SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 24, 2008, 07:40 PM
Is everyone from California?
Orange County, NY
Joined May 2007
234 Posts
Sorry B, as much as i would like to tear out all my electronics and weigh it for you, just not going to happen. Good luck!
yaitsfast is offline Find More Posts by yaitsfast
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:10 PM
Have a go, it might work!
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Feb 2004
696 Posts
It might be a bit late, but weights are as follows:

Wings (with carbon joiner) - 161g
Fuselage - 100g
Tail - 22g

So an all up empty weight of 383g

Cheers,

red
redryder is offline Find More Posts by redryder
Old Jun 14, 2008, 09:30 AM
Orange County, NY
Joined May 2007
234 Posts
Just a note, ordered some cool new upgrades for the passer. Picked up an aluminum spinner and a set of carbon fiber blades. If anyone is wondering its a 32mm spinner. The stock blades are 11x6 and it only pulls 10 amps at full throttle with the stock setup. I got a set of 12x7, but havent tested it yet. The ESC is a 30, but not sure what the motor can handle. I'm hoping to do some testing later today and will let y'all know.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 04:56 PM
Orange County, NY
Joined May 2007
234 Posts
The blades are actually 12x7.5 15 amps 150watts on the meter. Motor hot after flight, but didnt cook so we'll see. Over all a definite success. Alot smoother running setup and it looks classy too . Much better than the cheap setup that came with it. I'll post a pic when I get my camera back. The spinner I got was actually a 30mm and does look fine, but the stock one measured at 31.5mm. So a 30 or a 32 will work.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 03:04 PM
the answer 42 is
Switzerland, AG, Lenzburg
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
Last post - so far :P

well finally I manage to take some pics of the plane on "my field", I had several flying sessions and as I had sais before the plane is just great if flys very well even in strong winds around 12 - 1 Km/h of course goes really slow but it does not loose too much heigth.

I will keep you posted if something new happens

good flights and soft landings for all you

regards

Edwin
Edwinzea is offline Find More Posts by Edwinzea
Last edited by Edwinzea; Jul 13, 2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:11 PM
Joined May 2008
9 Posts
I am thinking about getting one of these, but it would need to fit into the trunk of my car. Is the wing one or two piece?
UWZBDF is offline Find More Posts by UWZBDF
Old Jul 10, 2008, 08:25 PM
Orange County, NY
Joined May 2007
234 Posts
I glued mine together, but you dont have to. There are two wing screws for attachment.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 12:52 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
is two pieces wing, jointed with carbon fober tube I reinforced it gluing inside a steel rod now is almos unbrakeble :P

EZ
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:01 PM
Never too much detail
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
449 Posts
Control Throws

Just picked up a new passer. Very nice looking model. Looks like they have changed the fus so the tail mounts are now moulded into the Fus, no mounting blocks required.

What control throws are being used for aileron/elevator/rudder?

Stuart
fredo21 is offline Find More Posts by fredo21
Old Apr 29, 2009, 09:08 AM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
well fredo that is kind of subjective for me I usually fly full throws, but the v-tail for ruder is a bit in efficient but for elevator works super fine you should reduce to 60 or 70% somehting really good on this plane is the thermal mode, you can program for 3 to 4 mm donw aleirons and it will thermal superb and it recovers inmedaitelly after removing the mix, you can also progrma 2 to 3 mm up for speed this plane can fly in very windy contditons but with the speed mix it does it with more ease hmmm I thin you should also program some elevator on both mix but I cannot remeber how much you should try a bit. Finally I found out the breake mix works best with aleirons down rater than up.

great flights and enjoy your PasserX

EZ
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:49 AM
Never too much detail
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
449 Posts
Heres mine ready for a fly. I have 2 Power options:
599g AUW with a 2S pack. 64W static draw
645g AUW with a 3S Pack. 174W static draw

30A ESC
10x6 Graupner CAMs folder prop
TGY AerodriveXp SK Series 28-26 1350Kv

Going to initially try the 64W option for a leisurely climbout.

Stuart
Old Sep 20, 2009, 06:23 PM
Never too much detail
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
449 Posts
I had the maiden of my Passer-X last weekend. Decided to try a 3S pack(170W).

It went well, just a few things to adjust.
- Had the brake off on my ESC so had to put up with a free wheeling prop, makes a good brake. Didn't have instructions at the field to fix this, oversight on my part.

- I have my firewall installed so the spinner lines up with the fuselage. The model, as expected, pitches up when power is applied. A bit of down elevator and the gradual application of power makes this manageable. Climbs well on 1/2 throttle. Plan to add a bit of down elevator to the throttle mix.

- Balance - With a 1700 3S pack installed I had to add 12g to the tail to balance it. Plan to a smaller 3S pack to try and remove the requirement for additional balance weight.

- Aileron response acceptable but not quick. But it is a glider.

- All my control throws where maximum. Very flyable.

- Had my ailerons set up as brakes, 60% on the flap switch The brakes throw was not enough, just tend to make the model fly faster.

- Had 50% differential set up on the ailerons. Seems to work OK.

- Need to find a better way of securing the canopy. Tape gets old fast.

- Folding props a bit stiff. Tried stalling to get them to fold. Didnít work.

All in all happy with this one. Lots of stuff to tweak but looking good.

Stuart
Old Sep 30, 2009, 08:14 AM
Orange County, NY
Joined May 2007
234 Posts
If the prop is too stiff, just loosen up on the screws that attach the blades a smidge. You might want to remove them, apply some threadlock and then set the tension. A little CA on the screwhead after setting the tension would also keep them from loosening up. Just be careful not to get any down the hole or the prop will never fold.
Old Oct 02, 2009, 04:59 AM
Never too much detail
Australia, VIC, Hampton
Joined Jan 2007
449 Posts
Thanks yaitsfast I have fixed that.

Reworked the canopy fixing. Didn't like tape.
Put piano wire to secure the front, You need to cut a slot in the front to stop the wire scratching the motor.

I used two rare earth magnets to secure the rear. Drilled a hole fit the magnets. Put 2 rare earth magnets together with some cling wrap between them. Put them in the hole so the outer magnet was flush with the outside of the fus and epoxied the inner magnet from the inside. Once that had set I repeated the process, using cling wrap and epoxying the canopy the outer magnet whilst fitted. Note before gluing the canopy make sure you can remove the outer magnet. It is a tight fit and although not glued in the hole a combination of cling wrap and epoxy can make it hard to remove. I found I need to drill a small hole next to it to remove it the first time before glueing to the canopy.

Stuart
Old Oct 05, 2009, 01:59 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
Hey the Passer looks really great in Red

EZ