HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:39 PM
Joined Dec 2010
99 Posts
Great Pisaneli, keep posting the photos of the assembly, will help a lot.
You are using what glue? CA or Epoxy (5, 15 or 30min?).
serginho_la is offline Find More Posts by serginho_la
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:28 PM
iSlope
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serginho_la View Post
You are using what glue? CA or Epoxy (5, 15 or 30min?).
I am using 5min Epoxy and some glass bubbles.
Pisaneli is offline Find More Posts by Pisaneli
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:46 PM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,329 Posts
Nice work Pisaneli. Since you have four servos, I assume that you're going to install both rudder and elevator functions. What size spinner are you using? It looks like it needs a 32mm.
Greywing is offline Find More Posts by Greywing
Old Jan 04, 2011, 06:37 PM
iSlope
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywing View Post
Nice work Pisaneli. Since you have four servos, I assume that you're going to install both rudder and elevator functions. What size spinner are you using? It looks like it needs a 32mm.
Yes, I will use both functions. I like using rudder in thermals and doing some mild acrobatics on the slope. I am using Aeronaut 30mm spinner and you have guess it correctly. It needs 32mm spinner to fit nice.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 01:23 AM
the answer 42 is
Switzerland, AG, Lenzburg
Joined Jan 2006
1,887 Posts
mmm the plane has evolved nicely, my old version did not have that nice shape for the V tail, and the 30mm spinner fits like a glove on mine :P

EZ
Edwinzea is offline Find More Posts by Edwinzea
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:21 AM
iSlope
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
250 Posts
The new spinner that came with the plane is 31.5mm. I can't use the servo tray that is included because servos are too big to be mounted in a classical way. Working on a mod.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 12:18 PM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,329 Posts
The spinner that came with the PX is a little flimsly but not too bad; however I believe the prop yoke looks to be for a 3.17mm motor shaft which I can't use. Luckily I have in my collection a spinner I bought from HK that was supposed to be 30mm but was in fact 32mm so I finally have something to use it on. It also has spacing for the 6mm prop blade roots so I'll probably use the prop blades that came with the plane.

There's a good description earlier in the thread of mounting the servos end to end that was quite nice. I think it's worth taking a look back at that.

I couldn't tell from your picture but did you put in any down thrust and/or right thrust when you mounted the motor?
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:40 PM
iSlope
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
I couldn't tell from your picture but did you put in any down thrust and/or right thrust when you mounted the motor?
Hi Greywing!

The motor is not mounted yet and the firewall not glued in. I just placed the firewall into the fuselage. Later it will be moved deeper for about 3mm and glued in with carbon roving.
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:46 PM
iSlope
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
There's a good description earlier in the thread of mounting the servos end to end that was quite nice. I think it's worth taking a look back at that.
You can see from the pictures attached situation with classic mount how servos stick out of the fuselage. I will mount servos the same way that are mounted in the Javelin (see previous video from Airmix).

Old Jan 07, 2011, 03:50 PM
iSlope
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
250 Posts
Hi guys!

A little update. Servos are mounted the right way now and firewall glued in with carbon roving. Motor is also mounted but the 30mm spinner will be replaced. Why, see last picture.

Old Jan 07, 2011, 04:01 PM
USA, CA, Pismo Beach
Joined Oct 2007
1,329 Posts
Looking good, Pisaneli. Did you attach the servos with adhesive? They appear to be on a shelf. That spinner sure doesn't make it does it? Did you remove much of the front of the fuselage when you were preparing to mount the firewall?

Great pictures. Keep them coming.
Old Jan 07, 2011, 04:54 PM
Joined Dec 2010
99 Posts
Very good Pisaneli.

If I want to put a carbon fiber rod in the wing where the size of the rods?
Another thing I doubt is about the length of extensions to the wing servos.

I'll use a motor KDA 22-20L 1000kv with a 2S Lipo.
Old Jan 07, 2011, 06:36 PM
iSlope
Slovenia
Joined Mar 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Looking good, Pisaneli. Did you attach the servos with adhesive? They appear to be on a shelf. That spinner sure doesn't make it does it? Did you remove much of the front of the fuselage when you were preparing to mount the firewall?

Great pictures. Keep them coming.
Hi Greywing!

Thanks for the nice comments. I attached the servos with Epoxy and mixture of glass bubbles. I aplied a thin film of glue if I have to remove them in case of a failure. Yes they are glued to a shelf. I don't trust adhesive in a plane this big. I was owning a Topmodel Siesta in which I mounted the servos in wing with adhesive. One day I was flying in strong thermals and when I wanted to come down very fast the wing was caught in a flutter and the aileron servo dettached.
When I was preparing the front of the fuselage I only sanded the inner hole.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 03:47 AM
the answer 42 is
Switzerland, AG, Lenzburg
Joined Jan 2006
1,887 Posts
Serginho is very easy, measure the size of the hole in the wing where the extension go through I think is about 6 mm then the rod should go from the root of the wing to the aleirons, I glued it using 30min epoxy and lots of patience not to spill glue inside the wing this mod gave me a very light and strong wing. For the extensions you need to measure from the location of the servo to the location of your receiver minus the lenthg of the servo cable. It is different in every configuration you need to check it your self :P

@ Grey wing!, looking good the canopy is also new, mine is just glass fibre painted balck :P carbon looks always good

EZ
Edwinzea is offline Find More Posts by Edwinzea
Old Jan 08, 2011, 08:22 PM
Joined Dec 2010
99 Posts
Edwinzea alright, but I do not have the glider on hand to measure the wing.
I still have to buy all the electronics and knowing the length of the extensions I save on shipping.