SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:47 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Alright! I would recommend to add epoxy anywhere you can get to as with any ARF. H9 has very good quality but mine really needed it, especially around the firewall. Have fun.

Harry
Harry H is offline Find More Posts by Harry H
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:11 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
Time for me to get to work... Just rolled in and in great shape. I little iron work and I'm good to go, man it's big.....Dave/ZEE
It only seems big till you get her up in the air, then it just turns to into a nice relaxing floater. Took mine out with my Rhapsody today to give the Warbirds a little break. Good choice as they both fit in the car and no retracts to worry about for a change. 3 flights on each made for a really enjoyable afternoon. I think you'll like this one a lot.
It's been a while since I put mine together and I don't remember going over anything with extra epoxy, but I think this winter it will get pulled apart and have some added. This is one I want to stay in the hangar for years to come so a little extra strength will be a good thing. Not at all worried about weight, this thing could probably handle an extra pound and still be a sweetheart.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:03 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Sometimes it really pays to be the last guy to get one. I soaked up all the info on this thread and have been using it as it goes together, like epoxy for the gear in the slots and extra gear straps, and extra CA and epoxy. Got my wheels and gear on working on tail gear and putting a 1 1/2" tail wheel on. Gona screw my canopy on so I can change pilots if I wish depending on their flying Put a brass sleeve in the rims. I'm a good lander so I believe the gear is good to go. Man!!!! I just LOVE this LOVE it!!! I just can't stop Maybe when I get to a 12' wing span......NAW!!!!! I still can't get in!!!!! and I'm gona get my in Seriously, my next bird is a Telemaster Senior Plus @ 144". Dave/ZEE
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:10 PM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I have the airframe done, I love the wires on the tail, sweet! I saw a real one the other day and it had some fenders on it similar to a motorcycle and it was . This is one nice bird and I believe a keeper for a Looong time. I am also gona fly it as a open cockpit plane with a windscreen as it is a single seat plane and would be a blast to fly as such in real life. ALERT!!!!! wife just walked in with a Barbie!!! she is beautiful(Barbie) I think she can fly it with her hair in the wind!!! Dave/ZEE
Last edited by zeezee; Jun 09, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:27 PM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
OK, it's ready to fly, complete! Set my 6S sideways just ahead of the rudder and elevator servo's and needed 2.5 oz. toward the tail for CG. Took the 4 aluminum spacers in the kit and glued them on either side on the seat and CG is on the $$$$$. This plane is almost to nice to fly ZEE
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:07 PM
Rick
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
This plane is almost to nice to fly ZEE
Yes I agree sitting on the tarmac the look of this bird is $$$$, but the look in the air doing a low pass over a grain field; priceless.

Rick.
hammer833 is offline Find More Posts by hammer833
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:27 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer833 View Post
Yes I agree sitting on the tarmac the look of this bird is $$$$, but the look in the air doing a low pass over a grain field; priceless.

Rick.
To me this one is a bit of a goofy looker on the ground. Not ugly, just strange. in the air it really stands out though. Can't help but just run it up and down the runway low and slow.
I think I may look into the electric smoke systems again over the winter. Then rig up some sprayers and have the smoke exit the sprayers. The smoke will just drift away instead of falling, but still may look good.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:03 AM
Rick
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Joined Apr 2007
596 Posts
That would be very cool looking. I was thinking of putting a hopper under the seat with a door in the belly that opened about 1/8" and fill the hopper with talcum powder or chalk dust.
hammer833 is offline Find More Posts by hammer833
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Flew the maiden this morning and love this plane. It caught me by surprise at takeoff as I wasn't expecting it to get airborne at 2'-3'. Just floated up. Flap deployment with the 4 sec. delay plug I put in it works great. No change in attitude when flaps deploy at any speed, just more lift. All the guys noticed that if nothing else. Only one in the club, I like that. It is even better looking in the air flying 3' above the runway. Definitely need to get an electric smoke system for this to work with a sprayer under the wings. Damn, this plane will fly slow. Landing was nice and no problem, slows down good with plenty lift to just lightly touch down. 5 Stars for me!! ZEE
Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:46 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
Good to hear it went well zz. If you are like me, you won't get tired of it either Did you use flaps for landing?

Harry
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:29 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,311 Posts
Congrats Dave. Told ya you would like this one. It is kind of a shocker when it just climbs out so easy the first time. I know I was pleasently surprised.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:57 PM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Harry, used flaps on one landing and none on another. It doesn't need them as it slows down nicely but what the hell. I believe that this bird will takeoff on it's own without any or very little elevator, on next flight I will try to let it go on it's own, that should be very smooth as it will be the plane not me. BYW, I was flying in a good wind today but this bird didn't notice. Love it, ZEE
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Jul 2004
2,585 Posts
Hi guys I've been flying mine for the last 4 years odd now. Mine is set up on an e-flite power 90 running on either 6 or 8S throwing an E-prop 16x10 2 blade. this gives me nice long flites, 10-15 minutes or 5 tows with gliders up to 4 meters and 9lb in weight. I always land full flap and use the over the hedge landing approach.... ie 45 degrees round out and touch down.... a great little model that is fun to fly and ever so reliable performer. The only let down is the undercariage and funnily enough works better with the braising between upper and lower wires broken as it allows some spring to the gear.
Big Nuts 181 is offline Find More Posts by Big Nuts 181
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:26 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,519 Posts
I am also using a 16 x 10 with a 60 and very much like the power it has. Was thinking about the 90 to try some towing. How do you manage not hitting the prop with the stock gear?

Zee - I don't give any up elevator for take off until the very end. I love how the plane takes off by itself with gradual throttle in about 15 feet or so.

Harry
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:39 PM
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I have a 5065 and it's listed as a 80 /w410kv. I may try an 8S and definitely a 16" prop but it's not like I need more than what I have. Nice to have my own field to fly in, but I do like goin to the club and flying with the guys, ya can't beat that! ZEE