SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:51 AM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,352 Posts
which do you think is faster? pole cat or sukhoi? more into speed and basic manuevers than 3d hovering and the like. i think the pole cat is cooler looking but that s subjective i know. i do like the yellow of the sukhoi as a contrast to my red t28. thanks! might get one of these bad boys before i jump to the bigger t28. decisions decisions....
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:41 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Speed between a Sukhoi and polecat would be identical. A sukhoi with a Hyperion battery would be faster than a polecat with a stock battery.

Neither are anywhere near the speed of a Stryker or Sbach flat out.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:17 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
thanks. i have the dx6i. do you guys like the pole cat?
I have a Pole Cat, P-51, and a T-28. I like them all for different reasons. The Pole Cat is the fastest out of all of them, but the nose is a little fragile. It also comes in a little hot on landing vs the T-28 and P-51. The P-51 is almost as fast as the Pole Cat, but is far more durable. It also looks so cool in the sky that it is hard not to enjoy flying it. It flies like a dream in calm skies too, especially once you get the CG and trim perfect. The only real issue I have had with my P-51 is wind sensativity vs the others. The T-28 is far better than the PC and P-51 in the regard with the PC falling in the middle due to its sleeker design.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Aug 26, 2012, 09:12 AM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
I'm new round here but have recently got my self addicted to RC again any help is appreciated.
I bought a champ (largely on reviews from people round here) flew that, when i stopped crashing (almost strait away)
I bought a polecat crashed that quite a lot glued it back together crashed it some more. Maybe it wasn't the best first 4ch plane

I can now fly the Polecat with reasonable confidence , doing various basic maneuvers, rolls, loops, ~stall turns, Immelmann's... with out problems, smashed it up this morning trying to do a half Cuban inverted but will master that soon.

On the basis the pole cat wasn't the best second plane i thought id ask for suggestions, how much of a step up are the UMX's the Beast and SBACH or UM F-27Q? I like the idea of the extra power but don't know if i'm just going to beat the life out of another air frame.

Thanks for the help
Tim
Timmyag is offline Find More Posts by Timmyag
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:55 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Su26xp has a long-throw board. I've seen it written that the Polecat also has this, but the parts list shows the standard-throw board. What say you owners about this?

The su26xp comes with a short-throw aileron servo which should be short-thrown away and replaced with a long-throw servo. Polecat comes stock with the long-throw aileron servo.

I can attest to the crash-worthiness of the Sukhoi (don't have a Polecat). I hit square on the prop a few times, and the plane was fine for another go.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:41 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
I eventually decided that I'll get the UMX Geebee. Any pre-flight tips I should know? How much expo is needed? How is the plane's vertical?

I need to know these before I return to my city and open the box!

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:29 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Anybody there?

SS
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:19 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post
I eventually decided that I'll get the UMX Geebee. Any pre-flight tips I should know? How much expo is needed? How is the plane's vertical?

I need to know these before I return to my city and open the box!

SS
Swap the GeeBee prop with a 5030 to be safe, or take off @ 3/4 throttle or less and fly around @ 3/4 throttle for a minute before going to WOT.

The AS3X planes don't need much expo. They do a good job of damping out pilot induced oscillations.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:01 PM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Hmmm... time to find some good 5x3 props...

Thanks a lot!

SS
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:20 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
Su26xp has a long-throw board. I've seen it written that the Polecat also has this, but the parts list shows the standard-throw board. What say you owners about this?

The su26xp comes with a short-throw aileron servo which should be short-thrown away and replaced with a long-throw servo. Polecat comes stock with the long-throw aileron servo.

I can attest to the crash-worthiness of the Sukhoi (don't have a Polecat). I hit square on the prop a few times, and the plane was fine for another go.
The PC is not very durable, but I really like it since I rarely crash my planes anymore.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:32 AM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
I don't crash nearly as much as I used to either. But I bought a second Sukhoi instead of a PC.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:47 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
I don't crash nearly as much as I used to either. But I bought a second Sukhoi instead of a PC.
That was a good choice. All planes crash eventually and from what I hear, the XP is as tough as they come.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:49 PM
New and very excited
United States, TX, Amarillo
Joined Sep 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate cat View Post
is there a 4 channel RC plane with a wingspan of about 1 foot within the price rang of $100?
thanks
check out the Cox Micro Ranger on towerhobbies

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAELV&P=0
shepdizzle20 is offline Find More Posts by shepdizzle20
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:29 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
So I finally unboxed my UMX Geebee and I got to say it is the most beautiful plane I have ever bought. I'll be testing it out later today. I'll post the flight report here.

Since I didn't have a real powersupply, I just used a small 12v DC powersupply from a Ni-Mh AA battery charger and it works fine.(The connector fits the Celectra charger) The adapter puts out 12.26V and has done no harm to my 2S batts.

SS
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:17 PM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
All I've got to say is WOW! The Geebee is VERY fast! But it is pretty responsive and stable...

I also had a tree crash which damaged the cowl(not the top part) and dislodged the left landing gear.

SS