HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:58 PM
Joined Aug 2007
119 Posts
Video
3D HobbyShop 85in Katana

Gang, this is the Badazzzzz Electric we've flown to date! It's super light wing loading affords you the oppurtunity to throw down some serious 3D flying,or flip your rates down, and you have the best sport flying electric in the 85" class. This video is from the Arizona Electric Festival.
flyinghamiltons is offline Find More Posts by flyinghamiltons
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:20 AM
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jun 2006
974 Posts
Great flying! That was on 10S? Now you've got me thinking about trying my 2 5S 3850 Extreme V2's in a 50cc plane. I thought you needed 12S and 5000mAh to get decent power and flight times out of a plane that size. I guess I was wrong!

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghamiltons
Gang, this is the Badazzzzz Electric we've flown to date! It's super light wing loading affords you the oppurtunity to throw down some serious 3D flying,or flip your rates down, and you have the best sport flying electric in the 85" class. This video is from the Arizona Electric Festival.
Warbirds Rule is offline Find More Posts by Warbirds Rule
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:32 PM
Joined Aug 2007
119 Posts
Hello, yes this is a 10S2p 3700 packs set up.. plenty of power, and at least 6 minutes of hard flying is available... we are currently setting up our extra 300 3DHS SHP 85 inch, same motor, and we're going to try 10 cells, and then 12... Amazing how light this setup is.. let me know how we can help... Regards..flyinghamiltons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbirds Rule
Great flying! That was on 10S? Now you've got me thinking about trying my 2 5S 3850 Extreme V2's in a 50cc plane. I thought you needed 12S and 5000mAh to get decent power and flight times out of a plane that size. I guess I was wrong!

Sean
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:48 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
901 Posts
Amazing what that STORM motor can do, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghamiltons
Hello, yes this is a 10S2p 3700 packs set up.. plenty of power, and at least 6 minutes of hard flying is available... we are currently setting up our extra 300 3DHS SHP 85 inch, same motor, and we're going to try 10 cells, and then 12... Amazing how light this setup is.. let me know how we can help... Regards..flyinghamiltons
sailr is offline Find More Posts by sailr
Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:56 PM
Joined Aug 2007
119 Posts
yes sir, it's a beast for sure!! Can't wait to see the extra flying as well...HFSS 6374 has our respect! Now let's get my packs here so we can crank this hummer up!!!!!!!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:24 AM
Joined Mar 2006
12 Posts
We have had many questions regarding the Storm line of brushless motors and without sounding like an advertisement; these motors are not relabeled motors. Months of design specs and testing in the Arizona heat made these motors what we use in our aircraft.

As a distributor of the Storm Motor line, we at Vision Hobbies assembled this 3D Hobby Shop Katana for Stephen Hamilton and Kyle Girardo to fly at the 2008 Arizona Electric Flight Festival. We found it to a remarkable RC aircraft and a perfect match for the Storm 6374-200 Professional Precision Competition Brushless Motor. Essentially, all the motor numbers indicate; 63 the diameter in mm, 74 is the length in mm and 200KV is the RPM per volt.

As a builder of aircraft for many of our customers, this model with itís engineered wing loading and knowing the Storm motor will produce over 20 pounds of thrust using a XOAR 22x10 Electric prop on a Poly RC 10s2P was ideal, especially in reducing cell count used with other motors. We did enhance the airflow into the cowl and created extra exiting points. We are firm believer of moving generated heat (even if it is 110 degree + Arizona air that is cooling) away from moving parts.

As shown in the video and video on Vision Hobbies website, this motor, aircraft, combination is flat out fun as an 80 plus inch aircraft, beautiful in the sky and the talk of the field.

Please feel free to drop us note or give us a call for any detail information that we are happy to share.

Thank you
visionhobbies is offline Find More Posts by visionhobbies
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:49 AM
Joined Aug 2007
119 Posts
Rich, thks for chiming in here...We endorse this combination with a Resounding YES BABY!!!..3DHS 87" Kat, with the Storm 6374-200 is the ticket on 10s2P from Vision Hobbies. It is Flat out going to PEG YOUR FUN METER FOLKS!!