while
Congrats to all that are making progress with your levels! Like someone said, it's not a race against each other but against yourself!

Have fun!
Enrico
enrico74ec is online now Find More Posts by enrico74ec
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:47 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,841 Posts
Congrats Enricho on your L3! I am sure you will get your L4 form in short order if it has been in the process this long. I think my buddy Ben got hisL2 form in about 3 weeks. Good luck with the radio and good luck with your upcoming 1 hour thermal, 4 hour slope (or 2nd 1 hour thermal), 2K, and contest points!

Ryan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:25 AM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrico74ec View Post
I sent my L3 voucher completed about three weeks ago and still waiting for the return voucher for L4. Good thing I made a copy of it just in case ...
My radio is acting funny so I'm grounded until I can find a fix for it or get a new radio, and both options seem to be delaying everything for a while
Congrats to all that are making progress with your levels! Like someone said, it's not a race against each other but against yourself!

Have fun!
Enrico
Hey Enrico, whats wrong with your radio?
Gordon
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:07 AM
LSFIII working on LVL IV
USA, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Dec 2003
598 Posts
Hi Ryan,
thanks for the encouragement. I am an anxious to get started in my L4 tasks! I will do my best to try and do a 4 hour slope. I think it would be a great way to get ready for the 8 hour task later on!

Hi Gordon,
As you know, I fly an old MC-24. Unfortunately the menu selector knob is not working properly. this is a switch that turns 360 degrees and also functions when you push down on it. It is called the "3d rotary selector". I'm trying to find maybe someone that has an old mc-24 that they grounded and would be able to sell this switch. right now I gave the switch to a computer geek friend and he is trying to fix it or find something similar. I hope to hear back from him next week

I could always go back to 72 mhz with a futaba 7c but it lacks sailplane programing ... bummer!

Thanks
Enrico
enrico74ec is online now Find More Posts by enrico74ec
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:48 PM
R2R
St Johns, FL, USA
Joined Nov 2009
607 Posts
LSF 1 Done

I finished up LSF 1 with my landing #5 today, an 88". I was the only sailplane flyer at the field, but my control line buddies were there to witness for me. It was a great day for soaring. The temps started just below freezing, warming to the mid-60's with light winds and some strong thermals up high past the inversion layer at times. I finished the day with a fun 33:46 flight, my second longest so far. Sending in my voucher tomorrow -- yew!!

Allan
R2R is online now Find More Posts by R2R
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:01 PM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,841 Posts
Way to go Allan! Thanks for sharing the details. Sounds like a great day of flying. Best of luck on your upcoming L2.

Ryan
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:24 PM
Ricky Windsock
USA, FL, Sanford
Joined Nov 2008
1,595 Posts
Bloody fabulous Allan! Keep us up to date with your progress mate.
Gordon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:24 PM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2011
68 Posts
Dillon just needs a 30 minute flight to complete his level 3
Kymb61 is offline Find More Posts by Kymb61
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:46 PM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,841 Posts
Way to go dillon! Good luck on that last 30. Did anyone else get any LSF task work done in 2013?
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:28 PM
Be the duck. Whaaaa?
United States, CA, Guerneville
Joined Mar 2012
312 Posts
I finished my L1 on december 16th.
UberZogster is offline Find More Posts by UberZogster
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:30 PM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,841 Posts
Uber,

Big welcome to the LSF. Always glad to have new members in our group and I am glad you finished your L1. Let us know if you have questions or need advice as you continue the program.

Ryan