Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 06, 2008, 08:55 AM
Joined Sep 2008
146 Posts
bsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlee
There are currently 48 hobby shops selling the Nine Eagles helicopters in the US and Canada. This will grow to over 300 by mid-summer. They do and will all have the full line of replacement parts.
Hobby shops have been ordering the Nine Eagles products because the testing that they and their helicopter experts performed came up with the unanimous verdict that Nine Eagles makes the most powerful, stable and maneuverable stock helicopters in their class. I know this sounds like the typical sales pitch from a product rep, but we receive this same response every day as a result of the samples we send out to our dealer network. Our only negative response from dealers has been they feel they will not be selling as many replacement parts, since they have also found them to be more durable. This is also the response that the authors of reviews in the magazines have been giving. The reviews have been so positive that my brother Bob and I were afraid the public will think we have paid people under the table to write them. Honestly, all we did was send two helicopters, with no other information, to each of four magazines. They did all the rest.
When I first saw the Nine Eagles helicopters at the iHobby show last year, my first response (to the Night Eagle) was "Boy, is that ugly". It wasn't until I saw the Explorer that I felt they had possiblities. When we got back home and flew them, we knew they were winners. We have found that some people even like the body style of the Night Eagle, but we do have bodies made to our specifications that are in the works.

Charlee Smith
Bob Smith Industries
www.bsi-inc.com
Really from the respectful bsi, the glue guy?
ishady is offline Find More Posts by ishady
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2008, 06:47 PM
California
Joined Oct 2008
9 Posts
Transmitter compatibility

Hi,

Are Nine Eagles transmitters (e.g., the 2.4 GHz one) compatible with one of the standard transmitters (Futaba, Hitec, Spektrum, JR) in terms of connecting it with the buddy port, or just using a Futaba/Spektrum transmitter to control Nine Eagles helicopters (e.g., Explorere 2.4 GHz).

Thanks.
ash_heli is offline Find More Posts by ash_heli
Old Dec 09, 2008, 05:38 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11 Posts
nine eagles explorer

i bought the nine eagles explorer, fly's great but, parts are pretty expensive, and the landing gear 11.99, didn't hold up well for me. I cut off everything but the battery box and 4 in 1 tray, and wire tied a helipro landing skid to the battery box. works great. also i have about 20 upper blades brand new and no lowers at the moment. wish you could buy uppers and lowers separate. just trying to lend some insight into problems you may or may not have. by the way i just had the helipro 450 skid laying around.
schreydog is offline Find More Posts by schreydog
Old Dec 20, 2008, 07:05 AM
countryside Australia
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
I am after some info on when to go to the advanced flight adjustment. I tried it today and something went wrong.... the top bar hit the blades and the swash has parted/split...I will have to work on it tomorro . I have spares so i will fit a newn swash plate ....any advice from yo0ur experience...for the nine eagles Explorer. I may shift back from the advanced settings. I sure learning a lot .... and it dont owe me any money because I have had so much fun - learning to fly the swash plate may get too much stress whe its set on the inside balls. advise please .......cheers to all the heli pilots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Garry8255 is offline Find More Posts by Garry8255
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:44 AM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
hey there Garry , what I have found is that the fore/aft adjustment is the only one required for better performance. naturally moving both balls in will certainly increase all around cyclic, the aileron just isnt necessary unless you are doing a lot of outdoor flying.

As far as the blades hitting the flybar, this is the first i have ever heard of that happening and i fly on the advanced balls with full stick movements in rapid succession. I think you may need to adjust the linkages when you move to the inner balls and relevel the swashplate.
Cable Guy is offline Find More Posts by Cable Guy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 20, 2008, 08:09 PM
countryside Australia
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
Hi . I have 2 explorers ... one as a new [ at this stage !] spare so I can copy build after accidents . I feel very alone flying here on my property but I do get a lot of thrills.SPARE PARTS ARE SO IMPORTANT ! i NOW HAVE 3 BATTERIES - I guess I have become a better pilot since I can go through 2 beatteries , with luck , without incident. I am hooked . Flew micros [mosquito for a year ; always getting better. Then I visited the local Hobby shop.Game over . He recommended the Explorer . I can now fly around the roof of my house and to the limits of radio reception - thats scary ! I have a simulator and I dont know which heli to buy next.....if any. When I simulate a single axle heli I have no control... lots of IN - experience . Meantime I will be flying my NEW one tonight as my No 1 is needing a spare part after trying to fly on the advanced washplate balls... /pivots ...
Old Dec 20, 2008, 08:11 PM
countryside Australia
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
oooooooooh . sorry Cableguy I didnt see your response .... so someone else is out there ! Great to hear from you and thanks for the advice. How hooked are you ?
Old Dec 20, 2008, 09:05 PM
countryside Australia
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
I do prefer flying outdoors. I get some good stick time and the extra room is good for learning . The house is too small and the furniture is VERY HARD . I now have hot weather and so long as its not too windy I can fit a lot of flying in. Cableguy , any chance you can advise me on tuning or set up.? I just need some basic instruction on swashplate , especially if I am going to go to the inner balls.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 09:20 PM
countryside Australia
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
I find the 'worst' , most frustrating aspect of flying my Explorer is 'going forwrd' If it went forward as well as it goes straight back I would be happier ! Can someone please advise how to adjust [if possible] the for/aft ability? Am I expecting too much ? Its ability to go sideways is awesome and I am learning to combine this with a forward steer to gain ground forward .....This is my first 'real' heli and I continue to be amazed at its resilience ! I am starting to wish that you could order some parts in bulk ! I can fly outside yearround so long as its not blowing a gale.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 10:03 PM
countryside Australia
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
....mmm blades hit the flygar? I am only assuming that this was what happened. It was up about 5 8 metres and traversing rapidly to the right [ on the advanced setting, right! ....] and there was a noise, a clash... and half a rotor flew off. ! something hit ...it may have been uppers hitting lowers ? I dont know. All I do know is the drive train and some attachments need replacing[ again] Also the swashplate had parted in the bearing . I wonder if they could make them out of a stronger plastic...or alloy. This may then stress other parts downstream though. I need a 4 year aero degree to find the answers to my 'toy' problems ?
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:16 AM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
ok,, 1 thing at a time lol

put your aileron(right side of swash with heli facing you) on the outter ball.

THEN:

A. if you are comfortable with the innerball setting on the swash for foreward and reverse, cut the outter ball off (it is on the left side of the swash with the heli facing you)it is only in the way.

B. set all of your radio trims to center EXCEPT THROTTLE(all the way down)

C. the black plastic connector going to the servo is adjustable, so turn it respectavily and line it up with the ball until the swash is level, then snap it back on

Now, take it up and trim it out , you will find unbelievable foreward authority, if not, make sure your battery is all the way in and the CG(center of gravity) is equal.

CG testing - put the flybar at 90* and pick it up by it with your fingers.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 05:29 AM
countryside Australia
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
Thank you very much for your advice . I have spent at least ... 5 hours solid maybe 10 flight time on the Explorer ... so I think I am ready to start moving forward a little quicker.... Is it ok to cut just one outer ball off , and not the other ?. I am showing my ignorance here as to what effect each 'ball ' has ... But I can fly ! And I am getting good at repairs ! I also can revert to a new swashbar if all else fails I guess . What would be a good next heli? [ a mini titan I think I have a few more months play left on these ones... Looking at my new Explorer it looks like the swashplate should be set dead level with the machine [ i.e with the lower rotors parellel to ground -for and aft] Thanks again and all the best for the season ! My hay is in and I have acres to practice on !
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:30 AM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
the difference between the inner and outter balls is the ammount of throw/movement of the swash. the inner balls give more movement. yes, just snip that sucker off, it is only in the way. you can move the other link in as well and cut the other side off if you want, but personally i dont think it is necessary.

i havent flown a mini-titan, but have looked it over and read all good reviews on it. so, if you have the cash and a LHS that stocks parts, go for it.

one thing you might want to try is this, after you get your NEE all trimmed out, move all the trims off center as to make you constanly work the sticks to hover, this will better prep you for the single rotor world.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 05:16 PM
countryside Australia
Joined Nov 2008
16 Posts
some questions ... whats it like in Pittsburg? Where do you fly? [ I have sent a pm ] and how big a jump is it to a single rotor? and do you have a simulator? is it helpful? Merry Christmas - and thanks heaps ! I hope to do those adjustmants later today when I get some parts.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:44 PM
Suspended Account
Pittsburgh PA
Joined Dec 2004
2,365 Posts
Pittsburgh is a drinking town with a football problem. single rotor, which i learned on with a 30 nitro is nothing like a coax. its the same stick movements with basically a gun to ur helis head. no oops allowed. i played on a sim (possibly real flite) 7 years ago when i was new to helis. after you do the adjustments listed, let me know how it is. and,, when transversing back and foreward quickly does the heli tail wag a little bit?