HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2003, 10:33 PM
San Jose, CA.
Joined Jan 2002
899 Posts
Discovered Click-N-Ship, no more trips to Post Office

I'm not sure how long it's been out but I just discovered the online shipping method for the post office. Finally, no more waiting for half an hour at the post office. I printed my labels from my printer and leave the boxes at my door for my mailman to pick up.

All you need is a scale to weigh your shipment and your credit card, there are no extra fee's for the service and delivery confirmation is free when shipping priority mail.

Give it a try!!

www.usps.com Click on "Click-N-Ship"
ferradas is offline Find More Posts by ferradas
Old Jan 06, 2003, 05:29 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,858 Posts
Re: Discovered Click-N-Ship, no more trips to Post Office

Quote:
Originally posted by ferradas
I'm not sure how long it's been out but I just discovered the online shipping method for the post office. Finally, no more waiting for half an hour at the post office. I printed my labels from my printer and leave the boxes at my door for my mailman to pick up.

All you need is a scale to weigh your shipment and your credit card, there are no extra fee's for the service and delivery confirmation is free when shipping priority mail.

Give it a try!!

www.usps.com Click on "Click-N-Ship"
I think this has great potential, I tried it but it wouldn't let me integrate my address book or address info from Quickbooks which meant I ended up having to enter all the information again, ended up taking more time that it was worth. I agree thought, it could be a great program. As it stands it's still good if you only have a few packages to ship.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jan 06, 2003, 12:24 PM
San Jose, CA.
Joined Jan 2002
899 Posts
your right, it could be a bit more streamlined but you know, that's the government for ya.

I do the occasional shipments so it works out great for me. If you have alot of stuff to ship then your better off going to the P.O.

I have to say that my second time using it, after I told it to print the label abd charge me, it git to about 99% on the credit card authorization and just sat there for over 20 minutes. I cancelled out, and tried it again. I found out through my online banking that it charged me for that label that never printed.

I will continuie to use it because overall it's a great conveniance, and I just get pissed off everytime I go to my post office to find a line of 15 people and only 2 clerks. I wonder if this is common with most branches.
ferradas is offline Find More Posts by ferradas
Old Jan 06, 2003, 07:09 PM
Zebulon, NC
Joined Aug 2000
5,086 Posts
I used it today for the first, works great!
Steve H. is offline Find More Posts by Steve H.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2003, 08:30 PM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,759 Posts
Quote:
........everytime I go to my post office to find a line of 15 people and only 2 clerks. I wonder if this is common with most branches.
I'm just across the bay from you and sometimes my branch is crowded, but not always.
I also frequently use a 3rd party shipping business - we have 2 local ones where I can ship using USPS Priority but the lines are usually 1-2 people. Check and see if you have any close by.
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Old Jan 06, 2003, 09:46 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Jun 2001
908 Posts
Ya but do you guys notice the rates are higher online? Everytime i check price online and go to the post office to ship it, it is cheaper.
JStory is offline Find More Posts by JStory
Old Jan 06, 2003, 10:03 PM
Zebulon, NC
Joined Aug 2000
5,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JStory
Ya but do you guys notice the rates are higher online? Everytime i check price online and go to the post office to ship it, it is cheaper.
The rates are exactly right, I have a postal scale and it calculates postage also, which is exacly right with the online rates, which are exaclty the same as when i go to the post office.

Sometimes the rates can be cheaper on larger packages because the person working at the counter doesnt measure it right or doesnt charge for oversize rates.

Now if you mean the rate quote thing they have on their website, that thing is wrong sometimes
Steve H. is offline Find More Posts by Steve H.
RCG Plus Member