HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
 
Thread Tools
Old Jan 03, 2003, 10:32 AM
Jamie Garofalo
Guest
n/a Posts
How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

I would think they would be a hot selling item.

Opinions?
Old Jan 03, 2003, 12:52 PM
Dirtnap
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

Kyosho makes one, Ready to run, slow and very entry-level.
If that's what you want, great, for the rest of us...
Here's a link.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1P?&I=TL5343**
Good luck




"Jamie Garofalo" <jamie@xpedite.com> wrote in message
news:76a9728.0301030818.3aa2d149@posting.google.co m...
> I would think they would be a hot selling item.
>
> Opinions?



Old Jan 03, 2003, 01:02 PM
Dirtnap
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

Sorry, try this one... Damn Tower...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXAFE6**&P=7


"Dirtnap" <dirtnap2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:WPkR9.73218$Zt4.905997@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...
> Kyosho makes one, Ready to run, slow and very entry-level.
> If that's what you want, great, for the rest of us...
> Here's a link.
>
> http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1P?&I=TL5343**
> Good luck
>
>
>
>
> "Jamie Garofalo" <jamie@xpedite.com> wrote in message
> news:76a9728.0301030818.3aa2d149@posting.google.co m...
> > I would think they would be a hot selling item.
> >
> > Opinions?

>
>



Old Jan 03, 2003, 02:22 PM
Keybaud
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

The Schumacher XT-R 3E is. (If you call 70 MPH and 0-40 MPH in about
1.5 seconds "hot").

:-)

Simon

On 3 Jan 2003 08:18:17 -0800, jamie@xpedite.com (Jamie Garofalo)
wrote:

>I would think they would be a hot selling item.
>
>Opinions?


Old Jan 03, 2003, 07:22 PM
Paradox
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

Its not really a buggy though, its more of a stadium truck, when I Think of
buggy I think of the ones with the thinner front tires that have a 45 degree
angle to them so when you turn they dig in better.


"Keybaud" <keybaud-remove-me@hotmail-remove-me.com-remove-me> wrote in
message news:4hrb1vspnkrfpja4g7j19eloigoond6i95@4ax.com...
> The Schumacher XT-R 3E is. (If you call 70 MPH and 0-40 MPH in about
> 1.5 seconds "hot").
>
> :-)
>
> Simon
>
> On 3 Jan 2003 08:18:17 -0800, jamie@xpedite.com (Jamie Garofalo)
> wrote:
>
> >I would think they would be a hot selling item.
> >
> >Opinions?

>



Old Jan 03, 2003, 09:32 PM
mykrowyre
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

> I would think they would be a hot selling item.
>
> Opinions?


There are a few out there. Personally, if they were more popular, I'd
race them. I like buggies and dont care for the huge front tires or
the look of trucks. I also like nitro...but i cant stand monster
trucks, and the race trucks just dont look cool as far as I'm
concerned. Nitro buggy is what I want, but there just arent any nitro
buggy racers at my track

-tom
Old Jan 06, 2003, 09:22 AM
Jamie Garofalo
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

mykrowyre@yahoo.com (mykrowyre) wrote in message news:<441f7aa4.0301031920.17ab247b@posting.google. com>...
> > I would think they would be a hot selling item.
> >
> > Opinions?

>
> There are a few out there. Personally, if they were more popular, I'd
> race them. I like buggies and dont care for the huge front tires or
> the look of trucks. I also like nitro...but i cant stand monster
> trucks, and the race trucks just dont look cool as far as I'm
> concerned. Nitro buggy is what I want, but there just arent any nitro
> buggy racers at my track
>
> -tom



No body races them because no one makes them. Or at least any that are
worth racing. I'm a losi/Asc man myself and those seem to always be
the top contenders. This was the reason for my post to begin with. I
think it's an awesome idea.
Old Jan 08, 2003, 03:32 PM
Paul Smart
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

Carson do a 2WD Nitro Buggy.

"Keybaud" <keybaud-remove-me@hotmail-remove-me.com-remove-me> wrote in
message news:4hrb1vspnkrfpja4g7j19eloigoond6i95@4ax.com...
> The Schumacher XT-R 3E is. (If you call 70 MPH and 0-40 MPH in about
> 1.5 seconds "hot").
>
> :-)
>
> Simon
>
> On 3 Jan 2003 08:18:17 -0800, jamie@xpedite.com (Jamie Garofalo)
> wrote:
>
> >I would think they would be a hot selling item.
> >
> >Opinions?

>



Old Jan 12, 2003, 10:02 PM
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

Personally, I think it's very hard to make a 2wd onroad RC 1/10 due to the
power to weight ratio. The engine is so powerful that it will spin the car
around at every turn. They make 4WD to get as much traction as possible.
The offroad RC's are heavier and would normally be fine with 2WD.


"Keybaud" <keybaud-remove-me@hotmail-remove-me.com-remove-me> wrote in
message news:4hrb1vspnkrfpja4g7j19eloigoond6i95@4ax.com...
> The Schumacher XT-R 3E is. (If you call 70 MPH and 0-40 MPH in about
> 1.5 seconds "hot").
>
> :-)
>
> Simon
>
> On 3 Jan 2003 08:18:17 -0800, jamie@xpedite.com (Jamie Garofalo)
> wrote:
>
> >I would think they would be a hot selling item.
> >
> >Opinions?

>



Old Jan 15, 2003, 06:02 PM
Kerry Garrison
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

Depends on what you think the difference is between a 1/10 Truck and 1/10
Scale buggy. There are plenty of 1/10 2wd Trucks.

--
Kerry Garrison
WildHobbies.com - The #1 On-Line Hobby Magazine
http://www.wildhobbies.com
<tom@abc.com> wrote in message news:OEqU9.54564$3v.10544@sccrnsc01...
> Personally, I think it's very hard to make a 2wd onroad RC 1/10 due to the
> power to weight ratio. The engine is so powerful that it will spin the

car
> around at every turn. They make 4WD to get as much traction as possible.
> The offroad RC's are heavier and would normally be fine with 2WD.
>
>
> "Keybaud" <keybaud-remove-me@hotmail-remove-me.com-remove-me> wrote in
> message news:4hrb1vspnkrfpja4g7j19eloigoond6i95@4ax.com...
> > The Schumacher XT-R 3E is. (If you call 70 MPH and 0-40 MPH in about
> > 1.5 seconds "hot").
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > On 3 Jan 2003 08:18:17 -0800, jamie@xpedite.com (Jamie Garofalo)
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I would think they would be a hot selling item.
> > >
> > >Opinions?

> >

>
>



Old Jan 16, 2003, 03:42 AM
Bubba
Guest
n/a Posts
Re: How come no one makes a 2wd 1/10 Nitro buggy?

<tom@abc.com> wrote in message news:OEqU9.54564$3v.10544@sccrnsc01...
>
> Personally, I think it's very hard to make a 2wd onroad RC 1/10 due to the
> power to weight ratio. The engine is so powerful that it will spin the
>car
> around at every turn. They make 4WD to get as much traction as possible.


Noticed this discussion a bit late, but I can tell you from recent
experience (as in 15 minutes ago) that 2wd on-road cars take a ton of
tuning to handle right, but it's worth it for the speed I really
like my RC10LSS and it's rear wheel drive (massive, endless donuts,
anyone?), but I really wish I had more suspension travel. I get high
centered on a dime.

 


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion How come no one is involved in indoor duration models lately? hklam Free Flight 78 Mar 26, 2008 07:18 PM
Discussion How come no one makes a one way gear for the Blade CP? JStory Micro Helis 18 May 06, 2006 12:46 PM
Discussion How come no one has purchased/built the X-flight X-35? sd2602 Foamy EDFs 5 May 01, 2006 01:19 PM
wtb:1/8 or 1/10 nitro buggy 2 or 4wd billyp Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 3 Dec 22, 2004 02:17 PM
How come no one uses b50-18s in logo and where do you find a 13l? Terkan Electric Heli Talk 9 Feb 19, 2003 11:47 AM