HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 03:29 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
If you want a good deal on a UM T-28 I think I'm going to sell mine. It's in almost perfect condition. Never been crashed. Just has a tiny touch of road rash on under the nose from a nose over when it got stuck on a rock. If interested PM me and I'll make you a really good deal - say $60 plus shipping or so?

If I don't hear from you by tomorrow I'll list it in the classifieds.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 07:44 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
If you want a good deal on a UM T-28 I think I'm going to sell mine. It's in almost perfect condition. Never been crashed. Just has a tiny touch of road rash on under the nose from a nose over when it got stuck on a rock. If interested PM me and I'll make you a really good deal - say $60 plus shipping or so?

If I don't hear from you by tomorrow I'll list it in the classifieds.
Not sure if you got my PMs (nothing in the send box), but probably yes. Have to check with my parents, but that's it. Is it just the plane, or is it the whole set? Thanks
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Aug 18, 2011, 08:43 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
PM'd you back.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:15 AM
United States, NC, Belmont
Joined Mar 2004
456 Posts
I was thinking of buying Either a Kyosho Minium 4 channel J3 Cub or Piper Cherokee but in another thread I saw that people were having lots of problems with the aileron servos.
Any news or info on that?
mgdon is offline Find More Posts by mgdon
Old Aug 22, 2011, 02:55 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdon View Post
I was thinking of buying Either a Kyosho Minium 4 channel J3 Cub or Piper Cherokee but in another thread I saw that people were having lots of problems with the aileron servos.
Any news or info on that?
Kyosho has abandoned this radio/servo on their latest planes.

That should tell you every thing you need to know.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:06 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Blade MSR BNF
E-flite extra300 3D BNF

I've flown 4ch coax before and a 4ch plane (PZ su-26m for 2 flights...)
I'm looking for something fun and agile for my next plane/heli. which one is better?

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Sep 14, 2011, 07:26 AM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post
Blade MSR BNF
E-flite extra300 3D BNF

I've flown 4ch coax before and a 4ch plane (PZ su-26m for 2 flights...)
I'm looking for something fun and agile for my next plane/heli. which one is better?

SS
Those are both GREAT models, but very very different and hard to compare.

The mSR is an awesome little heli, easy to fly - but still fast and maneuverable. With duel rates it can easily fly inside in a small room - or outside and can really cook! Note that the BNF comes with a 4-port charger and a/c adapter - a huge plus.

The Extra 300 is an amazing plane, but designed for very experienced pilots. It's a true 3D plane and it's very easy to do the wrong thing with it and crash pretty hard.

Between the charger, fun factor, durability - I would highly recommend the mSR over the 300.
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:58 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
thanks! I already have an airframe to move the guts to IF the extra gets unfixable. I can make another plane with the guts IF the extra breaks. but this is a different story for the MSR.
I also have some experience with 4ch in the sim but I know that the sim is nothing like the real world.
I think I can get the celectra 4port charger separately.
So now which is better?

SS

EDIT: Which of these transmitters is better? The Spektrum DX6I or the Spektrum DX8?
I mean in terms of durability and response and range and etc.
Last edited by starscream4002; Sep 14, 2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:29 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
I already have an airframe to move the guts to IF the extra gets unfixable. I can make another plane with the guts IF the extra breaks. but this is a different story for the MSR.
I also have some experience with 4ch in the sim but I know that the sim is nothing like the real world.
I think I can get the celectra 4port charger separately.
So now which is better?

SS

EDIT: Which of these transmitters is better? The Spektrum DX6I or the Spektrum DX8?
I mean in terms of durability and response and range and etc.
No question hands down the DX8 is better than a DX6i. An old DX7 is better than a new DX6i in terms of capability/durability.

Out of all my micros, I fly the Extra 300 the most. I never owned a 3D plane before this one and now can fly around my backyard in full knife edge, 4 ft off the ground, hover, harrier and all the other things that are incredibly hard or at least take skill with other micros.

I have an MSR, but hovering around got old fast for me. I'd rather try to do it with an airplane.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:35 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Thanks UNGN! So I'll get the Extra300 along with a DX8.

SS
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:43 AM
United States, CT, Glastonbury Center
Joined May 2007
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Thanks UNGN! So I'll get the Extra300 along with a DX8.

SS
DX8 is a great TX, you'll love it.

i got an old DX7 from a forum member this summer - LOVE it
telos81 is offline Find More Posts by telos81
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:21 AM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
I have both the MSR and the UMX Extra 300 3d. I would recommend you stay away from the 300 3d. It sounds like you have minimal 4 channel experience other than sim, and I think you are going to end up breaking the 300 quickly. It is NOT durable. It is a good little airplane for what it is, but it isn't for beginners. The MSR on the other hand is an excellent little helicopter, and with the charger and such is a good package at a great price.

If you are determined to get a 3d capable airplane, consider getting something like the Twisted Hobbys Xtra Slick. It will cost only slight more, and is FAR more durable (and in my opinion is the better plane with much higher thrust to weight ratio, etc).
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:31 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Thanks again.
As I said, durability is no problem for me as I already have a foam airframe that I know will fly better than the extra and be lighter.(26g or so as I have calculated...airframe is 5g and WS is 16")

SS
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:50 PM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
will a DSMX dx8 work with the e-flite UMX extra 300?

SS
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Yes