SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 02, 2003, 11:36 AM
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Joined Nov 2000
667 Posts
Beriev Be-200 for EDF

Greetings All -

In hunting for info on a couple of different Soviet aircraft, I realized that the Beriev Be-200 would make a darn good EDF model. There's more photos to look at of the two present versions and also take a look at the larger A-40 Albatross on this excellent web site:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/aircraft...aft_portal.htm

Following are some photos to feed your appetites!

Fly Fast! Mark
Mark Nankivil is offline Find More Posts by Mark Nankivil
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2003, 11:37 AM
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Joined Nov 2000
667 Posts
Photo 1 -
Old Jan 02, 2003, 11:39 AM
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Joined Nov 2000
667 Posts
And one more.....
Old Jan 02, 2003, 12:02 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,527 Posts
There is a well known southern E-zoner that has a set of plans well on the way for a Be-200. (not me!) He has gone back and forth a bit on whether to use two Ky fans or two MF 480s. Perhaps he will chime in here shortly.....

He is a superior craftsman and I know the model and the plans will be superb.

I keep thinking that a slightly smaller one for a pair of EDF 50 fans, all done in foam and Solite would be a real cutie.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jan 02, 2003, 01:52 PM
Acme Powered!
Orange,CA
Joined Jul 2000
4,040 Posts
BE-200

Mark, it almost looks like a Jet Amphibian aircraft I know that the Soviets did some extensive testing on jet Amphib aircraft this looks like it could have been one even though I know that is not it still has the lines of one.

PS: Those Webistes you found for my Rafale are awesome
Thanks Much Joe
Joe Elston is offline Find More Posts by Joe Elston
Old Jan 02, 2003, 02:12 PM
Flying the Unusual
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Joined Nov 2002
323 Posts
Yeah, it does look a little amphibious - especially since it looks like it's doing some fire-bombing - and it looks like it has wingtip floats, and a little rudder under the aft fuselage. The 3-view drawing even looks like it's showing a waterline!

However I don't know anything about this aircraft, other than the engine placement reminds me of one of the russian ground-effect planes, and a STOL cargo plane that had them high, but in front of the wing so the jet blast was directed over the wing and flaps.

Nice looking plane though
kennypinkerton is offline Find More Posts by kennypinkerton
Old Jan 02, 2003, 02:28 PM
Fly Brushless!
Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2002
3,136 Posts
There is just something so ODD about seeing a jet aircraft in water!

Very cool plane.

Props too on this Beriev A-40 'Albatros'
Either model would be fairly easy to build.
Hawker is offline Find More Posts by Hawker
Last edited by Hawker; Jan 02, 2003 at 02:34 PM.
Old Jan 02, 2003, 03:54 PM
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Joined Nov 2000
667 Posts
Hi Joe -

Yep, it is indeed an amphib and a pretty good one at that. The larger A-40 has been flying for something like ten years and I remember one of the Brits doing a profile A-40 powered by two of the Morley fans. The Be-200 has good proportions and with the wing actually sitting on the fuselage and faired in accordingly, it ought to be a straightforward model to build. I really like the size of the engine nacelles in proportion to the rest of the airframe - no need to cartoon scale them to make it work. Not enough power in electrics yet to take off of water and still have sufficient energy to fly around a decent amount of time. One day that'll change.... Maybe one day a turbine powered model will show up at a float fly That would be something well worth seeing!

You're welcome on the Rafale info - neat looking aircraft!

Fly Fast! Mark
Old Jan 02, 2003, 04:27 PM
Acme Powered!
Orange,CA
Joined Jul 2000
4,040 Posts
BE-200

Mark, I knew it was an Amphib The second one with the props would be do able in electric Mark. We need some plans drawn up and then get them laser cut and throw a couple of Mega brushless motor in it and I bet it would work. I agree the ducted fan version needs glow engines or turbine. But I think the prop version is very much a good idea? I would love to build one.
Joe
Old Jan 02, 2003, 04:38 PM
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Joined Nov 2000
667 Posts
Hi Joe -

I have a friend in Warsaw, Poland - we've been swapping and trading aircraft and model related stuff for a number of years. I sent him an e-mail to see if he might know of a detailed drawing of the Be-200. We'll see what happens. Some of the monthly Russian, Polish and Czech model magazines have very good aircraft drawings.

BTW - your other Rafale info went out in this morning's mail. Give me a shout when it shows up!

Fly Fast! Mark
Old Jan 02, 2003, 04:42 PM
Acme Powered!
Orange,CA
Joined Jul 2000
4,040 Posts
Thanks Mark

Mark thanks Much The Be 200 would be cool or the prop version would also be very cool its a neat looking plane. I bet it would make a nice model.
Thanks Again for the Rafale Info I will take some construction pictures for you,
Joe
Old Jan 03, 2003, 05:04 PM
Crazy Cessna Owner
Australia, SA, Windsor Gardens
Joined May 2001
1,931 Posts
I'm sure someone could get a be-200 going on a pair of EDF-50. Someone is bound to rise to the challenge (if only i had another receiver).
Robbie d is offline Find More Posts by Robbie d