HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by KeithP, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:27 PM
Joined Feb 2008
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Wanted
2metre sailplane with everything

I have just been infected with the rc thermal sailplane bug. Looking for a used 2metre plane with all gear.
KeithP is offline Find More Posts by KeithP
Last edited by KeithP; Feb 25, 2008 at 12:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:07 AM
TROUT OR THERMALS
Eureka, Ca
Joined Sep 2002
2,771 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Keith- change your email from being an actual email on internet based forums- The spam bots patrol these things.

Plus- RCgroups has Private messaging.

Dean
steelhead is offline Find More Posts by steelhead
Old Feb 25, 2008, 05:47 AM
slopaholic
United States, AZ, Oracle
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
hmm, not sure if you're starting out or an old pro to fly'n?, but this easy glider might work for you, I sure do like mine. Mine's a bit heavier and is an electric and still thermals quite well, so I'd think the glider version would be a good thermaller. Made out of elapor foam, and very durable.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820432

just an idea
dan
jnjloo is offline Find More Posts by jnjloo
Old Feb 25, 2008, 07:19 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
1,037 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
2 meter all molded TD plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithP
I have just been infected with the rc thermal sailplane bug. Looking for a used 2metre plane with all gear.
I have a NES Gabby in near perfect condition I was thinking of listing on RC Groups. Very light and was built by Dave Hauch @ www.rc-builds.com

It has HS65 MG ailerons/Falps
HS65HB for the removable V-Tails
Custom wire harness for the Two piece wings
Carbon push-rods and ball links for the V-tails
Switch w/ charge jack
2500 MaH 4 cell flight pack
AUW 32 oz

Check your PM for my number and call me after 8 AM PST if interested.

Phil
Phil Davy is offline Find More Posts by Phil Davy
Old Feb 25, 2008, 07:51 AM
wishes this caption was longe
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
Trader Rating: 191
I'd get the Easy Glider and the Gabby! One to start with and one to move up to later.

Will-former Gabby owner (they are nice!)
will_newton is offline Find More Posts by will_newton
Old Feb 25, 2008, 05:01 PM
WINDEPENDENT
United States, CA, Beaumont
Joined Dec 2007
3,235 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
I have a bulid up Dynaflite Bobcat. 3 channel..3 servos,2 airtronics,1 hitec..sub c battery pack..switch harness/charge...add your reciver and fly!..it flys great from the park on a highstart..or from the slope on a light wind day..if interested PM me for arrangemnets..id rather not ship it..it has a T-tail

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithP
slopepilot is online now Find More Posts by slopepilot
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:24 PM
Joined Feb 2008
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjloo
hmm, not sure if you're starting out or an old pro to fly'n?, but this easy glider might work for you, I sure do like mine. Mine's a bit heavier and is an electric and still thermals quite well, so I'd think the glider version would be a good thermaller. Made out of elapor foam, and very durable.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820432

just an idea
dan
I have never flown before. Into r/c sailing, great fun. A couple of our sailors are also into flying sailplanes.I went along to help a friend with his new Easy Glider and became hooked. Thanks Dan for your input
Keith
KeithP is offline Find More Posts by KeithP
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:35 PM
slopaholic
United States, AZ, Oracle
Joined Feb 2007
603 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
I'd really recommend an easy glider then, they can take a hit, are easy to fly, and alot of fun. And not much comparitively in cash if you crash. Use the internals and stick into a new kit and go.

If you've never flown before, I really recommend a simulator too. I love my realflight G3.5. We had a guy who'd been out of fly'n for 25 years, practiced daily on his sim, when solo'd after one flight on a buddy cord (it's the flyin back towards yourself that gives everyone fits). It makes a big difference, and you can pick them up for about 100.00 shipped. That's the cost of one bad crash.

just my 0.02

dan
jnjloo is offline Find More Posts by jnjloo
Old Feb 26, 2008, 08:17 PM
Joined Jun 2005
114 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Nah.. The Easy Glider is better if you are experienced; And definitely is not as relaxing to fly as those simple 2M offered by Tower Hobbies. The Spirit and a whole host of other 'beginner' planes work real well. The only thing the EG has going for a beginner is the foam. But, Learn to fly first! Then you can let your desires pick on a plane of interest. Try the HobbyZone SuperCub RTF. It comes with EVERYTHING and is foam too. If you haven't yet learned and smuck it up, you can either repair or replace with available host of parts.
DACeller is offline Find More Posts by DACeller
Old Feb 29, 2008, 06:23 PM
Joined Jan 2008
28 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Keith

I have a 72" spirt ready to go. Rubber band on wing so it can take a few hits. Futaba radio. might need receiver batt. $100 plus the shipping.

Bill
wsa34 is offline Find More Posts by wsa34
Last edited by wsa34; Mar 01, 2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 06:54 PM
Joined Jun 2005
114 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Take wsa34 deal! The 78 inch Spirit is unsurpassed in beginner gliders, I still fly them.
They don't sell new Spirits no more, so this is the only way to get one now, plus Radio!
You'll get even more hooked when you learn about thermals; it's better than EG. I have both!!

But, it is a crunchie and if you make a mistake while learning, and you will, it'll be gone.
(Spare parts are still sold by TowerHobbies if you can't repair)
Or you might just get a chance at learning the re-build art like a lot of us and get it back into the air. The EG is probably better for crashes, but not good for learning.

Good luck!
DACeller is offline Find More Posts by DACeller
Old Mar 01, 2008, 04:58 PM
Joined Jan 2008
28 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DACeller
Take wsa34 deal! The 78 inch Spirit is unsurpassed in beginner gliders, I still fly them.
They don't sell new Spirits no more, so this is the only way to get one now, plus Radio!
You'll get even more hooked when you learn about thermals; it's better than EG. I have both!!

But, it is a crunchie and if you make a mistake while learning, and you will, it'll be gone.
(Spare parts are still sold by TowerHobbies if you can't repair)
Or you might just get a chance at learning the re-build art like a lot of us and get it back into the air. The EG is probably better for crashes, but not good for learning.

Good luck!
DA
Your right on. Some of the best days of my life were catching lift at 50 feet and speck it out.. Nothing like it in the world.
This model can always be repaired with balsa and glue and a little monokote.
Floats like a champ and will still go forward in a little wind.
Bill
wsa34 is offline Find More Posts by wsa34
Closed Thread