HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2008, 06:50 AM
the answer 42 is
Switzerland, AG, Lenzburg
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
Build Log
Passer X

THe passer X is one of those products that you find when you are not looking for it. In y case I cross with it on the ebay, first shock the price and in deed it has really nice lines, this is my second "made in china" plane, the first one "green sleeve" is a great and cheap plane capable to endure the hardest landings :P. so I had some confidence on this new plane.

THe order was perfect i took to days from Taiwan to Holland and one week form Amsterdam to my town :P what to do tax people .

The first impression very positive, the whole package comes in a very good box, all the components in separated and well protected bags.
Edwinzea is offline Find More Posts by Edwinzea
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
"No" means "Know"!
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2004
568 Posts
I'd be worried about any kit that comes with a pocketknife as part of the contents
an85yalie is offline Find More Posts by an85yalie
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 25, 2008, 10:44 PM
Is everyone from California?
Orange County, NY
Joined May 2007
234 Posts
If you look I tried to start a thread for this plane also, didnt really go anywhere. Flies great, let me know if you have any questions. I went for the brushless upgrade and it climbs real well. Cant beat it for the $$$
yaitsfast is offline Find More Posts by yaitsfast
Old Mar 08, 2008, 01:42 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
The fuse

Well lets get started, The fuselage is just a dream I love the design and it strenght, the fuse is flawless and stiff the paint job (all white) has no problems.

the job here was short, nothing to strange to do, carefully remove the holes for the ventilation and others in the rear end to let the pushroads out.

Im a little bit reinforcement guy :P what to do I could not resist to reinforce with 5 layers of Glass fiber the firewall.

I used to servos to have full V tail control, also using better push road, 0.1mm platic tube with 0.08 mm steel raod is great and light I used it on my DLG and works perfectly.

final job is to install the nut that will support the bolt to hold the wing down, just some epoxy and Job done.

I have to admit that I did not expected too much form this "chineese" plane but I have to say Im gladly imppressed. One important feature i found in this plane was the wing - fuse alligment system, I had been building, designing and flying sailplanes for more that 12 years and I had never seen a more inovative way to do it, is clean and simple (see the picture).
Last edited by Edwinzea; Jul 10, 2008 at 03:36 AM.
Old Mar 08, 2008, 01:49 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
The radio installation

well not so much extra work, everything is smooth and easy , all the hardware is supplied with the plane, I use an extra servo for the V tail. for this plane I use my reliable Futaba 8UAP and a Pico 6 receiver form multplex instead of the Turborix that came with the plane :P. I added two stripes of Velcro to keep everything on place (battery, speed controller and receiver)
Old Mar 08, 2008, 01:56 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
The V tail

again the level of pre fabrication is quiet good and the quality is just great , it just need couple of minutes to glue the sides together. before installing the v tail on the fuse I glued the balsa triangular trips to make a perfect fit, is better to take some time here and make sure that all the surfaces are on line. After being glued it looks strong.
Old Mar 08, 2008, 02:09 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
The Wing

The wing come covered in a transparent film looks nice and strong, I checked the wing applying some pressure on the middle part while holding up the tip and the deflection was quiet daring :P, my decision form the beginning was to improve the babe , so I glued a 4mm Carbon fiber tube through the same compartment for the aleiron cables, as a result the wing now is much stronger on the inner part that will be helpful when making some nice acrobatics.

Beside this nothing too much to do, the servos are glued on place and all the linkage come from the factory even the servo extension I was lazy so I did not solder the extensions, instead I use a some glue and a string to keep the connectors together
Old Mar 08, 2008, 02:27 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
The Wing

The wing come covered in a transparent film looks nice and strong, I checked the wing applying some pressure on the middle part while holding up the tip and the deflection was quiet daring :P, my decision form the beginning was to improve the babe , so I glued a 4mm Carbon fiber tube through the same compartment for the aleiron cables, as a result the wing now is much stronger on the inner part that will be helpful when making some nice acrobatics.

Beside this nothing too much to do, the servos are glued on place and all the linkage come from the factory even the servo extension I was lazy so I did not solder the extensions, instead I use a some glue and a string to keep the connectors together
Old Mar 08, 2008, 03:16 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Hi Edwinzea,

Please tell us what you are building ? Model or make. Size and or discription. Thanks.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2008, 05:30 PM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
hey sorry I made a mistake this is just part of my build log of the Passer X
here is the full thing

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823518

Edwin
Old Mar 08, 2008, 05:39 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Thanks Edwin.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2008, 04:40 AM
smokin electrons...
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
1,265 Posts
Edwin, before you started the build did you weigh the model. Im just curious how much it weighs as a kit. Also how would you describe the strength of those wings compared to other built up sailplanes?

Thanks,
Abdullah...
skyzking is offline Find More Posts by skyzking
Old Mar 09, 2008, 08:16 AM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
before flying :D

Well the plane is ready and waiting for a better weather, here in Holland the rain and the wind does not seem to stop :P. I will like to say in general this is a great plane with beautiful lines and a reaallyy affordable price. I know is not one of the beauties from Czech republic but is a perfect plane for those that enjoy a Sunday flight without putting a fortune in the air. My best regards for the guy of RVmshop and as many others I hope one day they make a composite wing

great fly and soft landing for every body

I will keep you posted about the maiden of this babe
Old Mar 09, 2008, 11:17 AM
the answer 42 is
Joined Jan 2006
1,897 Posts
well I did not actually weight it I have not a good workshop any more (long story) I think they report something like 400g on the iste. The wings are quiet strong, I mean average balsa wood construction, of course if you compare them with other techniques like CF or GF this wings are less strong :P, I add a CF tube to make them more stiff on the inner part of the wing.
Old Mar 09, 2008, 02:52 PM
Is everyone from California?
Orange County, NY
Joined May 2007
234 Posts
Mine flies excellent. Have had it for about a year. I dont anticipate you having any problems. Good Luck!
yaitsfast is offline Find More Posts by yaitsfast