HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2008, 10:57 AM
Joined Mar 2008
18 Posts
Discussion
Pitts style muffler for early OS max .60

Lookin' for muffler for this engine. I bought it from another person when he got out of hobby many years ago, has very few flights on it, it didn't come with a muffler, instead they had a flapper or baffle gadjet that was linked to the carburetor control arm that closed down on exhaust port when throttle was decreased. Ayone familiar with that engine? I would like to put it in my Goldberg anniversary Cub and want an in cowl muffler arrangement, any comments appreciated. Mosefus
mosefus is offline Find More Posts by mosefus
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2008, 04:14 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
725 Posts
The baffle kept the plug hot at idle. You can remove all the linkage and use an OS 704 strap on muffler. It fit most of the old non schnuerle ported 60's and 80's. Of course finding that muffler is going to be a real trick. I just sold one to another member. I'm awaiting payment right now. I have a couple more that I could be persueded to part with.

There are after market Pitts mufflers that will fit it also.
usna71 is offline Find More Posts by usna71