HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 12:35 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL SKrom... well, he is ok with me then... for now. If he acts up I'll put a 5.56mm round between his eyes though! Yeah, we used to catch scorpions in Iraq and torch them... not something you really want in your room runnin around.

eatmydirt... yeah, thats just how we roll... lol There's no need to fear.... Lmopar69 is here!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2008, 02:14 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,561 Posts
Imopar69..Glad all went well for the flight. That 'looks' like some horrible a** weather. The Pireps must not be available? Although I think you shoulda MayDay'd the politicians out of the birds about 3k AGL sans chutes!

Love the pics you're sending & waiting for more I'd like to see some 'homey' pics of you & the crews as well. A little off time as it were..Keep postin please!

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Feb 24, 2008, 02:21 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Roger that Dan... I'll see what I can do. With any luck we will eventually get a decent amount of "off time" to do something fun. Maybe when the weather gets better.

More pics will come soon...

Laine.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 01:59 PM
Sacramento CA. USA
Joined Jan 2004
402 Posts
Really enjoyed the pics. Showed them to my 13 year old son so he can see what it's really like over there!

Stay safe and thank you for your service!

George
wagnerg is offline Find More Posts by wagnerg
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:30 AM
san diego,ca
Joined Jan 2006
242 Posts
Funny thing

Wow small world.
I am with the AZ guard out at Asadabad, we drove Sen Kerry into town for a meeting, then back. Are you familiar with OP Bull Run near Abad? A few months back I flew a homemade UAV from where the connex is positioned. haha, small world.

Ben Mitchell
rclinks2002 is offline Find More Posts by rclinks2002
Old Feb 26, 2008, 12:22 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
Laine,
thanks for the pics and the update. I read the news story on all the news web sites, then I wondered, I thought, nahh, low and behold, it was you.

How did you stay warm for all that time on the ground? Glad your safe and back "home" as you say in your warm bed.

Take care,
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI
Conehead is online now Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Oct 04, 2008, 11:19 PM
Joined May 2006
8,108 Posts
Laine:

What did you think about Biden's recent accounts of this trip? I guess he got into some hot water for claiming y'all were forced down by enemy fire.
Socomon is offline Find More Posts by Socomon
Old Oct 05, 2008, 12:04 AM
san diego,ca
Joined Jan 2006
242 Posts
I am surprised he didnt say anything about the "terrorists" blocking the road with a herd of sheep when we drove him and kerry into Abad.
rclinks2002 is offline Find More Posts by rclinks2002
Old Oct 17, 2008, 12:13 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
lol, yeah, I remember sitting and waiting for you guys to get back. Oh, bye the way, the chow at ABAD stinks! lol

Socomon, he acctually didnt say he was forced down bye enemy fire... what he said was his helicopter was forced down... he let imaginations fill in the rest. Either way, they can say as they wish. Dont make any difference to me.

Laine.