SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by rdwoebke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 07, 2008, 08:16 PM
Axle209
Sacramento
Joined Jan 2006
302 Posts
I have a funny story on my LSF III attempt. Nearly 25 years ago, I had done all most all the work except but some contest points lacking for my LSV III; then I got out of the hobby. Around April of this year I was cleaning out my desk drawer out, thought I will never need my LSF form in the circular trash it went LOL. Then in late June I was speaking with friend that was into R/C Gliders about all the changes that have been made in planes and radios. So now I'm hook again hehehe. So what about by LSF paper work surly I didn't really throw it away? What F@##$$$%^& did I do. LMAO. Now back to the drawing board and do's over's LOL. Well flying is coming back to me, I just did my 30 minutes thermal duration today, on just a so so day. The LSF program is good way for new pilots to increase your skill level stick with it, and never never throw away your LSF paper work LOL.
Axle209 is offline Find More Posts by Axle209
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2008, 06:19 PM
Duane
No. VA
Joined Nov 2004
1,416 Posts
Just got my 1 hour slope flight for LSF II today at the Cumberland Soar for Fun. 6 landings and 4 contests to go.
Wazmo is online now Find More Posts by Wazmo
Old Nov 09, 2008, 08:03 PM
LSFIII working on LVL IV
USA, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Dec 2003
598 Posts
So, first of all, Ryan, i have to appologize, I dint read the thread correctly and you are right, postal competitions are not allowed for LSF accomplishments. (but sure a fun way to share some off the pressure competition fun )

I've read the whole thread several times, and finally I have my countdown stopwatch and my lsf level I voucher in my field box. My main resolution for this year is to not end the year without having my Level I tasks complete. Maybe I get lucky and can find some help this tuesday to start it off. Big question is, can I do my first 5 min flight and also score for landing at the same try?

Best regards

Enrico
enrico74ec is online now Find More Posts by enrico74ec
Old Nov 09, 2008, 08:07 PM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrico74ec
Big question is, can I do my first 5 min flight and also score for landing at the same try?
Yes, you can do the 5 min thermal flight and one of the landings on the same flight. Just so long as the flight originates from a legal length launching system (I think min length 75 meters). Of course, you will probably want that anyway.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Nov 16, 2008, 09:58 PM
AMA 353531
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2003
6,553 Posts
*finally*

I had planned to do a trim and checkout after a tail repair today, but launched right in to a thermal and pulled down 7:30 without even trying!

I *like* the new tail!
rdeis is offline Find More Posts by rdeis
Old Nov 16, 2008, 11:01 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
ok.... here's one for ya'll- Once you have a number, (lsf#6551) does it expire if you , ... say, .... fall off the face of the earth for like fifteen years? or will it stay in effect? I have recently acquired a couple of sailplanes, and am thinking of getting back into this side of the hobby-

Thanks all! KM
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Nov 17, 2008, 04:51 AM
LSFIII working on LVL IV
USA, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Dec 2003
598 Posts
I guess I'll be able to get my LSF I after thanksgiving. My sailplane club, Orlando Buzzards is hosting the Tangerine Championship, so I guess with 2 dys of flying and 10 + rounds, I should be able to get the landings and the thermal tasks done.

This Sunday I whent flying at my local field and even though winds where gusting up to 20 mph, I found enough calmness to make two 10 min flights. (could have been more but was practicing the timed landings too ) Oh well, not too much fun when you fly alone ...

Enrico
enrico74ec is online now Find More Posts by enrico74ec
Old Nov 17, 2008, 07:11 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,340 Posts
I am sitting at level II with all done but one contest. Twice I have tried to get a contest going at the club but have not been successful. Frustrating!

I'll get there soon enough I guess.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Nov 17, 2008, 07:53 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exciter900rr
ok.... here's one for ya'll- Once you have a number, (lsf#6551) does it expire if you , ... say, .... fall off the face of the earth for like fifteen years?
The LSF number does not expire. You could easily start up on whatever level you last were working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr
I am sitting at level II with all done but one contest. Twice I have tried to get a contest going at the club but have not been successful. Frustrating!
I know the feeling. I'm almost complete with L4 except I need 1150 contest points from one contest (not an easy task, at least not for me easy).

Ryan
Last edited by rdwoebke; Nov 17, 2008 at 08:52 AM. Reason: I was incorrect about something
Old Nov 17, 2008, 08:45 AM
Valparaiso, IN
Joined Apr 2005
740 Posts
Correction on LSF Aspirants

LSF Aspirants do not "expire" after a year. An aspirant stays in the aspirant database until Level I is completed.
Jim Deck LSF Secretary
Jim Deck is offline Find More Posts by Jim Deck
Old Nov 17, 2008, 08:51 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Deck
LSF Aspirants do not "expire" after a year. An aspirant stays in the aspirant database until Level I is completed.
Jim Deck LSF Secretary
Did that change? I would have swore that if a person did not complete L1 after some time it expired.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:38 AM
AKA - The "Flywheel"
SOAR Chicago!!!
Joined Jan 2005
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke
The LSF number does not expire. You could easily start up on whatever level you last were working on.

I know the feeling. I'm almost complete with L4 except I need 1150 contest points from one contest (not an easy task, at least not for me easy).

Ryan

Go to the Nats! Unless you finish very poorly, you get alot of points, even for a mid pack finish!
StevenatorLTFO is offline Find More Posts by StevenatorLTFO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Supra Vertical Stab and Rudder
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
AKA - The "Flywheel"
SOAR Chicago!!!
Joined Jan 2005
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exciter900rr
ok.... here's one for ya'll- Once you have a number, (lsf#6551) does it expire if you , ... say, .... fall off the face of the earth for like fifteen years? or will it stay in effect? I have recently acquired a couple of sailplanes, and am thinking of getting back into this side of the hobby-

Thanks all! KM

I was out of soaring for over 20 years, a quick email to the LSF Secretary got me new paperwork, my old number, and I picked up where I left off in the mid 80's.
StevenatorLTFO is offline Find More Posts by StevenatorLTFO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Supra Vertical Stab and Rudder
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:21 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenatorLTFO
Go to the Nats! Unless you finish very poorly, you get alot of points, even for a mid pack finish!
Er, yeah Steve, I have been around the block and am aware of that strategy. I have attended the LSF Nats 10 times.

I do hope to attend an event at the Nats in 2009, likely flying the Nostalgia event.

Of course, that strategy did not work out for me at the 2006 Nats (I have been working on L4 since 2004) when I finished like 5th from last in RES hoping to finish mid pack (I'm terrible) and get some points. I did not even bother getting the CD's signature that day I flew so poor.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549737

Perhaps that will bring some memories of a warmer time to those of us in the non sun belt area of the USA.

Ryan
Old Nov 17, 2008, 07:10 PM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenatorLTFO
I was out of soaring for over 20 years, a quick email to the LSF Secretary got me new paperwork, my old number, and I picked up where I left off in the mid 80's.
Cool! It's been so long, I really don't remember where I left off..... lol but I'll get that email off and see! Thanks a bunch!
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr