HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Allan Wright, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 07:56 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,188 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
For Sale
For Sale - Bob Selman Mini Stik - Ready to Fly

Bob Selman mini stik ready to fly. Includes JMP combination receiver with BSD-installed nano connectiors, motor, actuators, two (2) 250 mAh LiPoly cells. This plane has been flown but is in near-new condition with two minor exceptions: 1) the wing's center section has clear tape on the top side as a reinforcement and 2) either the motor or batteries are a little bit low on power so it's a fairly sedate flyer now.

#1 is a very minor cosmetic change and looks pretty unobtrusive. #2 can be solved with either a new $7 battery or a $2 motor (or get both to be sure). I'm flying smaller planes now and don't fly this one much, although I flew it today to be sure it was still in fully working condition. It flys fine, but doesn't have a ton of power (can't loop any more).

The receiver is on channel 36, but takes normal U1 single-conversion crystals available at www.bsdmicrorc.com or at any GWS retailer.

This is the actual plane shown in my review here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210194 but before anyone cries foul, I paid for this myself, it was not a 'freebie' supplied through the E-zone. If you can''t view the movies in the review, save them to your disk and play them with realplayer (free download). The codec they're made with USED to be included with windows media player, but Bill Gates removed it in his infinite wistom.

Attached are photos of the wing repair, although the tape doesn't really show up in the photos very well.

The receiver alone sells for $90. The ARF is no longer sold by Bob Selman, but considering it includes two (2) actuators, motor and propellor plus the airframe, should be valued at about $70 for a total of $160.

Asking $100. Priority mail shipping to the USA: $9.00. International shipping at actual cost.
Allan Wright is offline Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Last edited by Allan Wright; Feb 02, 2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Still for sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2008, 08:34 AM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,188 Posts
I flew this recently with a new battery and it looped fine, so it was the battery and not the motor that was weak. One new and one old battery included.
Last edited by Allan Wright; Feb 02, 2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2009, 02:35 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,188 Posts
New indoor season, I un-boxed my indoor stuff and found I still have this. Still willing to sell it.
Closed Thread