HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 09, 2008, 09:18 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
glide?? i have no idea, do a search.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2008, 09:42 PM
Push
Joined Jan 2008
327 Posts
To youtube! LOL.
XXXmags is online now Find More Posts by XXXmags
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:31 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
i tried, not many resulty, just go to the advanced search option and within the thread or whatever search for glide/ glide ratio/ ect.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 08:51 AM
Good, I missed the ground
Toronto, Canada
Joined Feb 2008
52 Posts
Can anyone enlighten me about the "X-Plane RC" ?
It is apparently 4 channel but i'm thinking that's because it drops bombs and takes pictures. The flight controls are only throttle and rudder I'm guessing .. can anyone confirm this ??

Here is a link to some description and photos:
http://www.urbanjunkie.co.uk/product...7/0/x-plane-rc
StatsCanada is offline Find More Posts by StatsCanada
Old Mar 10, 2008, 09:31 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,612 Posts
You can find many references to it in this forum as well as threads (use "Search"). Most think it is overpriced crap. It was Silverlit's first attempt at planes years ago. Old news.
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Old Mar 10, 2008, 12:03 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Feb 2008
52 Posts
Perhaps old news for y'all .. but most things are new for me .. still a newbie here
OK, I'll see what I can dig up. If its crap then I'll pass but it's not that expensive anymore ...
Old Mar 10, 2008, 01:06 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Feb 2008
52 Posts
Well, I'd probably pay around $60 total for the thing as it does have bang-bang elevator and rudder but people are trying to sell it for $80 .. so unless i get a better deal i'll pass for now.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 07:20 PM View Post
obiwan22
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. It is temporarily hidden while obiwan22 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 01:21 AM
Its not that windy...
United States, CA, PORTER RANCH
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
Hey guys, I gotta question. I just screwed up my rx of the cessna for elevator. The body is beat up BEYOND belief. Now if I had to replace everything, it would be about 72 dollars. Or I could make it a throttle rudder plane using other parts. And save money towards a piper cherokee that was 4 channel in the summer? I can't make up my mind. Plus the piper cherokee probably cost 200, what do you think?
aerosoardude is offline Find More Posts by aerosoardude
Old Mar 12, 2008, 06:55 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
to convert to throttle and rudder you would just need to tweak the plane to climb under power, the simplest methods are moving the elevaotr up and holding it there with some tape and/or moving the cg slightly back.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 09:07 PM
Its not that windy...
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
Yea the sensible choice right now might just to hold on to my 72 and buy the piper cherokee in the summer. Thanks, Im off to build. BTW, i have to make a whole nother airframe. So tweaking to elevator wont work. If my airframe was good, I would totally buy the reciever. But i screwed it beyond belief, I have to find another one to utilize for the body. A receiver and body cost 60. Ok, but I need a new wing and tail set. so its like 75 tops. Think its worth that money?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 09:42 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
i have no idea as i dont have that aircrafft. did you ever try it with up elevator??? that should make it climb under power allowing it to be used as a 2-ch, or moving the cg back.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:44 PM
Its not that windy...
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
Nah, see airpower the thing is the cessna airframe is screwed up, like the wing and tailset and body. If it was just the rx, I would buy it for sure. But i just dont know if its worth buying the whole body, rx, wing, and tail set, when I could save it. If you were in this sort of predicament, what would you do?

EDIT: If everything was ok except for elevator, I would leave it up and say nothing about it. Its the airframe thats not ok. Piper cherokee is in summer, hmm maybe i will buy it, or the citabria.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:59 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
just got in from flying my new citabria...very good flier...but a bit fragile..
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:41 PM
Its not that windy...
Joined May 2007
1,164 Posts
Modfly, which would you prefer, on a calm day, no tackling wind whatsoever except for that tiny breeze. Citabria, or cessna, I might just get the brick and the citabria airframe.