SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:23 PM
Carbondale PA
Joined Aug 2005
569 Posts
Discussion
Keystone Indoor Electric Fly back on!

I am happy to report that the Keystone Indoor Electric Fly that was canceled last year due to the unfortunate collapse of the Playing Fields dome is back on!

The event will take place at the Generations Sports Dome in Muncy Pa near Williamsport. (The largest sports dome in the US) The Dates will be October 18 th -19 th 2008. We will have a large separate area for us Micro Flyers! We will also be doing an "all nighter" on Saturday night. It should be a good time. I will post more information soon.

Thanks, Joe.
Joe Malinchak is offline Find More Posts by Joe Malinchak
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Joe Malinchak; Aug 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:35 PM
Drum, Pa
Joined May 2006
229 Posts
The website is now up and running. Please take a look around. There will be a lot more info being added as time goes on.

www.keystoneindoor.com

Thanks.....Mark
OnTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by OnTheEdge
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:51 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,604 Posts
Micro Flyers. Check out the Micro Flying Area diagram. Floor to ceiling netting to ensure seperation. The more I hear about this event, the more I like.

http://www.pafunfly.com/microarea.html
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2008, 01:25 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,022 Posts
Used to fly at a hockey rink that had floor to ceiling netting, hopefully there will be some retrieval equipment available for such a tall ceiling

The motor restriction seems small, what's the power output of a brushed S 300 motor?

I'm planning on being there but with gas prices the way they are I'm not sure about making two 1000 mile trips in two months (NEAT in Sep)

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:13 PM
Carbondale PA
Joined Aug 2005
569 Posts
We will be having a Micro Fun Scale contest at this years Keystone event! AMA Fun Scale rules will apply. However, we will have a 2 ounce weight limit.

Del Ogren is also organizing an Old Timer Climb and Glide event. We will post more information soon.

Joe.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Micro Laser 3D
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:57 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,604 Posts
Joe,

Do you know how late the dome will be open for flying on Sunday the 19th? I need to know if I should get a room that night too...yeah, that means I'm making the trip.
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2008, 11:11 PM
Drum, Pa
Joined May 2006
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
Used to fly at a hockey rink that had floor to ceiling netting, hopefully there will be some retrieval equipment available for such a tall ceiling
We got that covered. My neighbor works for the local power company and has a telescoping fiberglass pole that we will have on hand. It works well as I had to use it a few years ago to get a foamy out of tree in my front yard.
Old Jul 05, 2008, 11:45 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,022 Posts
Has the F3P schedule been posted? I didn't find it on the web site. I'm curious if one of the lower (unofficial I know) classes will be flown.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jul 08, 2008, 01:49 AM
Carbondale PA
Joined Aug 2005
569 Posts
Hi Tim,

I am really happy that you will be flying with us! I am not sure how late we can fly on Sunday. I am thinking we will wrap things up around 5 or 6 PM. We still have to finalize are schedule.

Joe.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:57 PM
Drum, Pa
Joined May 2006
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
Has the F3P schedule been posted? I didn't find it on the web site. I'm curious if one of the lower (unofficial I know) classes will be flown.

Azarr
www.ecubedrc.com
Ed Alt (NSRCA District I VP) is working on getting the schedules for the F3P. He's practicing for the Pattern Nats at the moment and will fly next week so I don't think we'll have anything before that.

We'll keep you posted.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:39 PM
Carbondale PA
Joined Aug 2005
569 Posts
Hotel rooms in Williamsport are booking up fast! Anyone planning on staying should make their reservations now. I negotiated a rate of $61.00 in the Econo Lodge. 570-326-1501, $99.00 in the Holiday Inn 570-327-8231. Please check are web site for more information. Tell them you want the Dome rate for the KIEF.

Joe.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Joe Malinchak; Aug 19, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:14 AM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,192 Posts
I wish I hadn't already booked a flight and room for a vacation for this week. I'll definitely be looking into coming next year though!
Allan Wright is offline Find More Posts by Allan Wright
Old Sep 27, 2008, 01:11 AM
Carbondale PA
Joined Aug 2005
569 Posts
We now have our event schedule posted on the web site. http://www.pafunfly.com/ (Sorry for the late posting) We are using a format that is similar to the JR Indoor event. We plan to have a few lights out night flying sessions, and a award for the best night model.

We should have some top "Micro Flyers" in attendance. Robert Guillot is planning on attending with some of his amazing new models that he flew at NEAT! Bob Selman, Gary Jones, and Ken Spencer are also planning on attending. It should be fun event!

Joe.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2008, 02:03 AM
Your ruler, in part...
Albany, NY
Joined Mar 2005
731 Posts
This event sounds pretty cool. I'll see if i can attend, it should be a blast. i might be able to get my 390mg plane in the air this time. i think i found out why it wasn't flying at NEAT, the back bushing for the motor axle came off so the axle was vibrating a lot and killing the thrust. good thing is its an easy fix, i hope...
Angry_Monk is offline Find More Posts by Angry_Monk
Old Oct 03, 2008, 09:36 PM
It's a spiderweb of knit lines
Souderton Pa. USA
Joined Mar 2002
2,651 Posts
The KIEF is getting close and I'm still not sure if I can make it. If I can make it I'll bring jets.

Who else is going and whatcha bringing?
mcross is offline Find More Posts by mcross