SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:32 AM
Joined Feb 2008
30 Posts
Discussion
Walkera 4#3 Battery Cage CG Fix

I figured I'd repost this in it's own thread since most posts end up getting lost in the huge threads...

Dunno if this has been done by others, but I thought I'd share my battery cage CG fix. I modified the cage forward about 1/4 so that the CG is in the correct place. It wasn't really too hard. My version uses just a little 0.5mm x 3mm carbon fiber so this didn't add any real weight.

I'll try to write the steps as best I can remember:

- Cut off the top front bar of the cage that has front mounting brackets on it

- Set the forward bracket aside and CA on a piece of .5mm x 3mm carbon fiber or plastic about 3/4" back from the front of the cage (I measured about 7/32's). I cut out a notch for the carbon fiber to sit in which will probably make it slightly sturdier.

- At the back of the cage the cage where the back mounting brackets are, cut that plastic between the cage and the brackets in half (seperating the brackets from the cage)

- Set the rear bracket aside and CA a couple of small pieces of carbon fiber to the bottom of the plastic half near the cage.

- Screw in the forward and aft brackets into the frame. This helps making sure they are perfectly lined up when gluing to the cage.

- Now with the brackets attached, sit the cage on top of the brackets (hold the heli frame upside down) and very carefully CA the cage onto the brackets (don't let it drip on the heli )

Done! Enjoy your new properly centered heli without having to leave the battery half dangling out of the cage

BTW I'm sure this could be reinforced more by adding some more carbon fiber here and there, but so far this has held up and I'll reinforce later if I have to.

I'll post a pic of it installed soon
princew is offline Find More Posts by princew
to remove ads between posts