SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 08:00 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
i just love the momentary and sustained angle of attack this thing gets, allowing for what appears to be effortless j-turns, the Rf can do J-turns but they are rare and it struggles through them.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:41 AM
Joined Aug 2006
557 Posts
How much room will the Phantom take up? say 300 by 150 feet be good enough or no?
iceman88 is offline Find More Posts by iceman88
Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:47 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
i havent flown the phantom but i reckon it will.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 06:29 AM
RC pilot,AMA Member.
Northeast PA
Joined Sep 2007
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman88
How much room will the Phantom take up? say 300 by 150 feet be good enough or no?
More if flying low but it likes to be flown high above the trees and you could definitely land in a space that big ,so it can be flown there,dont be scared to fly high and far away, you have 1300" range!
also if you do get it mount the wing with 2 rubber bands not 4 it gives more flexibility and it can get a littele out of hand for a beginner if you have the act off and are on hi rates as it is very responsive(loops, rolls, hamerheads down ward spirals )
sonicjet is offline Find More Posts by sonicjet
Old Apr 12, 2008, 07:56 PM
Joined Apr 2008
4 Posts
Whats better?

I'm new to the wide world of rc planes. and I found there is an indoor flying club in town! but they only allow mini and micros. so my question is what do i get? a parkzone micro cessna 210 a micro etomic ember also by parkzone or the micro citrabria again by parkzone?
radioguy122 is offline Find More Posts by radioguy122
Old Apr 12, 2008, 08:33 PM
RC pilot,AMA Member.
Northeast PA
Joined Sep 2007
1,176 Posts
Depends...the ember flies very slow,the cessna and citabra flys faster.
Look at videos from google and you tube to decide, they are close but the ember flys slowest.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

Park Zone Cessna 210 Centurion Product Review+In/Out flights (9 min 19 sec)
Last edited by sonicjet; Apr 12, 2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 09:41 PM
Joined Apr 2008
4 Posts
?

Is there a better chance that the ember might break easier since its an open cockpit?
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:14 PM
RC pilot,AMA Member.
Northeast PA
Joined Sep 2007
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioguy122
Is there a better chance that the ember might break easier since its an open cockpit?
dust and dirt...yes
break.....no
It also makes oiling easy.
The citabra and ember radio software is better but thats only if you fly far from yourself.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:36 PM
I am the robot of pop...
Lake Chargogagogmanchaugagogchubunagungamaug, Webster, MA
Joined Jan 2008
1,223 Posts
im def. picking up a phantom....

i bought its big brother the firebird commander 2 on impulse cause my LHS was trying to get rid of them, snagged one for $70.....

its awesome!!!! after mastering 2ch on so many micros, flying this thing was a peice of cake!!! it is still nerve-raking every time though, because its a pretty big bird(compared to say an AA sport ) but range and fully proportional control was like going from driving a dump truck to car....

in hindsight though, i should have gotten a 3ch... ive outgrown this one already.... so i will def. get a phantom, and after that a wing dragon 4 for aileron....

as far as micros go.... im happy paying 30 dollars for an AA or MXPV that is nearly indestructable.... maybe ill see if i can swing a PZ Cessna out of my birthday
iamtheroboto is offline Find More Posts by iamtheroboto
Old Apr 13, 2008, 07:08 AM
It works, don't touch it.
Joined Dec 2007
2,935 Posts
yeah i want to get a phantom and slo-v sometime soon. and the parkzone vapor. then i will be happy.
skiesthelimit is offline Find More Posts by skiesthelimit
Old Apr 13, 2008, 10:51 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
you will always want something more skie
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:10 AM
It works, don't touch it.
Joined Dec 2007
2,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower
you will always want something more skie
Yeah i know. How long has the Slo-V been out? Seems like it has been out for a while. The phantom i believe is fairly new and the vapor is not even out yet. I need to start catching up.
skiesthelimit is offline Find More Posts by skiesthelimit
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:47 AM
Joined Apr 2008
4 Posts
out side vs in side

Does one of the three parkzones fly better out side?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:23 PM
RC pilot,AMA Member.
Northeast PA
Joined Sep 2007
1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiesthelimit
Yeah i know. How long has the Slo-V been out? Seems like it has been out for a while. The phantom i believe is fairly new and the vapor is not even out yet. I need to start catching up.
The "v" has been out about 1.5 years ,the phantom almost 1 year...I dont have a v....I have the slow stick but Slo-V parts work on the slow stick...If you destroy the slo-v just use the electronics in a slow stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeoguy122
Does one of the three parkzones fly better out side?
yes the citabra,which also has the least flying time.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 01:34 PM
Joined Apr 2008
4 Posts
I also have a original commander and it has recently been acting up. It will get some lift and then dive to the right and crash any advice?