do you have a 2.4 ghz cordless telephone? they can interfere with it
Cable Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cable Guy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2009, 07:31 AM
countryside Australia
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
Out of interest... I now have my first Explorer running like my new one. It has had many mishaps... and I have had it to bits many times now.It is very repairable. My local Hobby shop is there if I get stuck.Now that I can fly with control there are not as many crashes. I have 3 batteries and 2 working helis.Perfect.
Garry8255 is offline Find More Posts by Garry8255
Old Mar 31, 2009, 06:23 PM
Joined Feb 2009
5 Posts
Yes, I have a Nine Eagles Explorer as well as a Lama 4, Heli Max ax, a Big Lama and Blade cxm. The Nine Eagles is very stable and seems to be a little more powerful than the Lama and my others. I have ordered parts online and they are avalialbe. I don't know why this heli hasen't gotten more attention as it performs very well for a co-axail.
scaldarera is offline Find More Posts by scaldarera
Old Apr 04, 2009, 08:47 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frieslander
Found this site, some nice helis there. Does anyone on this group have one of these?

http://www.nineeagle.com/shop/index....bdaef06340f9ab
I just bought the 500SX at Toledo today, flew great right out of the box indoors and outdoors.

I picked up 2 solo's as well. They both flew perfect too.

Great show pricing.

dd
dheinl is offline Find More Posts by dheinl
Old Apr 05, 2009, 04:31 PM
Warren, Michigan
Joined Jul 2007
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheinl
I just bought the 500SX at Toledo today, flew great right out of the box indoors and outdoors.

I picked up 2 solo's as well. They both flew perfect too.

Great show pricing.

dd
What is the name of the 500SX? I bought a Free Spirit there but don't recall seeing a 500SX. Would you sell one of the Solo's?

Richard
rckowal is offline Find More Posts by rckowal
Old Apr 07, 2009, 02:43 PM
Joined Dec 2008
25 Posts
Free Spirit Parts?

I picked up a free spirit at the Toledo show.

I am new at helis, so needless to say I am in the need of some spare parts.

I was really getting the hang of it too right before it broke .

Does anyone know of a place in the US that sells parts?

Charlie from BSI says he can't get the parts...
RC-Wings is offline Find More Posts by RC-Wings
Old Apr 08, 2009, 08:46 PM
Warren, Michigan
Joined Jul 2007
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Wings

Charlie told me that many parts of the N.E. Kestrel will also work in the Free Spirit. He suggested trying these shops. Franks Hobby House 602-992-3495. RC Hobby Helicopter web site.
rckowal is offline Find More Posts by rckowal
Old Apr 09, 2009, 08:13 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
1,963 Posts
I had a NE Kestrel 500 SX. It was a nice helicopter. It was an easy transition from the Lama V3 too. I sold it for an HBFP.

It was difficult to find parts for the Kestrel, though. I searched and searched the internet and I was always led back to www.rchobbyhelicopter.com.

Nice guy and good prices, and basically your only choice for parts. You just have to hope he's got what you need. If not, you're looking at 2-3 weeks for parts.

Good luck and enjoy!
JHawk19 is offline Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old May 28, 2009, 03:19 PM
Joined May 2009
1 Posts
I found the kestrel 500 at a local hobby shop. Loved the way it flies. They didn't have all the parts I needed though when I took it for its first crash HaHa. I found a website www.allerc.com They had all the parts I needed and seemed to be good prices as well. I've gone back to them a few times now.
brian52 is offline Find More Posts by brian52
Old May 28, 2009, 07:21 PM
Hovering is Over-rated
Big Spring Tx
Joined Jan 2008
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Wings

Like brian52 saidwww.allerc.com stocks parts for nine eagles helis. Thats where I got my free spirit and they have parts for it as well. BTW this place is located in Arizona.
Saradog is offline Find More Posts by Saradog
Old May 29, 2009, 10:44 PM
They call me Maj. Sink!
Paso Robles, Ca
Joined Nov 2008
746 Posts
Just picked up a Kestrel 500 today and fly it for the first time, actually the first time I've flown a heli ever! 2 batteries and no crash, thank you simulator. However, I do have a problem. It vibrates terribly. Got it trimmed out on the first battery and took the canopy off to inspect and not much that I can see as a problem. The receiver is off center though, this seems odd to me. It sits crooked and off to one side. Could this be part of my problem? Put the 2nd batt. in and no viration(common sense batt., not stock)...... for a minute. Then the vibration came back and this time I hade to continually adjust the yaw until it was all the way right after a while and it still wouldn't hold. Any thoughts of suggestions? Not sure if it had been used previously, as the manual was missing. Also, are your batteries and motors hot after one flight? Mine were quite hot and that was with lots of landings and starting over, not continuous. Sorry for all the questions, just want to get it dialed in and start having some fun with it. Thanks.
stoked6.0 is offline Find More Posts by stoked6.0
Old May 30, 2009, 12:14 AM
Hovering is Over-rated
Big Spring Tx
Joined Jan 2008
382 Posts
The vibration could be from bad blade tracking. The reciever or 4-1 being off center is normal. As for the yaw problem, did you let the heli cool down between flights? If not the motors may have been too hot. The hotter the motors get the more they tend to run at different speeds causing yaw problems. You should let the heli rest at least 30 to 40 minutes between flights. Wait untill your battery cools down(again around 30 to 40 minutes) before recharging You said the battery and motors were hot after first flight. I have an eagle explorer and the battery will be warm and the motors will be hot to the touch after about ten minutes of continous flight.
Saradog is offline Find More Posts by Saradog
Old May 30, 2009, 12:44 AM
They call me Maj. Sink!
Paso Robles, Ca
Joined Nov 2008
746 Posts
Yes I did let it sit for a while, maybe 15 mins. between batts. Flew it again after I posted(about 40 min. between flights) and it started off good again. No vibration and yaw adjustment just right of center. About 1 min. into things, the vibration started to come on. It starts out light, but gains strength within about 30 sec. Also. the yaw starts to need adjusting until it's finally all the way right and that will no longer hold it steady and I have to compensate on continually on the controls. If it starts out fine, but starts to vibrate, would this still be a blade tracking issue? How do you adjust the blade tracking? I looked at the blades and they look to track fine, but maybe I need some tracking tape to be sure.
stoked6.0 is offline Find More Posts by stoked6.0
Old May 30, 2009, 08:08 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk19
I had a NE Kestrel 500 SX. It was a nice helicopter. It was an easy transition from the Lama V3 too. I sold it for an HBFP.

It was difficult to find parts for the Kestrel, though. I searched and searched the internet and I was always led back to www.rchobbyhelicopter.com.

Nice guy and good prices, and basically your only choice for parts. You just have to hope he's got what you need. If not, you're looking at 2-3 weeks for parts.

Good luck and enjoy!
The heli seems a little pricey, so, it had better perform well to justify the price. The important question is, how does it do outside in the weather? Most of us have to put up with wind or a stiff breeze and don't need yet another indoor heli. How stable are the electronics? I have an Esky Lama 4 72,Mhz that is VERY glitchy. Even in my garage, with no weather to contend with, it bobs and weaves all over the place. Why didn't you go for a Kestrel FP instead of the HBFP?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Last edited by kodak_jack; May 30, 2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 06:03 PM
Manila Ninoy Intl, Philippines
Joined Nov 2001
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Why didn't you go for a Kestrel FP instead of the HBFP?
The Kestrel SX is the single rotor version = Kestrel FP
deadduck is offline Find More Posts by deadduck