SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2008, 10:30 AM
Cocoa, Florida
Joined Dec 2001
272 Posts
Discussion
Considering DLG...need info, please!

I now live on a small golf course, and was considering getting back into an e-powered sailplane (My favorite was the FVK Impulse 2 LMR).
I just watched a couple of videos on a DLG called the Blaster 2.
This might be an even better way to go.
Problem: I know NOTHING about DLG's, other than they apparently have some sort of dual flight trim programming for launch and flight modes.
Is there a thread somewhere, or another site where I can get up to speed on these critters before I plunk down the $$$ and possibly DESTROY the darned thing before I have any fun with it?
Also, since I'm going to have to buy a radio again (sold ALL of my stuff!), I'm thinking a DX7, or even a used DX6, since they are so plentiful.
Any reason why a DLG needs the AR6200 dual receiver instead of just the AR6100?
Does the mixing for flight mode setups require more than the capabilites of the DX6 transmitter?
Is there any other reason to buy a more upscale transmitter for this type of ship?
TIA!
Bob Cowgill
Mims, Florida
E-mail: rcowgill@cfl.rr.com
bmwbob is offline Find More Posts by bmwbob
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2008, 10:40 AM
Germantown, Maryland
Joined Apr 2004
4,513 Posts
Ask your questions here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/hand-launch-96/?daysprune=-1

All of those issues are commonly discussed there.
Phil Barnes is offline Find More Posts by Phil Barnes