HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:30 AM
Fly it like you stole it!
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2009
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob00
Hello guys,

i'm an intermediate rc pilote (read as: not very good but i can fly stuff and it doesnt always break).
I would like to get a plane that is like the parkzone sukhoi 26m or kyosho minium cessna 210 (or another minium of the same wing length).
it needs to have 3 Or 4 channels, fly slowly and be quite maneuverable (like the parkzone is, can make sharp turns, rolls, etc).
Which of the both would you recommend? Are there other such models?

Right now, i would go for kyosho, because it includes a receiver and everything you need, and cost 100eur, while the parkzone is 100eur without anything (i've an old grauphner remote which i doubt can be made to work with that stuff). i'm aware that the kyosho one is less maneuverable. Oh also finding the sukhoi seems *very* hard, they're out of stock everywhere and i dont want to wait 2 months.

Thanks in advance for the tips
Honestly, it depends on your personal skill level and confidence.

I personally took a buddy's advice when learning to fly, and got a 3-channel Cessna 210 as my first plane. I also have a Sukhoi now, but the Sukhoi would have been a really bad choice as an entry plane. It's soooo much faster, and takes a lot more skill to fly. The 3-channel fixed wing planes like the Cessna and Citabria are a lot easier to fly in my opinion, yet are still a lot of fun. (I still fly my Cessna quite often.)
ODUsurfer is offline Find More Posts by ODUsurfer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2009, 09:06 PM
Bringer of lasers
United States, MA, Greenfield
Joined Dec 2006
831 Posts
I feel that I am ready to step up from 3 channell planes such as the cessena or the Ember2 (both of ehich I have) and into some 4 channell planes. My question is this:

Out of parkzones 4 channell planes, should I get the suhkoi, the P-51, the ultra micro 4site, or wait for a refined version of the suhkoi and P-51 that have the bugs ironed out of them? For the record, I only have the Ember2 DSM2 4ch TX, but am saving up for a Dx6i.

posted from my DSi, Dill
dill is offline Find More Posts by dill
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:30 PM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
Do you have experience with 4-channel planes? How about extreme aerobatics? The Sukhoi is a high performance acrobatic plane, and I would not recommend it to anyone who doesn't have lots of 4-channel experience. The same goes for the Micro 4-Site. The P-51 would be the easiest of the Micro 4-channels to fly, IMO.

The Dx6i is a good TX, it's what I use, you'll like it.

Jay
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor
Old Oct 15, 2009, 04:31 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODUsurfer
Honestly, it depends on your personal skill level and confidence.

I personally took a buddy's advice when learning to fly, and got a 3-channel Cessna 210 as my first plane. I also have a Sukhoi now, but the Sukhoi would have been a really bad choice as an entry plane. It's soooo much faster, and takes a lot more skill to fly. The 3-channel fixed wing planes like the Cessna and Citabria are a lot easier to fly in my opinion, yet are still a lot of fun. (I still fly my Cessna quite often.)
I did not see this reply before, sorry. i got the sukhoi a while ago in July, and some other planes since and I don't regret it. I like flying the Sukhoi a lot and I'm glad it can do quite a few aerobatics. It wasn't so hard to fly after all.

I also got a Citabria which I offered to my brother and like to fly it of course. However he has more troubles with the Sukhoi somehow. I guess I had more experience in flying through simulator or something.
jimbob00 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob00
Old Nov 04, 2009, 09:48 PM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicjet View Post
do you have a picture?
sorry our web cam was and is not working
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old Nov 28, 2009, 02:24 PM
Menifee, ca
Joined Nov 2008
35 Posts
check it outhttp://www.vimeo.com/user1145956
NICK WORTHEN is offline Find More Posts by NICK WORTHEN
Old Nov 28, 2009, 02:28 PM
Menifee, ca
Joined Nov 2008
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK WORTHEN View Post
check it outhttp://www.vimeo.com/user1145956
dsfsfsfsf
Old Nov 28, 2009, 02:28 PM
Menifee, ca
Joined Nov 2008
35 Posts
http://www.vimeo.comhttp://www.vimeo...1145956/videos
Last edited by NICK WORTHEN; Nov 28, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 04:47 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
those are very very fast planes you've got there nick...
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:51 PM
Joined Nov 2009
3 Posts
Hey guys! First time user and pilot here! I thought this would be a good thread to get started!

I am looking for my first Micro RTF Heli, and I would like to go with a cheaper havoc model, for indoor use. I think for starters it would be what I am looking for. My question for you experts is, what model should I get? any other suggestions to helicopters besides these are welcome as well, just remember I am not looking to spend too much, under $50 would be great.

Black Hawk Havoc - This is the new and improved original Havoc Heli correct? These seems like something good for starters.

Havoc Razer - I like the idea of driving it on the ground, launching it off a ramp, and all that other fun stuff, but I am more interested in how it flies, and if it would be good for what I'm looking for.

Havoc Turbo Blast - Also interested in this model, I love the way it looks and have read great reviews.

Thanks in advance!

-Ryan
ryan1987 is offline Find More Posts by ryan1987
Old Nov 30, 2009, 09:26 AM
RC pilot,AMA Member.
Northeast PA
Joined Sep 2007
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan1987 View Post
Hey guys! First time user and pilot here! I thought this would be a good thread to get started!

I am looking for my first Micro RTF Heli, and I would like to go with a cheaper havoc model, for indoor use. I think for starters it would be what I am looking for. My question for you experts is, what model should I get? any other suggestions to helicopters besides these are welcome as well, just remember I am not looking to spend too much, under $50 would be great.

Black Hawk Havoc - This is the new and improved original Havoc Heli correct? These seems like something good for starters.

Havoc Razer - I like the idea of driving it on the ground, launching it off a ramp, and all that other fun stuff, but I am more interested in how it flies, and if it would be good for what I'm looking for.

Havoc Turbo Blast - Also interested in this model, I love the way it looks and have read great reviews.

Thanks in advance!

-Ryan
From what i have seen the best model right now is the new slick plastic one,it is just labeled AirHogs "Havoc" but its canopy will be plastic,not foam, and very high tech looking with an clear "windshield"
sonicjet is offline Find More Posts by sonicjet
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:13 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Welcome ryan1987
this might be a good and cheap start...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1127618

just don't push the controls too hard...

SS
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:14 AM
Fly it like you stole it!
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2009
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan1987 View Post

Thanks in advance!

-Ryan
I've gone through the gauntlet on the little cheapy (under $50) micro helicopters. -They keep the kids busy, and out of Daddy's real toys. But IMHO, by far the best flying ones had counter-rotating heads.

The problem with the ones with a rear rotor is the cheapo electronics used in them don't provide the voltage control needed for accurate flying. Every time you change your throttle, your micro starts spinning left or right, which stinks if you're trying to be in any way precise. (It's a problem with the counter-rotating head ones too, but not nearly as exaggerated.)

You probably don't want something so simplistic as this little 2-channel, but the Hobbico Swarm has become my kid's favorite, and the thing actually flies insanely well for what it is. My LHS here in Orlando actually has them on clearance for $14.99, so it's a great deal for me.

Hope it helps.
ODUsurfer is offline Find More Posts by ODUsurfer
Old Dec 01, 2009, 02:01 AM
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Joined Jul 2007
1,013 Posts
You owe it to yourself to check out the Parkzone MCX. Coaxial, and a full 4-channel helo. The price for a RTF unit is approxmately $129, give or take a bit, depending on who you get it from. It outperforms any of the 'toy' helo's, and if damaged spare parts are readily available and repairs are easy to make.

Jay
Faethor is offline Find More Posts by Faethor
Old Dec 01, 2009, 06:16 PM
Advanced District5 Champion!
In the vicinity of the midwest.... home of large lots of land to fly in!!
Joined Mar 2008
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faethor View Post
You owe it to yourself to check out the Parkzone MCX. Coaxial, and a full 4-channel helo. The price for a RTF unit is approxmately $129, give or take a bit, depending on who you get it from. It outperforms any of the 'toy' helo's, and if damaged spare parts are readily available and repairs are easy to make.

Jay

they have them for 10-20 bucks less now. its worth it now more than ever
Ironbowser is offline Find More Posts by Ironbowser