HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
798 Posts
Maiden

Flew her today. Great flyer and the robart 1/4 landing gear was a nice upgrade.
Appreciate all the previous info as I have been lurking for a while. Going to be flying this one a lot.
Pilot Fatigue is offline Find More Posts by Pilot Fatigue
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:52 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Damn, I forgot to get the robart gear and bought a new 55" Pitts......../ ZZEE
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:00 PM
Joined Jan 2012
798 Posts
I think Tower has them
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:40 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
Damn, I forgot to get the robart gear and bought a new 55" Pitts......../ ZZEE
So did you find a new lhs? There is a shop like that in VA that I have to be careful in. I have gone in twice for scale wheels or something simple that I just didn't want to wait for Hh to ship and ended up walking out with new planes both times.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:56 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Yea, that happens, hell, I just got out of ICU yesterday after a week. BTW..you didn't hear this from me but....and I use it sparingly, a hidden stash of fast food salt&pepper paper containers will definitely make the nurses think you liked the cardo diet Another tip... I was not home for a week and had 3 big airplane boxes arrive, have a friend pick your stuff up. I told my wife they were get well gifts .....I'm not gonna build flyable ARF planes anymore(kit's from now on)I have enough, from now on they will be for static display. No need to rush anymore..zeezee/dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Jan 2012
798 Posts
Stock landing gear

Have a new one just posted 13 bucks shipped conus
They are back ordered so if u need one or two here it is
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:57 PM
RC Nut!
Madera, California, United States
Joined Oct 2001
1,122 Posts
I had just dialed mine in (CG) and large 15/9/3 prop on a higher kv 4S 4000ma pack &1000watt or so motor. I had a DP problem at my local flying site (my back yard). I ended up hitting the powerlines and getting hungup and then she went in strait down from powerline / pole height (40 foot or so). Looking for thoughts on options. Should I get a complete kit and build out another complete bird? or just try to get a fuse and fix the small issues with 1 wing tip? She is fixable but its more than I want to take on right now. Basic complete rebuild of the front foot or so of the plane. Right now it is match sticks being held togeather by some of the un shredded covering

Fun Fun,

John Fruge
Madera, CA
jfruge is offline Find More Posts by jfruge
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Jan 2012
798 Posts
For me I would start over
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:27 PM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,226 Posts
After a long time on backorder over here in Australia, my Pawnee Xmas present should be waiting for me at the post office now.

I gather from several posts here they can turn out a bit nose heavy, so I'm thinking 6S with a Hacker A40-12L (Kv=410), which weighs 272g, compared to the Power 46 at 290g, or 380g for the Power 60. Should need 870 or 1050W for 14x10 or 15x10 respectively.

I've promised myself I'm not going to buy any more motors, so my other options are Kv=375 Hyperion Zs4025-14, but it weighs 400g, or a Kv=574 Z4020-14 @ 285g, but that'd have to be 5S propped down a bit compared to the 6S choices.

Whichever way I have pack and prop combinations for from 700 to 1000W .

Any thoughts on what combinations of pack weight and motor weight balance nicely? I get the strong impression that with the big wing, a pound or so either way isn't going to make a lot of difference, but I'd like all the weight to count if I can.
scirocco is offline Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:03 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,521 Posts
I made a pretty easy mod to move the battery back about 2" and it made a big difference with the weight distribution. I am flying with the power 60 on 6S and very much like the combo.

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:01 AM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,762 Posts
Another aero-tow video to share.

Really Smooth RC Aerotow (5 min 14 sec)
YarSmythe is offline Find More Posts by YarSmythe
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry H View Post
I made a pretty easy mod to move the battery back about 2" and it made a big difference with the weight distribution. I am flying with the power 60 on 6S and very much like the combo.

Harry
Same setup here...even the upgraded gear like yours. I had no cg problems when the lipo was moved in front of the rudder and elevator servos.
Balance with no added weight but I'm sure the Sullivan tail wheel helped a little.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:25 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Fatigue View Post
Same setup here...even the upgraded gear like yours. I had no cg problems when the lipo was moved in front of the rudder and elevator servos.
Balance with no added weight but I'm sure the Sullivan tail wheel helped a little.
I had a good size chunk of lead strapped to the leaf spring on the tailwheel before I moved the battery. No lead now How do you like the Robart gear?

Harry
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:53 PM
Joined Jan 2012
798 Posts
Robart Gear

HH....maybe the best functional mod I've ever made on a plane. It just seems right on this one!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:03 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,521 Posts
+1 - and it looks good to boot!

Harry