SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:23 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2009
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg View Post
So guys, the new UMX Beast or UMX Gee Bee?
depends if you want to do stunts, or just fly around and maybe go a little fast
pow-wow is offline Find More Posts by pow-wow
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:28 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Nov 2010
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow-wow View Post
get the new one getting ready to come up, why is nobody mentioning it? its gonna be easier to fly, and better performing
Yep, pre-ordered as soon as I heard the news. Bought a cheap hobbyking to keep me going until then
arcturus1 is offline Find More Posts by arcturus1
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:35 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow-wow View Post
depends if you want to do stunts, or just fly around and maybe go a little fast
Was more of a joke, as we really don't know how they will compare until more videos or reviews are out.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Nov 02, 2011, 12:40 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jul 2011
410 Posts
Airfield 800mm P-47 Thunderbolt, Airfield 800mm F4U Corsair, and Airfield 800mm T-28 Trojan.
(All 3 will be flown on the RTF stock Tx)

I have experience with ailerons on a Parkzone Polecat.
Also, taking price into account, the P-47 is the cheapest with tax and shipping (I would say I'm slightly biased to the P-47 )

Thanks,
vivcal
vivcal is offline Find More Posts by vivcal
Last edited by vivcal; Nov 02, 2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: forgot to add Corsair
Old Nov 07, 2011, 03:26 PM
Joined Aug 2011
160 Posts
Those should all be eqaully good foamie warbirds by Airfield. If it were me Id go for the 800mm T-28 Trojan. I wonder how that stacks up against the parkzone T-28 which seems insanely popular on this site. Those planes appears to be almost identicle to each other. Well that airfeild model costs less than the parkzone. One thing I thought a bummer about nitro planes tho was they didnt have the best parts support on all the models. They do at least have some parts support though. but may want to check how the parts support is before getting the particular model you want.

I interested too in their Airfield 1400mm series warbirds. They are more costly but with crazy bells and whistles.
Mattacks is online now Find More Posts by Mattacks
Last edited by Mattacks; Nov 13, 2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:02 PM
USA, FL, North Lauderdale
Joined Nov 2006
172 Posts
I mostly fly in a small cul-de-sac at the end of my road. Once I get in the air I have plenty of room, but there is not enough room for the extended landing approaches most of the larger planes need.

I'm looking for a new ultra micro. I have the Vapor and UM P-51. I also have the UM 4-Site, but that one is a handful and requires dead air to fly. I'm looking for a micro plane that is slow enough to fly in a small area, but can handle a decent amount of wind.

I'm looking at these:
UM F-27Q Stryker 180 - can this slow down well enough to land in a small area?
UlM Sukhoi SU-26xp - How well does it handle wind?
UMX Beast 3D - This has their new AS3X system. Should I wait for this one?

I'm a sport flyer. I like doing loops and rolls, but I'm not into serious acrobatics. Any recommendations?
bowieb is offline Find More Posts by bowieb
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:17 PM
Rockford Illinois
Joined Jan 2008
2,327 Posts
I fly the Stryker in my backyard (over some houses) and it really can work, but I'd recommend a decent amount of area for the 'full' experience. It does handle wind pretty well. The original beast is a favorite, but it doesn't like much wind (the 3d supposedly will be much much improved). The xp seems nice, I have the older version and it flies well with the swapped out prop, but doesn't like the wind.
danrc is offline Find More Posts by danrc
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:57 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Um how fast are the winds your flying in. But i would just wait for the beast and it has 2 wings so i would asume its going to be able to fly slow.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Nov 11, 2011, 07:16 PM
Joined Nov 2006
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie View Post
Um how fast are the winds your flying in. But i would just wait for the beast and it has 2 wings so i would asume its going to be able to fly slow.
I'm not trying to fly in high winds, but living in Florida a few miles from the coast, there is some wind most of the time. The 4-Site is out if there is any wind at all. The Vapor is ok in a light breeze, but that's usually just early morning and late evening. I can frequently get away with flying the P-51, but it can get squirrelly in the wind.

I had assumed that the UM Stryker would handle wind well being a Delta. Thanks for the info on the xp, danrc. I'll take it off my list.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 08:12 PM
Rockford Illinois
Joined Jan 2008
2,327 Posts
I think that the xp would get pushed a little bit like the p51. Love my styker, whatg about the sbach?
danrc is offline Find More Posts by danrc
Old Nov 11, 2011, 08:16 PM
Joined Jul 2011
410 Posts
How about the Polecat? Handles 10mph wind fine, and 15mph is a little unpredictable, but all in all, its a great plane.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:34 PM
Joined Nov 2006
172 Posts
I haven't really looked at the sbach. It's a bit larger and heavier than the others which would help in the wind, but that would also make it a faster plane.

The polecat looks very similar to the sukhoi xp. What's the difference?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:21 PM
Joined Jul 2011
410 Posts
polecat is easier to fly, and cannot do 3d. I think it is more stable too.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:54 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Did you watch the AS3X video and the beast 3D video yet? Did you see the part about it flying in the wind, if they are actual video with that fast of winds thats impresive, if your worried about wind i would really just wait for the beast.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:22 PM
Joined Jul 2011
410 Posts
^+1