SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:00 AM
Champaign. Illinois
Joined Jun 2003
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Voodoo* View Post
I am done with the build...but i have a blue plastic thingy left....anyone knows where it goes??
That part is on many full scale Pawnees.

On the one we used at the airport I worked at, the rear part was clear and showed how much liquid was left in your hopper tank.

Hope that helps.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Mattfly is offline Find More Posts by Mattfly
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:16 AM
Granby,Quebec,Canada
Joined Aug 2009
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post

On the one we used at the airport I worked at, the rear part was clear and showed how much liquid was left in your hopper tank.

Hope that helps.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Yes it does

Thanks matt...i'll be gluing it on tonight...nothing like scale planes
*Voodoo* is offline Find More Posts by *Voodoo*
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:56 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly View Post

Hope that helps.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Cool, always wondered what that was, and never found any explanation anywhere on the net. Thanks. I have left mine off so far because I didn't know what it was for, plus I didn't like the way it looked just sitting on top of the covering. Now I think I'll cut a slot in the hatch and mount it from inside the hatch to hide the base. Maybe cut the rear section out to let just a bit of warm air out of the battery compartment. Not that it really needs any extra cooling usually, but it has been one HOT summer here so every little bit helps.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:26 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Thanks Matt! I too looked everywhere and came up with no info. I will be putting it on mine

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:32 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I am down to my Pawnee now as my only plane. I really love this plane. I used screws to mount my little blue thing and my canopy. I think it adds a little detail and when I find the right pilot for it I can put him or her in. I think my next big plane will be the Senior Telemaster Plus. Well not my next, my next will be an appropriate glider to tow behind my Pawnee that my buddy will fly. Looking forward to that. On my 2nd flight I flew her into a small tree hitting the left wing in the middle of the leading edge as I was coming in for a full flap landing. Eyes and perception. She was barely moving when I hit, spinning her around and then plopping down on her gear. The wing only had a small dent, small and the gear spread out a bit. I reinforced the gear and put 2 heavy duty rubberbands on the gear that follow the same lines as the gear itself and gives it a little spring and rigidity. This is one tough bird for sure. Plenty of successful flights since. Definitely doesn't need flaps. Dave/ZEE
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:11 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Zee, I bonked mine on a cross wind this morning. Minor tip damage and also the cowl. both are easy repairs. Do yourself a bid favor and put the Robart gear on. You will be SO HAPPY!

Harry
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:51 PM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Yea, that will be my next thing to get. I just got in from a flight and had a little bump on landing and was worried. Seems to be the Only weak point of this plane..
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:30 AM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,741 Posts
An aerotow outing we had last week with my Pawnee.

RC Aerotow at Scobee Field (4 min 5 sec)
YarSmythe is offline Find More Posts by YarSmythe
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
That video was so cool and I loved the view you get following the tow plane. I can't wait to do that. What camera did you use in the glider? Getting that chase footage has got me all fired up now for sure... Dave
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:12 AM
Granby,Quebec,Canada
Joined Aug 2009
145 Posts
I was wondering if my plane could fly on a 5s setup?...i have the power 60 in it.....the stores where i order my lipos are all out of stock of 6s lipos.....i wanted to maiden my plane this week and was thinking of using the 5 cells i have until i can order the 6s.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:39 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,310 Posts
Quote:
I was wondering if my plane could fly on a 5s setup?...i have the power 60 in it.....the stores where i order my lipos are all out of stock of 6s lipos.....i wanted to maiden my plane this week and was thinking of using the 5 cells i have until i can order the 6s.
looking at ecalc numbers it looks like a 5s 5000 30c/P-60/ 15x10apc will give the same thrust and speed numbers as what I flew mine on at first. That was the P-46/4s 5000 30c/ 13x8x3mas. It was fine as long as it wasn't very windy. Even then it stayed in the air fine, but I wanted more thrust so I went to 6s and a 14x9x3mas. I really liked that combo for this plane.
V2rider is online now Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
Granby,Quebec,Canada
Joined Aug 2009
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2rider View Post
looking at ecalc numbers it looks like a 5s 5000 30c/P-60/ 15x10apc will give the same thrust and speed numbers as what I flew mine on at first. That was the P-46/4s 5000 30c/ 13x8x3mas. It was fine as long as it wasn't very windy. Even then it stayed in the air fine, but I wanted more thrust so I went to 6s and a 14x9x3mas. I really liked that combo for this plane.
I have a 15 x 8 and a 16 x 8 would that be enough?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 01:35 PM
Addicted to RC
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
2,741 Posts
Quote:
I have a 15 x 8 and a 16 x 8 would that be enough?
Your problem is going to be prop clearance with that size prop. My 14x8" wooden is just barely touching the ground once the tail is up.

You could get by with a 5S pack but a 6S makes a world of difference for me.
YarSmythe is offline Find More Posts by YarSmythe
Last edited by YarSmythe; Jul 23, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:50 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
I started out with a 15x8 when I had the stock LG on and had no problems with clearance. Had to remember to straighten out the stock LG to make sure it was not bent too much for the prop. Flies pretty good on that prop with 6S, I bet 5S would be fine for a temp setup.

Harry

Or you could get a couple of 3S and run in series..
Last edited by Harry H; Jul 23, 2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Added comment
Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:11 PM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I have a 15-8 on mine and no probs. The motor I have in it is a 5065/4 and I just found out it's classified as a 80. It rocks for sure with a 4200 6S. The stock gear is fine for me, but you have to land it right, sorta makes you do it...I get bored with stuff pretty quick and something has to be pretty special for me to stay with it and this plane is one of those things. In fact I was hankerin for a grab and go plane and bought myself another mini PulseXT, that is one sweet airplane. I got it overpowered with a 1450kv, 400W motor and it's crazy fun... I like to have different drawers to open so I am trying to find myself a powered glider now that I can toss and also pull behind the Pawnee. I want to put a camera in the glider to film the Pawnee.