HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:04 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Eagle View Post
So are you saying the SBACH is faster or do you just like it because it has wheels?
I like it because it will knife edge, roll axially and land and take off... things the Stryker can't do.

I fly in a small area so I can't use max speed on any of my planes for more than a few seconds. If I flew in a larger area, I wouldn't be flying micros, so a "fast micro" is kind of useless to me.

By performance I'm referring to aerobatic performance... looping rolling, spins, hovering....
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:34 AM
Bozos Live Here
Joined Dec 2012
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
I like it because it will knife edge, roll axially and land and take off... things the Stryker can't do.

I fly in a small area so I can't use max speed on any of my planes for more than a few seconds. If I flew in a larger area, I wouldn't be flying micros, so a "fast micro" is kind of useless to me.

By performance I'm referring to aerobatic performance... looping rolling, spins, hovering....
Sounds like an awesome plane and unless they come out with something faster I might get one.
I'll just hope they come out with something at least as aerobatic as the stryker but with more speed. Its ability to land virtually straight down is a big bonus here in the city, in these small parks. I've heard it can knife-edge now with the twin rudders but have not tried it, just quoting posts from the stryker thread.
Sun Eagle is offline Find More Posts by Sun Eagle
Last edited by Sun Eagle; Feb 06, 2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:45 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,267 Posts
I just got my Stryker and I love it! You can't beat a high performance plane for $54.16. Now if the Sbach is just as fun, if not more fun, then I am going to have to consider getting one of those after I get my Albatross parkflyer.
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
Last edited by GBLynden; Feb 11, 2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
I have a question and don't know where to ask it so I am hoping this thread gets enough views that someone who knows will see it. What is a good, CHEAP, first 4 channel plane? I fly helicopters mostly and the answer to this in the helicopter world is the v911. It is 20 bucks from several chinese sites. Is there an equivalent in the plane world. I got a champ and I like it but with my helicopter experience I am already feeling limited by it's 3 channels. I have looked at the horizon hobby offerings and like several but it dawned on me that there might be a way cheaper option that I am overlooking because I don't know a lot about planes. Any help would be appreciated.

ps I have a dx6i if that helps but it will probably only lead to more horizon offerings.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:16 AM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
912 Posts
HH Ultra micros.

Good luck,

Free
Free is online now Find More Posts by Free
Old Feb 21, 2013, 05:26 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
I have a question and don't know where to ask it so I am hoping this thread gets enough views that someone who knows will see it. What is a good, CHEAP, first 4 channel plane? I fly helicopters mostly and the answer to this in the helicopter world is the v911. It is 20 bucks from several chinese sites. Is there an equivalent in the plane world. ...
Cheap 4 channel plane to me probably involves a scratch-built foamie larger than v911/ultra-micro size: Buy the motor, esc, Rx and servos at HobbyKing or other Far East sites and buy and cut some foam into a plane body according to some plan.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Feb 21, 2013, 01:59 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
I have a question and don't know where to ask it so I am hoping this thread gets enough views that someone who knows will see it. What is a good, CHEAP, first 4 channel plane? I fly helicopters mostly and the answer to this in the helicopter world is the v911. It is 20 bucks from several chinese sites. Is there an equivalent in the plane world. I got a champ and I like it but with my helicopter experience I am already feeling limited by it's 3 channels. I have looked at the horizon hobby offerings and like several but it dawned on me that there might be a way cheaper option that I am overlooking because I don't know a lot about planes. Any help would be appreciated.

ps I have a dx6i if that helps but it will probably only lead to more horizon offerings.
If you want cheap HH is selling Gee Bee's and Strykers for $65. Neither is what I would call a first 4 channel plane however. The Stryker probably wouldn't even be considered a good second 4 channel plane. For a good first 4 channel plane you will probably want one of the 1s planes from Parkzone. The typical recommendation is the T-28 though I think any of them would do the job, but those will generally run you $89-99.

Going away from HH products you could get some cheap Chinese RTF in the $50-60 range. Only fixing it would be difficult as you can't really get spare parts and you would be stuck using the toy tx instead of the better one you already own. You could get around that by buying a spectrum compatible rx, but at that point you really start defeating the purpose of going that route.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:56 PM
Whatever goes up must go BOOM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,275 Posts
Hey guys, sorry if these planes are a bit too big for this thread/forum, well, at least one of them. I want a hands-down hardcore 3D plane. Right now, I am looking at the E-Flite Edge 540QQ 280 and the Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak 32", as both fit my budget (12 yrs old, not alot of money to spend ). Anyways, which one is the more "hardcore" 3Der? Suggestions of other planes that might perform 3D better are also welcome. Thanks.

-joker
joker24458 is online now Find More Posts by joker24458
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:09 PM
United States, FL, Eustis
Joined Oct 2012
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458 View Post
Hey guys, sorry if these planes are a bit too big for this thread/forum, well, at least one of them. I want a hands-down hardcore 3D plane. Right now, I am looking at the E-Flite Edge 540QQ 280 and the Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak 32", as both fit my budget (12 yrs old, not alot of money to spend ). Anyways, which one is the more "hardcore" 3Der? Suggestions of other planes that might perform 3D better are also welcome. Thanks.

-joker
Not sure on the plane, but I would approach it from this perspective. As a 12 year old you don't have a great deal of money. So make sure that whatever plane you buy you leave enough money to buy spare parts when needed. You don't want to be grounded for long stretches while you save enough to get yourself back in the air. Nobody plans on crashing or having to fix something, but with this hobby it seems to be the nature of the beast.
AustinG is offline Find More Posts by AustinG
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:14 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker24458 View Post

-joker
I would go with the Yak, it looks more durable, and more capable than the Edge.(and easier to repair)

Free
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:12 PM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,275 Posts
AustinG, ok.....sounds good, so like Free says, I will go with the Crack Yak. Thanks guys.

-joker
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:48 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
912 Posts
Are you going to be flying indoors or out? Are you getting the CrackYak Lite or normal?

Free
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:38 PM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,275 Posts
Normal, I fly outdoors more. My club only allows planes under 2 oz at the indoor sessions anyways. Thanks for the help guys, I really appreaciate it.

-joker
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:48 PM
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
912 Posts
Sounds good! Have you already found the RCG thread on it?

Free
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:43 PM
United States, OH, Kent
Joined Mar 2012
2,275 Posts
Yes, I have seen thatand I have it bookmarked! In fact, I litterally JUST forked over the total of $208.33 for my order. I got the regular blue version, regular power setup, Welders glue, eight props (four 8" ones and four 9" ones), extra prop saver bands, one 2s 450mah and one 3s 450mah. Though I fell like I will need more batts soon....

-joker