SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:20 AM
Joined May 2000
2,837 Posts
Discussion
Multiplex Easy glider PRO

Hi. I have seen this posted by a member in the U.K. Does anyone know if this is available in the U.S. yet and if so ..where? Regards
Bleriot is offline Find More Posts by Bleriot
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2008, 08:52 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,005 Posts
Are you sure you are not mixing easygliders here? Windrider makes an Easyglider (2Ch, lots of dihedral) and an Easyglider PRO (3Ch, almost nodehidral).
To the best of my knowledge Multiplex has an Easyglider and an Easyglider E (a glider and an electric glider resp.)
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:27 AM
Syracuse, NY (USA)
Joined Dec 2004
2,725 Posts
He is not confused, but I do not think it is in the USA yet, it takes a few months.
Keep checking towerhobbies and other resellers.
Block is offline Find More Posts by Block
Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:57 AM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
10,005 Posts
So what's a MPX Easyglider Pro then?
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:11 PM View Post
hobie14
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Over-competition). Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:37 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away
So what's a MPX Easyglider Pro then?

Here's a build thread by a guy who has one already...
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:32 PM
United Kingdom, England, Clevedon
Joined Jun 2007
125 Posts
Hello

Just about to start building one of these

What do people suggest if you want to make one of these pretty rapid ?

Would be interested to know what set up have been tried and results.

Thanks in advance

DM
FlyingKiwi22 is offline Find More Posts by FlyingKiwi22
Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:48 PM
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi22
Hello

Thanks in advance

DM
are you subscribed to ..... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...56040&page=164

The EG Pro is coming up more and more in the thread as availability becomes better .....
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:49 PM
DLG Fan
Tempe, AZ
Joined Nov 2002
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleriot
Hi. I have seen this posted by a member in the U.K. Does anyone know if this is available in the U.S. yet and if so ..where? Regards
I e-mailed Multiplex to ask when it would be available in the US. Their response was: "We are hoping to have the kit in stores by mid to late summer."

My e-mail to Multiplex follows. There is an interesting link to a hobby store in England that gives a lot of details about the EZG Pro, including two brushless variations. See the link below.

QUOTE Over at the on-line RCGroups/EZone we have seen that europe now has a new version of the EZGlider Electric, the PRO version. The pro version apparently has a modified/strengthened nose that will accept two choices of brushless motors.

Here's the website from a british hobby store: http://www.modelspot.com/mpx/easyglider.htm

I am wondering if and when the PRO version will be available in the US? And if there are any details about the pro version.

Thanks! END QUOTE

I am guessing that Hobby-Lobby and/or Tower will have it.
AZ_Astro is offline Find More Posts by AZ_Astro
Old Mar 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi22
Hello

Thanks in advance

DM
Perhaps you could try one of the new ARC 36mm motors - Klique has test run one in his 60" wing:

"The ARC was pulling 69 amps at 21,000 rpms on an 8/4 E static on 4s 5000mAh, and was cool to the touch after a hard flight."
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Jul 05, 2008, 08:16 AM
Slave to Gravity
Marysville, OH
Joined Nov 2006
97 Posts
Easy Glider Pro power train

I'm trying to assemble a good 'power train' for the Easy Glider Pro. However, as the plane is essentially a new model, I'm finding the details difficult to find.

I've read others recommend the Turnigy 35-36C 1100kv outrunner ($25) and the Turnigy Plush 40a ESC ($34), both from HobbyCity. That leaves the folding prop setup, which is where I'm seeking help...

- I think this motor can turn any folding prop from a 10x6 (quickly enough) to a 12x6 (pulling under 40a) on this plane. Is this true?

- The plane has a 55mm (2.2") nose, so calls for a 55mm spinner. I think the Cularis does as well.

- The above motor has a 4mm shaft, so I'll need a 4mm collet to power the prop.

I see that Mutiplex offers an Easy Glider Pro 55mm spinner/blade holder/4mm driver (part# 73-3500) intended for the 10x6 blades (part# 73-3490) that appears would work perfectly, but is not available anywhere is the US. Mpx also offers 12x6 blades (part# 73-3173), but I don't know if they'll fit the above spinner set. I think an 11x6 or so prop would be optimum.

So what folding prop set-up do you recommend? Where can I find it -- with a 55mm spinner -- for a good price (maybe $35)? Or perhaps part# 73-3500 will become available in the states if I just wait?

Finally, what are the Hitec servo equivalents to the recommended Nano-S (2) and Tiny-S (2) Multiplex servos? Why Mpx won't include this info in their manual is beyond me. Thanks!

PS: Planning to use 3S 20C ~2100Mah LiPos

Frank
frank3246 is offline Find More Posts by frank3246
Last edited by frank3246; Jul 05, 2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old Jul 05, 2008, 09:31 AM
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank3246
...... what are the Hitec servo equivalents to the recommended Nano-S (2) and Tiny-S (2) Multiplex servos? Why Mpx won't include this info in their manual is beyond me. Thanks!

Frank
Nano-S is HS-55

Tiny-S is HS-81
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14
Old Jul 05, 2008, 09:50 AM
aka MadMan
San Diego, CA (USA)
Joined Aug 2006
633 Posts
One option ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank3246
I'm trying to assemble a good 'power train' for the Easy Glider Pro. However, as the plane is essentially a new model, I'm finding the details difficult to find.

...That leaves the folding prop setup, which is where I'm seeking help...

- The plane has a 55mm (2.2") nose, so calls for a 55mm spinner. I think the Cularis does as well.

So what folding prop set-up do you recommend? Where can I find it -- with a 55mm spinner -- for a good price (maybe $35)? Or perhaps part# 73-3500 will become available in the states if I just wait?

Frank
Frank, I've had terrific luck listening to the recommendations by the team at Atlanta Hobby in all my ARF power train selections so far (PA Addiction, PA KMD, E-Flite Pitts Model 12, and even my ModelTech Fledgling), and here's a link to what they recommend for the Easy Glider PRO (which I plan to buy as soon as they get in stock):
http://www.atlantahobby.com/shopexd.asp?id=7669
Notice that a few spinner options are suggested in the 42-47mm range; and for the motor they recommend, they suggest 13x7 cam folding blades.
Throw that mix into your hopper and see if you like what they offer.
rjmanzuk is offline Find More Posts by rjmanzuk
Old Jul 05, 2008, 10:34 AM
Slave to Gravity
Marysville, OH
Joined Nov 2006
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie14
Nano-S is HS-55

Tiny-S is HS-81
Thanks for the info. I see that Tower has the new HS-82HD servo (karbonite gears?) as part of the EZG Pro Flight Pack, but even the Hitec Web site has limited details on it. Looks to be a replacement for the HS-81, at the same price of $16.49. I have HS-81s in my TwinStar, working great.
frank3246 is offline Find More Posts by frank3246
Old Jul 05, 2008, 12:14 PM
Joined Oct 2006
5 Posts
I have the easy star, the EZG, &the EZGE and I found it alot easier and sometimes cheaper to just buy the power packs that are made for the aircraft. I think the tuning pack I'm getting with my EZG PRO is a good price for what you get. Not bad in my book.
winstonguy is offline Find More Posts by winstonguy