HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2008, 04:06 PM
the answer 42 is
Switzerland, AG, Lenzburg
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
Frist flight

well the first flight went quiet good, this plane is a floater, and reacts immediately its maneuverability is amazing, at full throttle the plane almost went out of my hand and start climbing straight away I just made couple of circuits and landed the weather is not the best at this moment but I just could not resist to try my new plane . I will keep you informed about future flights

Edwin
Edwinzea is online now Find More Posts by Edwinzea
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2008, 05:01 AM
Joined Mar 2008
9 Posts
Recommended Motor

Hi,

First post on RC Groups

Was wondering what type of motor setups people are using with their Passer-X's ?

Wish you'd bought another plane instead ?

Regards

MM
megamills is offline Find More Posts by megamills
Old Mar 22, 2008, 07:25 PM
Is everyone from California?
Orange County, NY
Joined May 2007
234 Posts
From what I am seeing including myself, people are using the outunner that comes with it. They say its a 800kv motor, but thats about all it says on the website. It has a 3mm shaft, all I know for sure. Im sure there are any number of small outrunners that will work. Mine also came with a 1700 3s lipo, and I think a 30amp esc. I like mine so much, my father wants to buy one too so we can fly them together. Can't beat it for the price really. Not a super high quality model, but again, for the money you just cant go wrong.
yaitsfast is offline Find More Posts by yaitsfast
Last edited by yaitsfast; Mar 22, 2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2008, 07:47 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
same here, Im using the provided motor and ESC no problem. it almost take the plane away from the hand, I can tell you the quality is very good all and for that price you cannot ask more beside that the guys from RVm shop always reply the emails fast , the only concern is the manual which is quiet poor and can be confusing for a beginner .

EZ
Old Mar 24, 2008, 03:53 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
Flight # 2

well today against all the forecast the weather was quiet good to fly, just bit cold, I went to the field and the sun was shinning , good mood for a flight, after the regular checks I pushed full throttle and the plane was in the air again, I felt it little bit nose heavy but nothing to worry.

I have to say this IS a great plane to fly, that elliptical wing really helps, the plane goes form one side of the field to the other almost without loosing altitude, also the S4083 is doing a great job, today I even manage to catch a small thermic thanks to a passing eagle that pointed it for me.

The day was cold and after 15 minutes in the air it start to get cloudy, I flew it for almost 30 minutes and then I decided to take it down and try to move the CG little bit backwards, I landed and the sky just closed so I decided that was enough for the day and head home, after 5 minutes of my arrival the sky just broke and it was snowing .

I can tell you I really satisfied with this plane, great quality and flies smooth.

soft landings for all you

EZ
Last edited by Edwinzea; Apr 06, 2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 04:25 AM
Joined Mar 2008
9 Posts
Taken the plunge

After the numerous enthusiastic post about the passer-x, the various videos, and the incredible price, have ordered the Passer-x.

The shopping list was Passer Thermo Sailplane Glider in red
--------------------------

A Y Cable + Extension

Turborix Advance ! Bi-Directional ESC Programming Card (Like to be able to program easily)
Turborix 800rpm/v 111W D2830 RC Brushless Motor

Turborix Advance 40A Brushless Motor Speed Controller (better to be too high capacity than not sutiable)

Ordered from R2HOBBIES.COM cheaper than ebay

All for $187.42 US to my door step in Australia.

What do you reckon ?

Any build tips?
megamills is offline Find More Posts by megamills
Old Mar 27, 2008, 02:24 PM
Over the Hill, 3rd Oak Tree on left
Joined Nov 2005
218 Posts
Edwin,

Can you show us some pic's of your plane ? Also, where did you buy yours from ?

CS
Captain Speedy is offline Find More Posts by Captain Speedy
Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:09 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
Hey cap, yes Indeed I forgot to put some pics of the whole plane, Im a lonely flyer and always forgot my camera but I will post some soon , I got it straight the way from www.r2hobbies.com you got lots of great product on there, I think the plane is just great, a tip do not forget to scratch the paint form the fuse before gluing the V tail.

best regards and good flights

EZ
Old Mar 30, 2008, 05:26 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwinzea
I got it straight the way from www.r2hobbies.com

EZ
I hope postage was not too expensive....
Quote:
Package Weight : ~1480kg
Oh, and you talk about an MH32 airfoil? On the site it says:
Quote:
Wing Type : S4083
and the "empty" weight is really low, they say 360g...:
WimH is offline Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Mar 31, 2008, 02:11 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
Flight # 3

well spring is coming to Holland and everything is just beautiful, for today :P tomorrow starts raining again , anyway thanks to the summer time I have an extra hour to fly after work , so I went today to the field 12 degrees almost no wind it was a perfect flight, almost 45 min and I landed because it was starting to get dark, again I caught couple of small thermals, let me tell you this is a great flyer, it goes from one side of the field to the other in a second almost without height loose is great to look for thermals and bubbles, the motor (the one provided) is powerful enough for climbs of 30 to 40 degrees. I am more and more satisfied with this plane. and today the camera was forgotten again
Last edited by Edwinzea; Apr 06, 2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 02:19 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
WimH, you are right but I already corrected the Profile is a selig, kind of old but let me tell you it does the work, also the elliptical wing platform helps in the gliding condition of the plane, I think the postage was around 36. Finally I did not check the empty weight but let me tell you the plane is light but strong, I strongly recommend to reinforce the wing.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 02:22 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
Hey megamills, I can recommend you what I did on my plane , check the blog

good flights and soft landings

EZ
Old Apr 01, 2008, 08:14 PM
Is everyone from California?
Orange County, NY
Joined May 2007
234 Posts
I will agree, a very light airframe. Not what I would call tough and sturdy, but it flies great and cost $150 ready to go.
yaitsfast is offline Find More Posts by yaitsfast
Old Apr 06, 2008, 05:56 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,890 Posts
Flight # 4

well what to say, this plane is very enjoyable, I had great time today couple of very long flights, there was a permanent thermal in the middle of the field , in the first flight I tested the "butterfly" the planes brakes quiet good but loose command on aleirons, the vtail is not so helpful in here, something really interesting is that the planes recovers speed immediately after releasing the brakes

ABout the wing, I remember now I read somewhere that the wing is flat that is totally wrong the wing has a normal dihedral but of course the join rod is straight.

as I said before the plane goes really fast, to help on thermaling I put couples of points down in the flapperons and seems to help a lot and is a matter of turn the switch off and the plane goes fast again.

the flight was really relaxed today and I enjoyed making landing approaches and going really slow at 1 or two meters then push throttled again and goes up even one nice and soft touch and go .

Final part of the test, I checked couple of aerobatics, the planes does loops very round and nicely on rolls is kind of slow, and the wings do not flect at all good construction and good reinforcements

again is a great plane :P and I forgot my camera on my desk anyway great flys for everybody

and soft landings

EZ.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
Budapest-Szeged, Hungary (EU)
Joined Nov 2006
19 Posts
Airframe empty weight

Hi there Passer X builders,

I have a question: what is the real (measured) weight of the empty airframe of this plane?
A fellow modeler considers to purchase one and use it as an F5J400 competition ship, where the motor and the battery are limited and therefore keeping down the weight is vital for good climbing.
Thanks,
B.
Buddha is offline Find More Posts by Buddha