SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2008, 09:50 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,175 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 7c 2.4 mixes

I need help. Does anyone who has the 7c 2.4 know if it has the ability to mix out the coupleing between the rudder and elevator to stop the tendancy for a plane to move towards the belly on knife edge flight? I've been told by 2 different Futaba reps that it does and that it doesn't. I have a 2.4 6ex radio and it won't do it. On mine when you mix in up elevator for a right rudder input it also gives you down elevator for left rudder. Not to good for knife edges both ways or 8 point rolls. I ordered one of these to be picked up tomorrrow after talking to the Futaba guy on the phone, then iI get home and see a response to a post I made on their trouble forum and this guy says it won't do it. I don't know weather to buy it or not.
mlesher2 is offline Find More Posts by mlesher2
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:22 PM
Mulit-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
3,505 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt as most of my 7c time is setting up helicopters but I do not believe it has the detail level you need to do up elevator with both left and right rudder.
barracudahockey is offline Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:56 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,081 Posts
I do mixes like that all the time on my helicopters.

You move the rudder to the left and set the mix for up elevator. Then you move the rudder to the right and set the other mixer for up elevator. Rotate the dial to change the values to what you need.

Let us know if you figure it out.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:35 PM
Australia, NSW, Cherrybrook
Joined May 2004
1,577 Posts
mlesher,

The 7C's mixes have separate outputs for each direction of the master channel so it can do what you want. For example, you can make the elevator go up for both directions of rudder input.

I do the exact same thing with my 7C to mix out the knife edge coupling. I have 15% up elavator to rudder, and 17% opposite aileron to rudder.

The one annoyance i have with the mixes is that the master and slave are assigned to channels, not function, so even if you use the flaperon function for 2 aileron servos you have to use 2 separate mixes, one for each servo (ie Ch4 Mas --> Ch1 Slav, and Ch4 Mas --> Ch6 Slav)

This wastes a mix and meant i had to use all 3 available mixes to mix out the coupling. If i were to also use the Ailevator function for two elevator servos (fairly common on 3D models) i'd be out of mixes.
CustomPC is offline Find More Posts by CustomPC
Last edited by CustomPC; Mar 11, 2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 07:24 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,081 Posts
Thatís strange because on the helicopter menu when you have multiple servos for one function they all move when you mix to them. Example is for eCCPM control systems you mix to collective pitch and all three servos more.

Apparently they didnít carry that over to the airplane programming. What you are looking for is probably the Link option such as the 9C mixers have.

I sure wish they would come out with a 9C-2.4 with a good low cost receiver. Currently if you want to move up from the 7C-2.4 you have to get the 10-channel system that includes a ridiculously expensive 14-channel receiver If they would sell the transmitter alone then I could just get a 7-channel receiver and save a bunch of money.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Mar 11, 2008, 08:32 PM
Joined May 2004
1,577 Posts
Me too, i hope Tower will release a TX only version of the 10C for about $399 (based on the $199 price for the 14ch RX).

That way i could use the radio with my existing R617's and buy the 8ch RX's when needed.

I also have a Spektrum DX7 and the mixing is better on the DX7 but i still prefer FASST over DSM2.

For me, i've decided to get a more capable radio and it's a decision between the 10C and 9303.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 08:47 PM
United States, FL, Miramar
Joined Dec 2007
1,253 Posts
And you can still use the 7 channel rx FASST or the 8 channel comming out soon.

Doug.
DougV is offline Find More Posts by DougV
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:14 PM
USA, AK, Houston
Joined Aug 2005
789 Posts
CustomPC,

I ended up going 9303 because of the great deal they have going on where you can get additional RX's for free. I also like model match, flight log, servo sync, cheap RXs, and the option to add additional RXs on complex models. While I agree that FASST is probably the better way to modulate the data, I think spektrum has a better implementation. Also, don't forget that the module systems add latency. The futaba 2.4ghz systems (even the 12z and 14mz) aren't as fast as the 9303 or DX7. It's not to say that it's a huge difference, but it mattered to me.

Anyway, just thought I would pass a few thoughts on as to what I choose when I was faced with the same decision. Either way I'm sure you will be happy.

schu
akschu is offline Find More Posts by akschu
Old Mar 11, 2008, 11:55 PM
Joined May 2004
1,577 Posts
Hi akschu,

You make a lot of sense.

Unfortunately the additional RX deal is not available in this country.

I've had the PCM 9XII (local version of the 9303) for the last 3 years so i'm familiar with the JR way of doing things so i'm swaying towards that direction in my train of thought.

Believe it or not, The 7C is closer to my old 9XII than the DX7. Things that i use the most include the triple rates and throttle cut function via spring loaded switch, both of which aren't on the DX7.
The mixing on the DX7 is better in the way that grouped servos all move when the function (eg, aileron) is slaved so i don't use up all of the mixes.
Last edited by CustomPC; Mar 12, 2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 10:28 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Joined Oct 2005
94 Posts
Hi:

Can be programed a throtle curve in the 7C?

Pablo.
psantaana is offline Find More Posts by psantaana