HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 04, 2008, 02:55 PM
Good, I missed the ground
Toronto, Canada
Joined Feb 2008
52 Posts
Unfortunately you are right Lee, it comes with the props on the horizontals .. just the photo in the ad(s) made me think otherwise (there were two ads, FutureShop has the pic above, the other is sold at Circuitcity and apparently requires 4 C batteries to charge ? That is the one i got but it charges of the tx ..hmm) here are the links in case anyone is interested :

CircuitCity
http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Pr...roduct=6013001

Futureshop
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...80&catid=22096

Well, on the bright side, it does look like a good plane otherwise .. so time to do some cut and paste i gather.
StatsCanada is offline Find More Posts by StatsCanada
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2008, 03:05 PM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,817 Posts
Here's a good place to start >> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...+backyard+bird
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Old Mar 04, 2008, 03:25 PM
Good, I missed the ground
Toronto, Canada
Joined Feb 2008
52 Posts
Thanks .. nothing beats tips from the original designer
StatsCanada is offline Find More Posts by StatsCanada
Old Mar 04, 2008, 04:43 PM
"raven" didn't fit, heh
southeast Alaska
Joined Nov 2007
934 Posts
darn and blast. well, it's been a plan of mine to do the "unmod" mod on Lee's F-22 at some point, so i guess i'll have a goal this summer =)
grandfather ra is offline Find More Posts by grandfather ra
Old Mar 05, 2008, 01:12 AM
Fidalgo Island, WA.
Joined Jan 2008
123 Posts
The dope on Estes...

Was in Wal Mart today and saw a nice selection of Estes aircraft. Finish quality appears very good, and the size might make them a good choice for outdoor flying. Engineering also appears to be excellent. Does anyone have any experience with these planes, indoor or out?
trikesterkyote is offline Find More Posts by trikesterkyote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 04:39 AM
Johnal
Costa Mesa
Joined Jul 2006
254 Posts
Would love to hear some suggestions on an indoor (living room type indoor) heli that isn't ridiculously expensive but is much more predictable and stable than the havoc helis. For $25 i love the havoc's but i'm so tired of having to compensate for crazy spins from increasing the throttle and a number of other minor annoyances that are common amongst them. Anyway, durability is also important. Thanks!
SntaCruz83 is offline Find More Posts by SntaCruz83
Old Mar 05, 2008, 05:59 AM
RC pilot,AMA Member.
Northeast PA
Joined Sep 2007
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SntaCruz83
Would love to hear some suggestions on an indoor (living room type indoor) heli that isn't ridiculously expensive but is much more predictable and stable than the havoc helis. For $25 i love the havoc's but i'm so tired of having to compensate for crazy spins from increasing the throttle and a number of other minor annoyances that are common amongst them. Anyway, durability is also important. Thanks!
Air hogs robo copter recon 40$
best 2 channel heli on the market...it is fragle( mine has crashed into every thing and is still fine)but you can get replacement parts from horizon hobby!
sonicjet is offline Find More Posts by sonicjet
Old Mar 05, 2008, 08:30 AM
It works, don't touch it.
Joined Dec 2007
2,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikesterkyote
Was in Wal Mart today and saw a nice selection of Estes aircraft. Finish quality appears very good, and the size might make them a good choice for outdoor flying. Engineering also appears to be excellent. Does anyone have any experience with these planes, indoor or out?
Can you explain a little more on the planes that you saw, please? Name, color, etc.
skiesthelimit is offline Find More Posts by skiesthelimit
Old Mar 05, 2008, 08:35 AM
It works, don't touch it.
Joined Dec 2007
2,935 Posts
Also the air hogs battle havocs are really nice flyers. They have slightly less power, so flight times last longer, when you give it throttle, the tail rotor spins early to compensate for the spin of the heli on take off, you can battle each other using the infared firing system, and they are unbreakable. I got mine from Walmart for about $70, i think, and they are glow in the dark.
skiesthelimit is offline Find More Posts by skiesthelimit
Old Mar 05, 2008, 11:48 AM
Fidalgo Island, WA.
Joined Jan 2008
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit
Can you explain a little more on the planes that you saw, please? Name, color, etc.
I believe I saw the "4128"? and there was also one that looked like a Stryker with a bigger span.
trikesterkyote is offline Find More Posts by trikesterkyote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 02:13 PM
"raven" didn't fit, heh
southeast Alaska
Joined Nov 2007
934 Posts
i avoid Estes planes -- they only have 3 throttle steps including "off", and bang-bang steering. they're made of fragile old-school foam, not EPP or EPS

that said, i do have a friend who really enjoys flying his. they're just not for me
grandfather ra is offline Find More Posts by grandfather ra
Old Mar 05, 2008, 05:17 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikesterkyote
i had a Estes 4160......once... it was my first toy grade plane, since i flew hobby grade, i though it would be easy, well, i quicklyy learned it takes a different sorta skill to fly 2-ch and the 4160 didn't last 10 flights, now that i have much more skill with 2-ch i would be very happy to own one, the only thing that wasnt great about it was the stryo, 2 throttle speeds, and the timeouts, and appaernetly the new estes planes have more than 2 throttle speeds and no or damped out timeouts.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Mar 09, 2008, 08:48 PM
Push
Joined Jan 2008
335 Posts
I needs some help here. I'm interested in the MiniXPV. They got one for sale here at a store and I'm wondering if its a good flier, how long does it fly and will it glide. Gotta make sure it glides. And in general how good a deal it is for the buck.
XXXmags is offline Find More Posts by XXXmags
Old Mar 09, 2008, 09:14 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,149 Posts
i did a super 30 choice poll a little while ago, MXPV tied for 1st place, 41 people did the poll, if you ask around, no one here sais its a bad flyer, they all say its either a good plane, one of there favorites, there favorite, or you could come across one of those MXPV worshippers( i believe most of us know who i'm talking about). plus, as modfly pointed out, you can use it as a 1c charger for aero aces/x-twins to make them last much longer. i'm getting one as soon as i have enough money.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Mar 09, 2008, 10:01 PM
Push
Joined Jan 2008
335 Posts
Nice, nice. Good to know that. But one last thing I really wanna know, Will it glide.. well for that matter. I just like gliding thats all lol. But still thanks for answering mate .
XXXmags is offline Find More Posts by XXXmags