United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Jun 2001
2,215 Posts
Discussion
T-REX 500 Flybarless TREX 500 Video with ProBar Prototype

Hello All

Flybarless T-REX 500 2-2 (1 min 26 sec)

T-REX 500 Flybarless D2 (3 min 59 sec)

We did some testing today and it was very windy(about a constant 20mph wind from left to right). Were still tuning this setup but its working pretty well considering this is the second flight on this machine. Chris did a fantastic job flying this small heli in the wind.

Setup:

Align motor and esc
JR3421MG on cyclc
Solid G on tail with 9257
Align 2.5Ah 6s pack(very good)
Align yellow tip carbons(the white ones felt better actually)

Enjoy
C
Eco8gator is offline Find More Posts by Eco8gator
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2008, 07:39 PM
Ohh Snapp!
Joined Sep 2005
1,822 Posts
Any very rough time frame when ProBar will be ready? Or is it still an ongoing process?
CatchmyCorsair is offline Find More Posts by CatchmyCorsair
Old Mar 03, 2008, 07:53 PM
Joined Jun 2001
2,215 Posts
I dont want this vid to be an advertising thread for Chris and I. All I want to show is what flybarless can do for the TREX 500 or any heli for that matter(more umph using less power).

You can see with just the stock electronics its extreamly powerful...you probably wont see too many stock REX's doing sustained big bens or piro tick tocks like we have demonstrated in these vids.

The ProBar is still indevelopment. Technically we could just do a run of them now but we want them to be as absolutly perfect as possible so Chris and I keep chugging along.

Carlo
Old Mar 03, 2008, 08:16 PM
Convert!
Los Angeles, CA (UCLA)
Joined Nov 2002
3,889 Posts
I hope the Probar doesn't turn into one of those products that is always, 'almost ready to be released'. It looks great, and the longer you wait, the more competition you have.
rroback is offline Find More Posts by rroback
Old Mar 03, 2008, 08:28 PM
Ohh Snapp!
Joined Sep 2005
1,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco8gator
I dont want this vid to be an advertising thread for Chris and I. All I want to show is what flybarless can do for the TREX 500 or any heli for that matter(more umph using less power).

You can see with just the stock electronics its extreamly powerful...you probably wont see too many stock REX's doing sustained big bens or piro tick tocks like we have demonstrated in these vids.

The ProBar is still indevelopment. Technically we could just do a run of them now but we want them to be as absolutly perfect as possible so Chris and I keep chugging along.

Carlo
I don't think it's advertising...it's just like talking about Vbar. No one cares about the Trex 500. jk

We need a Vbar alternative - $700 is too much.
Great flying, as always.
CatchmyCorsair is offline Find More Posts by CatchmyCorsair
Old Mar 03, 2008, 08:32 PM
Joined Jun 2001
2,215 Posts
If someone wants to bring something to market then thats great but when we our is eventually released anyone who uses it will get a very well tested product for a good price, clear instructions and great support on many different helicopter.

Keep in mind that the top of the line system took years to develop and now its the king of the block. I think we have done pretty well for our selves considering its only been about 6 months.

C
Keep in mind I dont ever plan on making the mistake of taking preorders
Old Mar 04, 2008, 05:46 AM
Alexandria, VA
Joined Mar 2006
983 Posts
Hey Man, that looks great! Keep up the good work on that flybarless system of yours!
Bunyan is offline Find More Posts by Bunyan
Old Aug 10, 2008, 06:29 AM
Netherlands
Joined Jan 2007
199 Posts
I would like to put one on my Protos in the future, i like the smooth transitions i see in the video, especially with the wind speeds ...
Sometimes v-flybars look a bit stiff and to much locked-in, the pilot and settings also make a difference of course, but there's more Imho.
Is it already tested on the Protos, and will you provide detailed info on how it was setup once it gets released?

Success,
Eric
Eric_W is offline Find More Posts by Eric_W