HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2003, 07:34 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Connecting Qualcomms in Paraller - Can you do it with the circuit board on?

Somebody posted some step-by-step instructions for making a Parallel configured pack using (2) 2-cell Qualcomm Lion Packs but he removed the Protection Circuit Board. Is it possible to make up these Parallel packs & still keep the circuit board on?

-Thanks-

Mike
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2003, 08:16 PM
Senior Moment Member
Virginia Beach, Va.
Joined Jan 2002
1,233 Posts
mrebman,

We seem to be following the same trail today.

That was probably me. Here's the link.

Parallel QC 830 pack

I always used the protection circuit between the charger and pack. I still used it with the parallel packs. They plugged in just the same. It's critical on voltage but the QC circuits give you a little more leeway on amperage.

But if it doesn't work at first try another protection circuit. Some are better than others. I have one that won't work with the parallel packs, but I have a bunch that do.

Jimmy

Oops, guess I didn't answer your question. You can leave the circuit on the packs, but you'll have to use a different cell configuration that what I show in the link. I would hook it up with some test leads first to make sure the PC works before it was soldered up.
Capt. Electron is offline Find More Posts by Capt. Electron
Last edited by Capt. Electron; Jan 04, 2003 at 08:26 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2003, 08:28 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Jimmy:
Do you fly with the Protection circuit on the Pack? I guess my question is that do you leave the Prot circuit permanently on the Packs or do you just have (1) Protection circuit "Somewhere" loose between the Pack & the charger. Here's where I am lost, do you use just (1) Prot Circuit board for the whole parallel pack or leave both Boards on both packs?

-Thanks-

Mike
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman