Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 09, 2008, 10:15 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2 Posts
Discussion
Mini Telemaster Dihedral Wing Mounting

Hi all,
What's the best way to mount the dihedral wing to the wing saddle? The instructions that come with the kit say to glue a piece of trailing edge to the front of the wing saddle. I have also read that it helps to attach a piece of trailing edge to the rear of the wing saddle for added support. I'm a little confused about how the wing is supposed to sit on the wing saddle. Does the trailing edge of the dihedral sit down inside the saddle, or does it sit on top?

Thanks for any help!
Dave A. is offline Find More Posts by Dave A.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2008, 03:14 PM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
Hi Dave A.
Welcome to E-Zone. Sorry no one answered your question. I am building a Junior Telemaster and I will take a look at the situation when I get home. In the meantime, I have seen the trailing edge reference in the plans and I made mental note of it but haven't trial fit one. The dihedral of the wing will sit down into the opening in the body. The trailing edge of the wing may lay on top of the fuse. The rubber bands hold the wing to the fuse and if this is like other planes I have, the bands will hold the wing quite securely. I will have more info after I look at it.
Jim
Skyshark is offline Find More Posts by Skyshark
Old Mar 12, 2008, 08:04 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2 Posts
Thanks for the info., Jim! Please do let me know what you find out.
Dave A. is offline Find More Posts by Dave A.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 08:16 PM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
OK, I was in the dungeon checking this out. Putting one wing against the fuse, the trailing edge of the wing does indeed lay on to the fuse when completed. The leading edge of the wing seems to just "sit there" just above the windshield held by rubber bands. I intend to start with a piece of trailing edge, (when I get that far), to support and protect the leading edge of the wing and alter it to get the best fit. I think it will have to be carved with a Dremel to get the best fit but we will see.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 08:24 PM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
Dave A.
I invite you to join us in the "My first Build-Telemaster Kit" here in the Parkflyer section of the discussion groups. You may have already found it by now. There are several of us all building the kit in basically the same stage(s) of construction. There are several areas in the instructions that are confusing and we have discusse them in the thread. It may help you along and you are welcome to join us.
Jim