SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 17, 2001, 09:44 PM
Serenity Now!
O'Fallon, MO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,325 Posts
Yet another Twinjet flies for the first time

I took the Twinjet out for its maiden flight today at the park. On the first toss it just settled into the grass after about 25ft. After regrouping and adding a bit of up elevator trim I tried again with a stronger heave this time.

That did it. She climbed out real nice. I had to take out the trim I added in. The trims stayed right at neutral and I didn't have any problems. The plane was a bit sensitive but that's because I had twice the reccomended control throw. It wasn't a problem though, I just gave small contol inputs (flying choppers does pay off).

I just did some plain circuits of the field, nothing fancy. After about 4 minutes I noticed the power starting to wane so I set up for landing. Greased her right in. That's when I noticed one of the pros was missing. I thought initially it had come off at landing but it was no where to be seen. That's when it hit me that the prop must have come off in flight, thereby explaining the power loss. I checked the battery and it still had 60% left.

I didn't have any spare props with me so I put the TJ away and flew my bearcat. The funny thing was that even with the one motor it was flying OK. You wouldn't be doing any aerobatics but just flying straight and level was no problem. It did look great in the air though. At home I readjusted the control thros and installed a new prop. Tomorrow I'll try it again......

For pics of it see http://www.geocities.com/jbrundt/twinjet.html

jbrundt is offline Find More Posts by jbrundt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2001, 10:17 PM
Fish & Fly
Tyler, TX USA
Joined Jul 2000
1,406 Posts
Looks good. Except for the white on the nose and fins, it looks very much like mine.

I got tired of messing with the push-on Gunther props, put a couple of adapters on and installed MasterAirscrew 5.5x4.5 props. It helped the performance of the TJ quite a bit.

Keep your speed up through the turns (especially final approach) and you should enjoy this plane alot.
DaJudge is offline Find More Posts by DaJudge