HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2008, 11:15 PM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Aug 2003
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21xct45
Good stuff LOBO.............That plane is faster than I thought it would be......Guess I'll find out eh........Great video.....more more.....Thanks again! You know, just with my SS and PT-17 etc and them being brushless(and the money have spent on them) It's hard to beleive you can pick up this plane for around $125.00.....Geeze....I bet I have $150 with a T.P bat and servo's into my Slo-Stick.......Hey, but its fun, fast and will snap a wing easily .......Thanks for your effort in making this thread worth watching......."wheres my plane ?".........
Exactly! 4 servos, a brushless motor (quite powerful), a brushless ESC, a 1100 mAh 3s battery, and a plane, with steerable nose gear, almost completely put together?!? I don't sell these, but, I would, 'cause that is a very resonable deal! At least, some brushless motors/esc's are starting to show at reasonable prices. But, for now, I really like this plane.

Let us know when you get it, and how it goes.

Yeah, my SlowStick is brushless also....goes unlimited vertical. I made it so powerful to carry a camera for stills and vids. It's pretty neat to be able to do that as well.

Lobo

PS - Also, I see the Cessna stock has gone down considerably lately, so others must be reading this and buying them??? Speak up folks, let us know what you think of it when you get it.
Lobo is offline Find More Posts by Lobo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2008, 10:03 PM
Southern Utah
Joined Mar 2008
377 Posts
Guess you were right.....Got my order in but now it's on backorder...I'm think'n it should be here around fri..............I hope the wind dies down here so I can get some flying time in (need to repair 2 from last weekend ). Little out of practice and this plane is kinda pretty and would hate to crash and burn her ................
21xct45 is offline Find More Posts by 21xct45
Old Apr 08, 2008, 11:27 AM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Aug 2003
456 Posts
Glad you got your order in before they sold out! They've had a good stock for a long time, so, I guess this, and another post on their site, has sold some of them. They should send me one free!!! Yeah, right.

Anyway, here's another vid my wife took yesterday of a little flying time. I took the wheel covers off...got tired of the scraping noise, and thought I might soon want to try to land in grass.....although, I think it will probably flip on touchdown! Need's larger tires for that. I could put some on the back, but the front would have to be revised, rebend the wire, in order to fit one.

Enjoy the vid, and enjoy your Cessna when you get it!!

SkyArTec Cessna 182 on a Nice Day! (2 min 27 sec)

Lobo
Old Apr 08, 2008, 08:42 PM
Southern Utah
Joined Mar 2008
377 Posts
Good one...I just don't have the modern brain to do that....I got the camera's and stuff I think but not the knowledge to let you see it..........I still say that thing is kinda fast..........Check your "private mess" I have some Ideas..................
Old Apr 09, 2008, 11:13 AM
Southern Utah
Joined Mar 2008
377 Posts
Lobo........I'm not sure my PM is working...let me know....
Old Apr 09, 2008, 08:47 PM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Aug 2003
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21xct45
Lobo........I'm not sure my PM is working...let me know....
I got your PM....just replied.

Lobo
Old Apr 09, 2008, 10:59 PM
Southern Utah
Joined Mar 2008
377 Posts
O.k Lets try..........see what happens.....................
Old Apr 09, 2008, 11:14 PM
Southern Utah
Joined Mar 2008
377 Posts
Oh My! ...... computer stuff has really changed since I've been back into it....uploading and stuff.....anyway, those are the wheels I always used when flying from short grass or a dirt strip (with all my planes). I never used any stock wheels not even on the SS......Maybe there is something better for this stock cessna.......There is no asphalt where I fly from so maybe some people have more ideas on wheels to use.............YeeHa..I'mjustahick
Old Apr 10, 2008, 05:27 PM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Aug 2003
456 Posts
Yeah....those are great wheels. I use to use those on my slowstick and went to a little larger, wider foam wheels. The only problem on the Cessna is that front gear wire shape.

See, you did great getting a good picture posted!!

Lobo
Old Apr 12, 2008, 03:56 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
good review! and an interesting plane, we had a local guy selling them for 89.99 with 1100mah 3s lipo, but with a brushed motor, i had to buy one at that price, i just got it,,, first thing im going to do is replace the radio gear, as i heard it can be rather glitchy. and ill post a flight review when i get er off the ground.
Heliman420 is offline Find More Posts by Heliman420
Old Apr 12, 2008, 04:31 PM
Southern Utah
Joined Mar 2008
377 Posts
Yep...good look'n plane huh?, I got mine yesterday and putting it together now. The front nose wheel Sucks! so after trying to get it to work right and hook it up I just epoxied it straight forward. Most of my planes that were suposed to have a steerable nose wheel had issues or didn't last long so I'm not worried about it. Cause I'm visiting relatives for a month or so I don't have my DX6 with me just a couple GWS planes and GWS TX so as "Lobo said I just put in a GWS RX and use the cheapie GWS TX. Works fine but very touchy ........wish I had my Spectrum so I could calm it down.....hav'nt flown it yet so I guess we will see.......Let us know how it goes......
Old Apr 12, 2008, 04:51 PM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
im going to be using one of my extra berg7's i swear by these these thing, and they are the only reason i havent switched to 2.4ghz,
im also going to go BL but for now ill try it stock.

yep the front nose gear is a joke, im going to have to do something about that, but i will be keeping it as steerable gear. other than that its a great plane for the price, last time i dabbled in 4ch planes was over a decade ago, back then you could get 2 micro servos for the price of this whole plane!

overall its a real good looking model, althou its missing the wingstruts that are common to the 182, but thats a minor detail and can be added later,

if i like the way it flies, im going to put on nav lights and landing lights, similar to my minimum 210, so i can fly at night,(my favorite time to fly )

i would test it today, but im not aware of any park in my area thats big enough for this thing, im going to have to make a trip to my local flying club during the week, to do the maiden.
Heliman420 is offline Find More Posts by Heliman420
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:03 PM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Aug 2003
456 Posts
21xct45,

Yep...she is a little "touchy" without some calming down. I switched off the low rates once while up, and quickly decided that wasn't much fun. Just too twitchy, like an aerobatic plane. That ain't what I wanted this plane for. So, I always fly on the "calmed down" rates.

heliman420,

On the front nose gear, I just ended up using JBWeld to hook it all together, and then hooked in the servo wire. Mine has ended up a little off from center, just makes me have to steer more when taking off and landing.

I've thought about taking the nav llights off my slowstick and putting them on here, but not so sure I could keep up with this one after total darkness. It would look cool in the twilight anyway. The slowstick is such a pleasure to fly right into deep darkness with the nav and landing lights. Really looks real!!

I also have a set of GWS floats that I think, in time, I will put on this bird. Now that would look cool. I just have to keep working with this "flaps" thing to get them set right to slow her down enough to not worry about too fast a water landing, and flipping over. Plus, I would like to somehow check out the flight characteristics with the floats added without having to come in on the water, but I fear it will flip for sure trying to slide floats in on grass. I may just have to use water and be close to the shore!! Well, that's somewhere in the future yet.

Lobo
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:29 PM
Southern Utah
Joined Mar 2008
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo
21xct45,

Yep...she is a little "touchy" without some calming down. I switched off the low rates once while up, and quickly decided that wasn't much fun. Just too twitchy, like an aerobatic plane. That ain't what I wanted this plane for. So, I always fly on the "calmed down" rates.

heliman420,

On the front nose gear, I just ended up using JBWeld to hook it all together, and then hooked in the servo wire. Mine has ended up a little off from center, just makes me have to steer more when taking off and landing.

I've thought about taking the nav llights off my slowstick and putting them on here, but not so sure I could keep up with this one after total darkness. It would look cool in the twilight anyway. The slowstick is such a pleasure to fly right into deep darkness with the nav and landing lights. Really looks real!!

I also have a set of GWS floats that I think, in time, I will put on this bird. Now that would look cool. I just have to keep working with this "flaps" thing to get them set right to slow her down enough to not worry about too fast a water landing, and flipping over. Plus, I would like to somehow check out the flight characteristics with the floats added without having to come in on the water, but I fear it will flip for sure trying to slide floats in on grass. I may just have to use water and be close to the shore!! Well, that's somewhere in the future yet.

Lobo
Hey Glad you're back...was kinda wondering but didn't wanna bug ya..............Not sure if I'm just lazy or have just had bad expeiriences with steerable front wheels on other models....What happened was I was putting it together and the plastic piece from front wheel broke the little tit off (piece that hooks to servo)and I said "Hell with it"..I know I can buy these little connectors so I may in the future. None of my planes are steerable so I really am not missig much I don't know about I guess and just try to land as close to me as possible which is good practice anyway. I am now putting on the "Dubro" wheels (1.86") and see what happens. Like I said I hav'nt flown in a while so I'm taking my time...................
Old Apr 13, 2008, 04:42 PM
Southern Utah
Joined Mar 2008
377 Posts
Sorry If I double post....Today I put wheels on the Cessna......These are 1.86" .....I may want to try the 2 1/2" for my dirt roads.....let me know