HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 08:41 PM
Plymouth, Devon
Joined May 2007
2,443 Posts
Saw your post about when your avion broke, not so good service. But I'm used to fixing these tiny planes after I've broken them, and I have a good stash of actuators, lipos etc. Probably won't be very long til the guts are in a new airframe, so not too worried about the avion being quite weak.
thewildweasel is offline Find More Posts by thewildweasel
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:13 AM
Its not that windy...
United States, CA, PORTER RANCH
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
I went to TRU and I saw a sport and a new razor, which one do you think is better. I tried the nano hawk today, didnt like it, its the newer jet one and its going back, too fast and not my kinda speed. Which one razor or sport?
aerosoardude is offline Find More Posts by aerosoardude
Old Mar 25, 2008, 01:45 PM
Joined Aug 2006
537 Posts
Is the Razor made by Air Hogs? The Nano Hawk is the PalmZ correct?
iceman88 is offline Find More Posts by iceman88
Old Mar 25, 2008, 02:41 PM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,508 Posts
The Razor is sold by ITC and has same basic R/C as the MicroFighter, and seemingly with GOOD range, etc. It is a kind of Cadillac/Harley compared to the Silverlit manufactured Air Hogs Sport (size/wt/performance). "Search" this forum for user reviews.
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Old Mar 25, 2008, 05:03 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,079 Posts
hey guys. finally got a window to return my jetscream that wont climb this friday, its getting exchanged for store credit and i have some choices, i have no idea what to choose. i not really looking for anything in particular except performance, just what would you guys get in the same situation or think is the most fun to fly with some nice performance, something that i could fly in a 100 x 70 ft area.
1. Jetscream
2. AA Bipe
3. AA jet
4. AA sport
5. x-twin stunt
i'm leaning towards a sport or stunt.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Mar 25, 2008, 05:06 PM
It works, don't touch it.
Joined Dec 2007
2,931 Posts
My vote would be for either a jetscream or stunt flyer. Jetscream is faster but needs a bigger area to fly in while the stunt flyer can loop. The stunt flyer climbs really fast, but needs to fly in zero wind while the jetscream can handle some wind.
skiesthelimit is offline Find More Posts by skiesthelimit
Old Mar 25, 2008, 05:32 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,079 Posts
thanks skie, i have been thinking about the stunt alot lately, as in there isn't really a lot written about it here, one question, how is its speed and how does it turn in comparison to other aircraft?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 05:33 PM
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Sep 2007
296 Posts
the sport was my first aa and absolutely great, no question.. but now i got a bipe and im loving it. since it is slower and more maneuverable than the sport i can fly it right outside my house on my street. i live in nyc and the space on these streets is limited, so the bipe is perfect at night when the winds are low and the street lamps are on. i can keep it in a small radius and do figure 8's on command
spyder11 is offline Find More Posts by spyder11
Old Mar 25, 2008, 06:21 PM
Its not that windy...
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
Let me put it this way, which is more exciting, I am getting a SS so well YES. But I'm not looking for slow calm flying. Just wondering, do you think that the sport is calm or exciting. The razor has ZT turning out of the box, but i hear its super tame so what do you think. I've read the reviews, but there was never a side to side comparison.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:23 PM
It works, don't touch it.
Joined Dec 2007
2,931 Posts
aipower, the stunt flyer can fly fairly fast, but not as fast as the jetscream. It can turn a lot quicker than the jetscream but about the same rate as a sport. Maybe i have not flown it in awhile. I will try to see if i can shoot a vid of it tomorrow, depending on the weather, so you can decide for yourself on the control of it.
aerosoardude, The sport can fly more slowly and calmly than the razor. I have never flown the razor, but it looks fast and has the same gear as the starscream, or at least i think. Here is a thread about it. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=razor
skiesthelimit is offline Find More Posts by skiesthelimit
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:27 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,305 Posts
maybe you should consider the Power Hawk. This plane is a excellent Small Space flier but can also loop and do some tricks or can fly super slow.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:15 PM
Its not that windy...
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
If thats to me, already have one, looking to mod my old one but i dont want to yet as i have yet to find a second one to keep stock. I have decided against getting any of the two. Im buying an SS and an xmod(looking for a cheap car) and the money i was going to use to buy those other two planes, im saving for the summer for the piper cherokee.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:05 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,079 Posts
modfly i have seen no power hawks at any targets as i am returning my jetscream for another plane.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 12:54 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower
modfly i have seen no power hawks at any targets as i am returning my jetscream for another plane.
don't worry they will appear sometime this spring or summer..but thats not helping now I know..maybe you should try another JS and this time try it in the parking lot and if no worky, then you don't have far to return it..If you get a good one you'll know it
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Mar 26, 2008, 04:42 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,079 Posts
might try another JS...... i would like something that could fly in wind, as i kinda frustrated as the last 2 days i have not been able to fly any micro's as there is just to much wind.